down to two

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saint.wendy wrote:Not trying to claim i know anything or think that i do, but I am happy with the outcome if watters and hinkley are our last two men. Think we went through the processes with interviewing the likes of ayres and eade and all the other jokers, none of which have proven anything at afl level, they have experience but they have never made it. Would have been disappointed and seen it as a slightly weak if not boring decision to pick up a has been coach. Excited by the prospect of finding the new "Malthouse" genius coach and just from the slight coverage that I have seen from watters and hinkley I like what they are about. Instills a little bit of confidence regarding the board and nettlefold, feel like they are carrying things out with a bit purpose and not bowing to pressure or perceptions.
Nice sensible and articulate first post..welcome Wendy 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
saint.wendy wrote:Not trying to claim i know anything or think that i do, but I am happy with the outcome if watters and hinkley are our last two men. Think we went through the processes with interviewing the likes of ayres and eade and all the other jokers, none of which have proven anything at afl level, they have experience but they have never made it. Would have been disappointed and seen it as a slightly weak if not boring decision to pick up a has been coach. Excited by the prospect of finding the new "Malthouse" genius coach and just from the slight coverage that I have seen from watters and hinkley I like what they are about. Instills a little bit of confidence regarding the board and nettlefold, feel like they are carrying things out with a bit purpose and not bowing to pressure or perceptions.
Nice sensible and articulate first post..welcome Wendy 8-)
very much so,

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint.wendy wrote:Instills a little bit of confidence regarding the board and nettlefold, feel like they are carrying things out with a bit purpose and not bowing to pressure or perceptions.

"We will decide who comes to this club and
the circumstances in which they come."

:D

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Still reckon Ayres might be in there in a mentoring capacity..with one of the young guns as head coach..time will tell :wink:
Ayres would make a great mentor to an aspiring VFL coach. He hasn't been a senior AFL coach since 2004. It's like travelling down the road in a horse and buggy the game has changed so much.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Still reckon Ayres might be in there in a mentoring capacity..with one of the young guns as head coach..time will tell :wink:
Ayres would make a great mentor to an aspiring VFL coach. He hasn't been a senior AFL coach since 2004. It's like travelling down the road in a horse and buggy the game has changed so much.
Take it you are being sarcastic there Pav..still reckon he would have a lot to offer having coached at the highest level[Geelong and Adelaide] and currently at one level down with Port Melbourne with considerable success as well..tactically one of the 3 former assistants in the running for the main gig will have a pretty good handle on tactics,game styles ect ...

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Take it you are being sarcastic there Pav..still reckon he would have a lot to offer having coached at the highest level[Geelong and Adelaide] and currently at one level down with Port Melbourne with considerable success as well..tactically one of the 3 former assistants in the running for the main gig will have a pretty good handle on tactics,game styles ect ...
I'm not saying that Ayres doesn't have anything to offer just that he hasn't go anything to offer us given that he hasn't worked at an AFL club for three years.

I reckon we interviewed him to get a mix of expirence and asisstants in the pool given that Eade had pulled out. It's just my opinion.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

may the best coach win!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saint patrick wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I'm not saying that Ayres doesn't have anything to offer just that he hasn't go anything to offer us given that he hasn't worked at an AFL club for three years.

I reckon we interviewed him to get a mix of expirence and asisstants in the pool given that Eade had pulled out. It's just my opinion.
And you are entitled to it mate :wink:
Last edited by saint patrick on Mon 10 Oct 2011 9:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saint.wendy wrote:Instills a little bit of confidence regarding the board and nettlefold, feel like they are carrying things out with a bit purpose and not bowing to pressure or perceptions.

"We will decide who comes to this club and
the circumstances in which they come."

:D
Ilike the sound of that comment

I love this club
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The mix of a young gun, with an experienced back-up, who could control his ego (difficult in AFL) sounded good to me initially, particularly with the enormous amount of change occuring within the Football Department.

All of the young guns will have the "footy smarts," but how good are their "people management" skills? I am confident that there are are couple of people on the Coaching Panel, who are very good at assessing these areas.

defacto
Club Player

i'm still hoping for:

Senior Coach: Scott Waters
Backline Assistant Coach: Max Hudgton
Midfield Assistant Coach: Robert Harvey
Forward Assistant Coach: dunno

Combined role of Senior Assistant Coach/VFL Coach: Peter German

I think we need to bring in some ex players to help with develop ala what rocca and max were doing at collingwood

savatage
SS Life Member

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Hinkley the frontrunner :shock: