Pelchen on 3AW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I think he talks weird and doesn't open his mouth properly when he speaks.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

any links to radio?

cheers

“Yeah….nah””
lendog heaven
Club Player

Legendary wrote:The most professional public appearance I have heard from a St Kilda employee for a long time.

He was absolutely direct, answered the questions without waffling but didn't give too much away.

Sounded very in control, relaxed, authoritative and most importantly VERY positive about the club, its list and the people who work for the Saints.

I was mightily impressed.
couldn't agree more- and kept mentioning 'supporters' - liked him

Tramps like us.............
Scoop
Club Player

I must say it amazed me how the nervous nellies, doomsayers and others with agendas on here got so sucked in by all the media hyperbole about the imminent demise of the St Kilda Football Club.

And now Pelchen gets on the radio and says what the club has basically being saying for some time, that everything is under control and suddenly everyone is instantly feeling pretty good about themselves and the club.

I must say that I am rapt that Pelchen is on board....a very smart operator. With Elshaug, Bains, Hutchison et al running the trading/drafting/football operations areas at the moment, I am very relaxed.

.....but I wouldn’t take everything that Pelchen has said as gospel.....not that I am saying he speaks with forked tongue......just that he chooses his words very well.....

The next week and a bit is going to be very interesting......

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

bennymac5 wrote:First time I'm heard him speak and liked what he was saying. Liked how he said he's not the only one at the club. I know it's an obvious thing but I had him pictured as some self obsessed, up himself bloke.
Yeah I had that impession too, now I think he seems like quite a level headed character and not full of hubris at all.

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

bennymac5 wrote:First time I'm heard him speak and liked what he was saying. Liked how he said he's not the only one at the club. I know it's an obvious thing but I had him pictured as some self obsessed, up himself bloke.
Yeah I had that impession too, now I think he seems like quite a level headed character and not full of hubris at all.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:I must say it amazed me how the nervous nellies, doomsayers and others with agendas on here got so sucked in by all the media hyperbole about the imminent demise of the St Kilda Football Club.

And now Pelchen gets on the radio and says what the club has basically being saying for some time, that everything is under control and suddenly everyone is instantly feeling pretty good about themselves and the club.

I must say that I am rapt that Pelchen is on board....a very smart operator. With Elshaug, Bains, Hutchison et al running the trading/drafting/football operations areas at the moment, I am very relaxed.

.....but I wouldn’t take everything that Pelchen has said as gospel.....not that I am saying he speaks with forked tongue......just that he chooses his words very well.....

Bingo!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
savatage
SS Life Member

Scoop wrote:I must say it amazed me how the nervous nellies, doomsayers and others with agendas on here got so sucked in by all the media hyperbole about the imminent demise of the St Kilda Football Club.

Our supporters are generally worry warts & very negative in general. I can understand our history has made a lot like this - but people need to have a little faith....

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

AMEN! Brother! AMEN!!!! Preach me another chapter!!!!!! harry-lew-jar! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintnick12
Club Player

Agree his words are very carefully chosen. Certainly said there is no intention to trade the stars but could not guarantee that - the the headlines say that he said it won't happen....he never actually said that. Was very careful with how he said things. I've only read quotes of his earlier interviews, haven't heard the 3AW one yet. Happy to hear that most think he has come across as professional and articulate and a good representative of our club.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

He sounded like a very good potential acquisition from the very start.
The 3AW interview seems to support that.

I don't know him. Just hope that he is not a control freak.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Amen! Again!!! I say AGAIN!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Amen! Again!!! I say AGAIN!!!!!!!
Setttle down champ I think you've had one too many

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote: Just hope that he is not a control freak.
Might be a little disappointed there!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Junction Oval wrote: Just hope that he is not a control freak.
Might be a little disappointed there!
An inability to get along with Alistair Clarkson is, in itself, not conclusive proof of any character flaw.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He burnt a few bridges at the Hawks by over ruling Kennett on the promise not to trade out any premiership players. He makes hard calls on list management and occasionally gets it wrong,he got rid of some good players with strong Hawks roots in Kennedy and Mc Glynn. He dumped Muston and Dowler who were the equivalent of probably Stanley and Lynch, guys just not quite breaking into the side regularly despite many believing in their potential. He seems to do the job without a lot of sentiment which is a good way to burn bridges inside a sporting club where people get close to each other.

Scoop
Club Player

gringo wrote:He burnt a few bridges at the Hawks by over ruling Kennett on the promise not to trade out any premiership players. He makes hard calls on list management and occasionally gets it wrong,he got rid of some good players with strong Hawks roots in Kennedy and Mc Glynn. He dumped Muston and Dowler who were the equivalent of probably Stanley and Lynch, guys just not quite breaking into the side regularly despite many believing in their potential. He seems to do the job without a lot of sentiment which is a good way to burn bridges inside a sporting club where people get close to each other.
He is just the type of person that we need at the club, IMO.

The trouble with Muston and Dowler, who were more highly rated as u/18s than Stanley and Lynch, is that they had serious injuries at the time of drafting; and copped further injuries at Hawthorn. They never recovered sufficiently to fulfil their potential.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

Re: Pelchen on 3AW

[quote="SaintSimmo"]Said we had outstanding executive team

No stars will be traded. i.e. goddard

Has had talks with Brendan and he said he wants to play out his career at st.kilda

Everything is under control even without a senior coach

We are ready for this trade week

Coach wise – 37 names initially (not interviews), interviewed 6, not “scared of making a decisionâ€

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Parrot_Rosie"][quote="SaintSimmo"]Said we had outstanding executive team

Has had talks with Brendan and he said he wants to play out his career at st.kilda

Coach wise – 37 names initially (not interviews), interviewed 6, not “scared of making a decisionâ€

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

[quote="SaintPav"][quote="Parrot_Rosie"][quote="SaintSimmo"]Said we had outstanding executive team

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Back ON topic;

Can anyone remember what Pelchen got from North in exchange for Jonothan Hay? I thought it was 2 x First Round picks. It might have been 1 x First Round pick. Either way it was as close to theft as you could get !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Back ON topic;

Can anyone remember what Pelchen got from North in exchange for Jonothan Hay? I thought it was 2 x First Round picks. It might have been 1 x First Round pick. Either way it was as close to theft as you could get !!
And a fair bit for Jade Rawlings too.

Trade time is his time.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Judging by Pelchen's choices for past trades I'm hoping he'll weed out the players that haven't pulled their weight.

Why should we have passengers riding on the coat-tails of our hardest workers? We've seen the impact it's had on Lenny and Roo and these blokes cannot continue to do it all...
Chips was asked to be a midfield tagger this year. Please - lets not run him into the ground as well... Saints need blokes who can hold down their position and who don't rely on three other players each time they go near the ball.