Saints running scared on coaching decision, says GT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thefatdork
Club Player

nw7 wrote:Grant Thomas needs to stop commenting on his 2 pet hates, the AFL & Saints. He bagged the club all year for the style Ross Lyon had us play and now he is bagging the club for not signing Ross Lyon. Its a no win situation for the Saints we say black he says white he is still bitter and twisted after all these years. Build a bridge Grant.
Totally agree - it would be great to see/hear something constructive from GT instead of the usual rants and sniping. He doesn't do himself any favours with this sort of crap.
It would have been good to have a coach in place before trade week - but Lying Lyon didn't give us that luxury and would have been foolish to rush things - perhaps this was part of Lyon's planning for Fremantle by shafting one of their rivals :evil:
GO SAINTS - remember "Strength Through Loyalty"

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Teflon wrote:Geez this blokes a disease that managed to eek some form of AFL credibility off the back of coaching our club. Poor Grant reckons we have "indecision" cause......guess what.....he aint running the show!!

What a disgrace to come out publicly, constantly just bagging the club - we ALL know Grant needs a job back in footy for credibility......and smells some saints board strife so he's thinking..."here comes good old Grant to save us"

Ferk off you imbecile - "the saints coaching process" worked just fine last time - infact we actually managed to turn up a coach that got us to a GF and handed you your ass on a platter.

You fat, over blown meglomaniac - Im ashamed we handed you the job so long ago.

Take ure cash you eeked out of us and ferk off.
Be realistic Teffers. Rocket Rod wasn't exactly the best partner in crime for a while either.
True....but Rocket Rod aint out in the media weekly bagging our club for cash.

Fat toad is.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Teflon wrote:Geez this blokes a disease that managed to eek some form of AFL credibility off the back of coaching our club. Poor Grant reckons we have "indecision" cause......guess what.....he aint running the show!!

What a disgrace to come out publicly, constantly just bagging the club - we ALL know Grant needs a job back in footy for credibility......and smells some saints board strife so he's thinking..."here comes good old Grant to save us"

Ferk off you imbecile - "the saints coaching process" worked just fine last time - infact we actually managed to turn up a coach that got us to a GF and handed you your ass on a platter.

Be realistic Teffers. Rocket Rod wasn't exactly the best partner in crime for a while either.

Fat toad is.

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Fat toad is.
Don't pretend we didn't love the soap opera of their on again off again thing. Buttersssss was an eye patch off being a stereo type, Granty was the plain girl he fell for and ran down the family fortune employing her despite her obvious lack a talent. When his family made him end it the malice spilled over into revenge.... ahhh the good old days.

Scoop
Club Player

This latest blathering from that bitter and inconsequential ex-coach....Grant Thomas, who has blithely adapted to the current form of 'journalism' by repeating factoid and then running with it as fact, is another example of what a sad and pathetic figure he has become.

To think that an AFL club would interview 40 people for a head coaching position is ludicrous.....when did they get the time to do it?....... and for someone, who purports to have a modicum of intelligence, to report it as fact and then use it as the basis for a bilious piece about his former club and its managerial incumbents, demonstrates the type of person that he is and also illustrates his shallowness and transparently vexatious raison d'être.

Anyone who takes this man's utterances with any degree of veracity....is a fool!!! However, that does not stop the mainstream media (and some on here) in continuing to report on this man's nonsensical ramblings. It is the archetypical media circular argument.....if you know what I mean??

And as a number of posters have already indicated, Geelong were in a similar position to the Saints last year....and didn't name a coach till after the trade period.....and we all know the result of that appointment!!! Didn't read too much criticism or notice much hand-ringing back then....or accusations of them being "scared" to make a decision.

And then this morning, I was listening to SEN where a discussion ensued regarding Thomas' article..........and that great other ex-coach and media and football analyst Tim Watson, in a throw away line, mentions mismanagement at the club, as a statement of fact but with no facts to back it up. I was so outraged at the manner it was thrown into the conversation, I nearly ran off the road!! (And before you jump in B4E with your “sack the boardâ€

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
savatage
SS Life Member

[quote="Scoop"]This latest blathering from that bitter and inconsequential ex-coach....Grant Thomas, who has blithely adapted to the current form of 'journalism' by repeating factoid and then running with it as fact, is another example of what a sad and pathetic figure he has become.

To think that an AFL club would interview 40 people for a head coaching position is ludicrous.....when did they get the time to do it?....... and for someone, who purports to have a modicum of intelligence, to report it as fact and then use it as the basis for a bilious piece about his former club and its managerial incumbents, demonstrates the type of person that he is and also illustrates his shallowness and transparently vexatious raison d'être.

Anyone who takes this man's utterances with any degree of veracity....is a fool!!! However, that does not stop the mainstream media (and some on here) in continuing to report on this man's nonsensical ramblings. It is the archetypical media circular argument.....if you know what I mean??

And as a number of posters have already indicated, Geelong were in a similar position to the Saints last year....and didn't name a coach till after the trade period.....and we all know the result of that appointment!!! Didn't read too much criticism or notice much hand-ringing back then....or accusations of them being "scared" to make a decision.

And then this morning, I was listening to SEN where a discussion ensued regarding Thomas' article..........and that great other ex-coach and media and football analyst Tim Watson, in a throw away line, mentions mismanagement at the club, as a statement of fact but with no facts to back it up. I was so outraged at the manner it was thrown into the conversation, I nearly ran off the road!! (And before you jump in B4E with your “sack the boardâ€

B_O_N_D_Y

Just to clear things up, there were originally 37 applicants, some the club sought out and others who actually applied. Those 37 were reduced down to the club eventually doing 6 interviews. They have now cut the 6 interviewees down to what I believe is 3 candidates to sit a 2nd interview..

Those interviews are to conducted this week with an announcement to be made I believe somewhere between Thursday and next Tuesday..

From what I have been told the 3 candidates left are Hinkley, Watters and I think Richardson but my source on those is not 100% on the 3rd..

Scott Watters is the man to beat..

Scoop
Club Player

savatage wrote:
You need to post more often Scoop...
I only like to post when I have something to say....and this topic got me going....have had it bottled up for some time....:shock:

......now I will go back into my shell....

.....unless I get some info this week..... :wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
savatage
SS Life Member

Scoop wrote:
savatage wrote:
I only like to post when I have something to say....and this topic got me going....have had it bottled up for some time....:shock:

It's OK - I think the man is a complete FW too...anyways...anything of interest to note, PM me :)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Scott Watters will be appointed coach!

DONE

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Scott Watters will be appointed coach!

DONE
Are you happy about that outcome?

savatage
SS Life Member

Real stab in the dark there!!!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Real stab in the dark there!!!
You have been told!

I know you're a drummer so it might take a bit more time to register!

savatage
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
savatage wrote:Real stab in the dark there!!!
You have been told!

I know you're a drummer so it might take a bit more time to register!
I know you're a drama.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

big grin @ fat toad ... lol

... sensational read scoop , ta.

... surely we'd be asking each prospective coach who he wouldn't need / like to have in the playing group , so it's not like the coach is not involved in trade week.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

brilliant post scoop......brilliant.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Richter
SS Life Member

Scoop wrote:
savatage wrote:

+1. Well said Scoop.

Btw, how do you get the circumflex on the 'e' in 'raison d'etre'?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Scoop
Club Player

Richter wrote:
Btw, how do you get the circumflex on the 'e' in 'raison d'etre'?
I cheated....typed it into Word first... :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

OK enough about the Saints. What’s going on at Collingwood?

Head coach – GONE

Assistant Coaches – GONE

McCarthy – WANTS OUT

Toovey – WANTS OUT

C’mon journos; get onto it!!! :P

philtee
Club Player

Nice rant Scoop.

Typing foreign word accents...using the "Alt" code is easy -
http://french.about.com/od/writing/ss/typeaccents_7.htm

Thén yôù çàn üsë thëm âll ôvèr.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Let's hope GT has enough on his plate to give his raison d'être a rest during trade week and the rest of the coach selection process.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/rift- ... 1lj3k.html

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
savatage
SS Life Member

It seems a trip to Coles would end up in court if GT was involved...

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:It seems a trip to Coles would end up in court if GT was involved...
Blimey, I hope he stays away from Coles. If he went to Coles he'd get sidetracked and start bagging Ian McLeod, the Coles CEO, for being a Director at the St.K.F.C. and on the advisory group to the coach selection panel.

That'd be great, stuck in a check-out queue, while GT ranted to some poor check-out kiddie about McLeod being too frightened to make a decision on the coach.

Would almost make punters answering mobile phone calls at the front of the check-out queue seem like fun.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Scott Watters will be appointed coach!

DONE
Cool , Can you be a pet and give Hinkley and Richardson a call and tell them not to bother coming in for 2nd interviews tomorrow?

Dont want them wasting the petrol with a new carbon tax do we.

savatage
SS Life Member

The OtherThommo wrote:
savatage wrote:It seems a trip to Coles would end up in court if GT was involved...
That'd be great, stuck in a check-out queue, while GT ranted to some poor check-out kiddie about McLeod being too frightened to make a decision on the coach.
Or the produce....