Age says coach down to three

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:We don't have the cattle to be a threat next year.

Seriously.
Turnover kings Gilbert and Clarke
Knees ruined Riewoldt
Lost in space Kosi
Old man Hayes

Look, it's not promising.

We basically need a coach who can take us to the bottom for at least 3-4 years, while at the same time keeping it a bit entertaining....as paradoxical as that is. Think of the Watson/Blight era, that was a hoot. PLAPP!!! Tim Elliot, worst ruckman ever. Troy Schwarze!

We need to draft Plapp Mk 2.

There was lots of entertainment to be had from attending games at the dome back in those days, screaming at the disgraceful stkilda peformances.

i was at a game when tim elliot was BOG .... saw his last reserves game out at waverley too......bog there as well...he could play......never given a chance too....imhfo

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

I saw Tim Elliot directly in front with a clear shot at goal, turn around to pass it to a team mate to have a shot but the pass was smothered/intercepted turnover/goal to opposition.

Nah, i was not convinced of Elliot, he is my worst AFL player ever.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

ralphsmith wrote: We basically need a coach who can take us to the bottom for at least 3-4 years.
Footy supporters are becoming more and more fickle. They want instant gratification. 1 year at the bottom -ok. 2 may be just tolerated. Spend 3 -4 years at the bottom and lose 20,000 members, and sponsors fail to renew. Far too risky a strategy.

By the way - what year is the next uncompromised draft ?

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
ralphsmith wrote: We basically need a coach who can take us to the bottom for at least 3-4 years.
Footy supporters are becoming more and more fickle. They want instant gratification. 1 year at the bottom -ok. 2 may be just tolerated. Spend 3 -4 years at the bottom and lose 20,000 members, and sponsors fail to renew. Far too risky a strategy.

Next years draft is normal.

But teams that did GWS and Suns trades have 5 years to use their compo picks.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Rosco
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Zed wrote:

plus it will be without any 17 year olds that are picked up this year via the GWS mini-draft (e.g. jaeger o'meara)

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Zed wrote:

I agree it's very tricky from a business point of view. Finishing bottom 4 for 3 or 4 years will cull our membership below 20,000 imo. Game attendances would plummet. You've just got to get into the habit of being addicted to soul crushing losses like i was in 2000,2001 etc.

But the glory of 2003 when the rise from the ashes began was excitement +++.

Not sure when the next uncompromised draft is. Anyone have any info on that?

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Watters, Hinkley and Richardson will get a second interview, though that doesn't necessarily mean one of them will get the job..the panel may still reconsider some of the other applicants.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Watters, Hinkley and Richardson will get a second interview, though that doesn't necessarily mean one of them will get the job..the panel may still reconsider some of the other applicants.
Don't think that is likely...they will pretty much have their man..this round just to confirm it !! :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:My source says Ayres is still in the mix. Also, we are interested in Fev. :shock:
Ayres would be incompetent lunacy and I hope reports that he is out of the running are fact. Fev on the other hand may be worth a shot.

derby Street
Club Player

spert wrote:Watters, Hinkley and Richardson will get a second interview, though that doesn't necessarily mean one of them will get the job..the panel may still reconsider some of the other applicants.
If it's down to 3 and they then consider / appoint someone else :shock: we are in deep trouble. It beggars belief if this should happen and would go against all sound HR principles.

End Of An Era
Club Player

derby Street wrote:
If it's down to 3 and they then consider / appoint someone else :shock: we are in deep trouble. It beggars belief if this should happen and would go against all sound HR principles.
By your definition, we must be in deep trouble because Ayres was appointed 3 weeks ago. :lol:

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

End Of An Era wrote:
derby Street wrote:
By your definition, we must be in deep trouble because Ayres was appointed 3 weeks ago. :lol:

My suggestion is that after this comment..that all comments or threads from the poster that no longer exists are completely ignored & not responded to in the manner that a prank caller shouldn't be gratified with a response...this will give it the shytes and it will get bored and go an annoy someone else ...worth a try :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
End Of An Era wrote:
derby Street wrote:

My suggestion is that after this comment..that all comments or threads from the poster that no longer exists are completely ignored & not responded to in the manner that a prank caller shouldn't be gratified with a response...this will give it the shytes and it will get bored and go an annoy someone else ...worth a try :roll:
As i said in another thread, the person must be mentally ill or have a personality disorder to continually re-register on forums to troll opposition supporters.

It is an embarrassment to Essendon that their supporters like this bloke come to an oppo forum to continually troll.

As you say ignore the mentally ill poster, it drives him even crazier. Every time it tries to respond to me I ignore it, or if it PM's me I delete it without opening.

it drives him mad and it is a pleasure to turn the tables on the Essendon supporting troll.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
End Of An Era
Club Player

Hey Geoff, I've barracked for St Kilda since the 1971 GF.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
End Of An Era
Club Player

hahahahahahahahahahaha

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lance or James??

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ST KILDA is probably only a day away from naming its new coach.

The Saints will complete a second round of interviews today with the remaining candidates - Ken Hinkley (Gold Coast), Scott Watters (Collingwood) and Alan Richardson (Carlton).

An announcement is expected tomorrow to get the new coach in place before the final flurry of trading, which will be completed on Monday and tipped to be busy for the Saints. Hinkley and Watters, who might come with former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley as an assistant or director of coaching, appear to have favouritism but it is worth noting that media speculation has been wide of the mark with the other coaching appointments for 2012

:lol:

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z1aZZEmSeo

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Rosco wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Zed wrote:

plus it will be without any 17 year olds that are picked up this year via the GWS mini-draft (e.g. jaeger o'meara)
So in other words, next year pick 10 is really picking for the 12th best kid at least (as O'Meara and Crouch are top 10) and depends on whether a compo pick is used as that would push the pick back down the order.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintlee
Club Player

I don't normally pass on this sort of rumour, but there is a bit of talk over on BF that A. Richardson will be appointed senior coach....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:I don't normally pass on this sort of rumour, but there is a bit of talk over on BF that A. Richardson will be appointed senior coach....
Tim Watson on SEN this morning said that he had heard that Richardson had been interviewing realy well.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:I don't normally pass on this sort of rumour, but there is a bit of talk over on BF that A. Richardson will be appointed senior coach....
Yesterday the word on the street was Hinkley.

The day before it was Watters.

I'll just wait for the official announcement I think.

PJ
SS Life Member

Adelaide radio keeps plugging Scott Watters to Port Adelaide IF the coaching possy at saints doesn't come off. It keeps heading the sports news so I'm wondering if Watters isn't a bit hesitant about getting it.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Yesterday the word on the street was Hinkley.

The day before it was Watters.

I'll just wait for the official announcement I think.
Maybe they are going to appoint all 3 of them!!!