Rose Coloured Glasses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
markinUSA wrote:Someone talked about being shattered when Plugger left.
I just didn't believe it.
Couldn't believe it.
Until it was official, and he was presented in a Swans jumper.
It's a team game, but he was my hero till then.
And then, honestly, a little part of me died that day.

as it did for me when big carl left under the ten year rule...and ian stewart was traded for reason i won't go into.....or russell green given away for two used frangas....hurt by the s*** decision on big val perovic as well....

...but ditterich and plugger were the two that hurt the most...like losing family actually..... :cry:

too many given away for nothing....that has to change....
All to pay off the crippling debt on the grandstand at Moorabbin.

Selling players for cash in order to survive is hugely responsible for the club's poor on field performance during the late 70's & entire 80's.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

sainter35 wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Err...Just a qusetion, Why aren't GEELONG in this sort of strife :?
Because they let one G Ablett go to GWS thus freeing up plenty of $$$$
And in 2009?

And in 2010?
It was well reported that all their players signed on for less than market value contracts so they could all stay together.
And our players haven't?
That question should be rhetorical.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Err...Just a qusetion, Why aren't GEELONG in this sort of strife :?
Because they let one G Ablett go to GWS thus freeing up plenty of $$$$
And in 2009?

And in 2010?
It was well reported that all their players signed on for less than market value contracts so they could all stay together.
And our players haven't?
They havent because we havent won anything. Why would they? Anyway this is actually pathetic by the club to be in this position and it is obviously true as it wasnt denied by us. The question is how dumb was our list manager for getting the clun iinto this position where we are going to have to trade evn if we dont want to. pathetic and i usually stick up for the club but surely no one can in this case.

faircatfan
Club Player

I think Brian Cook has been reported as saying many Cats players are playing for the club under what they could get elsewhere.

jackson browne
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

our players have been led by a mercenary for the last five years.
bound to have an effect on some - get what you can, while you can.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dragit
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:
I think Brian Cook has been reported as saying many Cats players are playing for the club under what they could get elsewhere.
The top ten players from most clubs could get more money if they went to market surely?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rose Coloured Glasses

End Of An Era wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:For all the (supposed) Saints fans here who dont believe we have salary cap issues and think that all journalists just make sh1t up, take off your rose coloured glasses FFS.

The sooner you all do this and accept that there will be changes next year and we may well be without one or two big names as a result of trading to reduce salary cap pressure, then the sooner we can ALL move on and support the club and its players (whoever they may be) in a manner in which they deserve.

Whilst I agree that some journos are knobs and some cant spell properly most of their articles are generally not far off the mark.

And for those who will invariably abuse the board and administration for getting us into the situation where we have had to trade as a result of salary cap pressure, it's all part of the cyclical change that is inevitable after a sustained period of success and not the making of the club's management.

Join with me in being excited about impending change at the club and the exciting new period which will no doubt follow, for we all know that the only constant in life is change. Dont resist it, EMBRACE it!!
Are you NeXus_Helen??? :shock: :lol:
I couldn't have said it better myself. :shock: :shock:
You're a funny old mole hell en'

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Ross Coloured Glasses :)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

when this guy pelchen and the new coach get stuck into the task it won't be rose coloured specs we'll be wearing! How does that song go? oh yeah I remember.."the futures so bright I gotta wear shades"! 8-)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)