Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

heard it is hawthorn

#1 Ryder fan
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Little bit gutted if it's not us.

Reckon Fevola is going to have a great final few years.

Imagine the pressure he would release on Riewoldt; it would give Roo a new lease on life and allow him to roam up the park, guilt-free.

FWIW - if we don't get Fevola - we've lost Baker and McQualter, but we could do a LOT worse than consider Luke Power. If you want a bloke to set a prime example in a football club, and still offer excellent contributions for another two-three years while our window is still 'open', this is the guy. I'd actually rather have him contribute to building a great club culture than have pick 106 get cut 24 months later.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Evertonic suggested :
we could do a LOT worse than consider Luke Power. If you want a bloke to set a prime example in a football club, and still offer excellent contributions for another two-three years while our window is still 'open', this is the guy.
Not a bad suggestion. Would he move to Melbourne? $$$ may not be the problem, as he has been de-listed by Brisbane.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Evertonic suggested :
we could do a LOT worse than consider Luke Power. If you want a bloke to set a prime example in a football club, and still offer excellent contributions for another two-three years while our window is still 'open', this is the guy.
Not a bad suggestion. Would he move to Melbourne? $$$ may not be the problem, as he has been de-listed by Brisbane.
Better response than what I was expecting: "Geez, reckon we're the new old folks home?"

Well, he wants to go to GWS, where he has been promised a leadership role if they can get it done.

That's all well and good, but hell, another quality runner going through our midfield - and somebody who can actually use the ball well - sounds quite tempting for me if the money is right.

Not saying it will happen, not saying he'll solve anything, just saying he could help. And when so many draft picks turn out to be rubbish, he could assist in adding to our midfield rotation when we're crying out for some quality. He and Hayes would make a powerful senior mentoring duo for our young midifielders, IMO, just as recruiting King did wonders for McEvoy's development and will, I think, help Stanley in the long run.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Fevola is the ultimate security. What if Walsh turns out to be a dud, what if Roo gets injured? We've already lost Lynch, and he was definitely in front of Will and Simpkin...

He stated he will play for minimum so its not a question of money, he's said that he is happy to prove himself in the VFL (wait in the wings). Far out, the club was happy to get Pattison as security, why not Fevola??

I want Walsh to succeed as much as everyone else, maybe Tommy's new nickname should be NEO. Has he seen the oracle yet? What did she say?

Just in case it doesn't come good, should we have a backup plan?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Joffa 5
Club Player

Fevola is not the answer. We don't need him standing in the square, hands on hips, spewing because his leads are not being honoured or the delivery is no good. We need mids who can kick goals, Kosi, Roo and Walsh are enough tall timber IMO

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Just in case it doesn't come good, should we have a backup plan?
Stanley, Siposs, Johnson, Ferguson?

Joffa 5
Club Player

double post

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Waste of a rookie pick...it's just as likely to backfire as produce the goods, rotten for team morale, and will be gone in a season or two. More upside to an unknown kid, who may last longer and is less likely to be a tool.

On the upside, I'll hear no more whining about picking up hacks?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:Waste of a rookie pick...it's just as likely to backfire as produce the goods, rotten for team morale, and will be gone in a season or two. More upside to an unknown kid, who may last longer and is less likely to be a tool.

I'm not totally against your arguement, but how many of our best 22 last year were ever rookies?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
degruch wrote:Waste of a rookie pick...it's just as likely to backfire as produce the goods, rotten for team morale, and will be gone in a season or two. More upside to an unknown kid, who may last longer and is less likely to be a tool.

I'm not totally against your arguement, but how many of our best 22 last year were ever rookies?
Dawson for one.

markp
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:Edited for accuracy :wink:
markp wrote:Round one vs Freo...

Milne kicks the first goal in the first minute (a given)...

Two minutes later Dal puts it lace out inside 50 to a leading.....Tommy Walsh!!!!! He takes a great contested mark, but quickly handballs it to an open Siposs in the goalsquare who slots it through for a lovely team goal, and is then hugged by Fev. Siposs is reprimanded and fined $5000 by the AFL for interacting with the crowd.
8-)
Had to do it....[/i]
Well, he would be a great get for the CS... and the perfect nemesis for Joffa!

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

St Ick wrote:

Stephen Milne probably slots inside the best 22..

twirlyhair
Club Player

He's going north...way north....

spert
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:Fevola is not the answer. We don't need him standing in the square, hands on hips, spewing because his leads are not being honoured or the delivery is no good. We need mids who can kick goals, Kosi, Roo and Walsh are enough tall timber IMO
We already have a dummy spitter in the forward line, so another wont hurt...

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I'm pretty much 100% sure it is NOT us who has spoken to Fevola's management, because in the article, it says it was the list manager who spoke to Fev's management, and that he was going to relay the coversation on to the coach. And we don't have a coach.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

hungry for a premiership wrote:I'm pretty much 100% sure it is NOT us who has spoken to Fevola's management, because in the article, it says it was the list manager who spoke to Fev's management, and that he was going to relay the coversation on to the coach. And we don't have a coach.
Isn't Harves the current coach?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

From what I read, his manager stated he had spoken to a certain 'list manager' not a coach :shock:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Everyone deserves to screw up repeatedly and still get 80k plus p/a and access to discount chicks and alco-lol right? right? AM I RIGHT?

we might as well give up pretensions of being a football club and just start of the disco again in seaford....

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Nikky Rixon
Club Player

Hell yes hes the best FF in the country, i still blame Sam Newman for the brownlow debacle , he would of geed that nite up for Brendon he would of egged him on nothing was said of Shane Crawfords past pissed performances , who cares if hes a rat bag he can bloody kick a goal and thats what we lack . Membership will go thru the bloody roof

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:He's going north...way north....
Cryptic as in Kangaroos?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Nikky Rixon wrote:Hell yes hes the best FF in the country, i still blame Sam Newman for the brownlow debacle , he would of geed that nite up for Brendon he would of egged him on nothing was said of Shane Crawfords past pissed performances , who cares if hes a rat bag he can bloody kick a goal and thats what we lack . Membership will go thru the bloody roof
LOL. And what about all the other stupid things he's done over the years.

I would be surprised if any club picked him up. Methinks most of the drum beating is...HIMSELF.

suffering from not being in the news.

he's a short term celebrity. He's spent all his money and now might have to work for a living.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Richmond....which I find suprising with Jack in the team

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Nikky Rixon wrote:Hell yes hes the best FF in the country, i still blame Sam Newman for the brownlow debacle , he would of geed that nite up for Brendon he would of egged him on nothing was said of Shane Crawfords past pissed performances , who cares if hes a rat bag he can bloody kick a goal and thats what we lack . Membership will go thru the bloody roof
LOL. And what about all the other stupid things he's done over the years.

I would be surprised if any club picked him up. Methinks most of the drum beating is...HIMSELF.

suffering from not being in the news.

he's a short term celebrity. He's spent all his money and now might have to work for a living.
There were comments recently in another thread referring to sponsorship problems.

Our culture, Duthie, NZ, Footy Show etc. Talk of how St George Bank were cancelling because of it etc. How we have to rely on a Gsmbling Agency to get by etc etc.

Forget fanciful membership predictions. The club simply can't afford to pick up this grenade.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:heard it is hawthorn
They are the main players in Trade week.

They are the ones with a shortage of KPP defenders but keep recruiting forwards...

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.