Pelchen on 3AW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Pelchen on 3AW

Said we had outstanding executive team

No stars will be traded. i.e. goddard

Has had talks with Brendan and he said he wants to play out his career at st.kilda

Everything is under control even without a senior coach

We are ready for this trade week

Coach wise – 37 names initially (not interviews), interviewed 6, not “scared of making a decisionâ€

Sainter for life.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pelchen on 3AW

[quote="SaintSimmo"]Said we had outstanding executive team

Has had talks with Brendan and he said he wants to play out his career at st.kilda

Coach wise – 37 names initially (not interviews), interviewed 6, not “scared of making a decisionâ€

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
kaos theory
Club Player

Spoke well, imo. Clear to the point and handled all the 'issues' and rumours.

Also stated salary cap issues were due to club's successes over recent yrs and is now going through a re-modeling to better set us up for the future. Will NOT be trading any stars, seem to imply some minor players may be traded...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

[quote="SaintPav"][quote="SaintSimmo"]Said we had outstanding executive team

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

he will also be on sen at 7:20, so if anyone happens to hear it please post what he says on here :D

Sainter for life.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I really like the sound of this geeza called Pelchen. Sound like a real pro. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:I really like the sound of this geeza called Pelchen. Sound like a real pro. :D
Last edited by SaintSimmo on Mon 10 Oct 2011 6:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter for life.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I really like the sound of this geeza called Pelchen. Sound like a real pro. :D
+1

Spoke really well & said all the right things.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saw him on the news, spoke well, had about 6 saints polo's in tow.

bennymac5
Club Player

First time I'm heard him speak and liked what he was saying. Liked how he said he's not the only one at the club. I know it's an obvious thing but I had him pictured as some self obsessed, up himself bloke.

bennymac5
Club Player

Also intersesting we only interviewed 6.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bennymac5 wrote:Also intersesting we only interviewed 6.
Interesting?

Nup.

6 is a lot for any job.

Most jobs they prob only interview 3 or 4. Ten was an over the top media BS number.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

[quote="SaintPav"][quote="SaintSimmo"]Said we had outstanding executive team

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I have not heard him speak but it is good to hear a positive post about him, sounds good, not like some of the other rubbish being posted about the club falling apart.

I love this club
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
I have not heard him speak but it is good to hear a positive post about him, sounds good, not like some of the other rubbish being posted about the club falling apart.
There just might be people at the club who actually know what they're doing..

The post Lyin era might be a good one...long way to go though...

tight salary cap...
$1.5 Mil loss forthcoming..
Sponsors leaving...

At least it's all football related

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Legendary
Club Player

The most professional public appearance I have heard from a St Kilda employee for a long time.

He was absolutely direct, answered the questions without waffling but didn't give too much away.

Sounded very in control, relaxed, authoritative and most importantly VERY positive about the club, its list and the people who work for the Saints.

I was mightily impressed.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Legendary wrote:The most professional public appearance I have heard from a St Kilda employee for a long time.

He was absolutely direct, answered the questions without waffling but didn't give too much away.

Sounded very in control, relaxed, authoritative and most importantly VERY positive about the club, its list and the people who work for the Saints.

+1 - I like him.... I like him a LOT

bennymac5
Club Player

[quote="saintspremiers"][quote="bennymac5"]Also intersesting we only interviewed 6.[/quote]

Interesting?

Nup.

6 is a lot for any job.

Most jobs they prob only interview 3 or 4. Ten was an over the top media BS number.[/quote]I mean intersesting by the way some thought we had interviewed many more.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes it will be good when we have a senior coach appointed and he and Pelchen get to work! I'm excited :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Saints94
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:Yes it will be good when we have a senior coach appointed and he and Pelchen get to work! I'm excited :D
+1

stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/sain ... 1lgkj.html

"Saints: cap is tight, but stars will stay
Will Brodie
October 10, 2011 - 11:11AM
Ads by Google
RaboDirect Super Funds

RaboDirect.com.au/Super_Funds

Want The Highest Rate For Your Super? RaboDirect. Apply Online Now
Farren Ray and Zac Dawson have played in three grand finals for St Kilda.

Farren Ray and Zac Dawson have played in three grand finals for St Kilda. Photo: Sebastian Costanzo

St Kilda football supremo Chris Pelchen is at pains to reassure Saints fans that he is not about to offload any of the club's biggest stars in trade week, which commenced this morning at 10am.

Pelchen admitted to Trade Week Radio that St Kilda's salary cap position was "strained" and "delicate", but denied big names such as Brendon Goddard woul be traded to ease the squeeze.

"I say to our supporters and to the industry as a whole … that it is not our intention to trade any of those big name players out.

"Obviously we need some flexibility in terms of what we do with our TPP (Total Player Payments) going forward, but I wouldn't say to Saints fans that we are expecting to trade out a big name. Not at this stage, I wouldn’t expect that to happen."

Pelchen says his club would "certainly like to be active" during trade week, saying there will be a number of changes to the Saints list this week.

"I don't want to point at any particular part of our list to be fair to all players. But it’s fair to say that we do have to make changes to our TPP position, but there’s a number of ways to do that.

"That might be a number of players that have to moved it might be a specific player that’s moved or a combination of – really at the moment we’re open-minded on which direction that will be."

Ray and Dawson

Marty Pask, manager of out-of-contract Saints Farren Ray and Zac Dawson, says he is "a little uncertain about what’s going to happen" this week, and he has prepared his charges, both of whom have already changed clubs once, for the possibility they may have to again move.

"It's a frustrating time … there is no doubt that Farren wants to stay at St Kilda and that St Kilda wants to keep him. I suppose at the moment we’re putting our faith in the football club to help make that possible."

He said the Saints had been "open and up-front" about negotiations with his clients, but they had to face the possibility they may soon have a new club.

"I think now (more) than ever you’ve got to look after yourself … sports become a business, particularly AFL football. You’ve got to manage it the best way possible that you can to make sure you maximise your opportunities.

"Now the power is going back to the player himself and I think it’s very important that the player looks after his future in this key week."

Pelchen agreed that the club would prefer to retain Ray and Dawson.

"We are continuing our negotiations with their managers as recently as over the weekend. I wouldn’t say negotiations have broken down by any means.

"At the same time, negotiations are two ways - they’ve got their expectations, we’ve got our limitations and we’re just working within both."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Scoop
Club Player

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
Legendary wrote:The most professional public appearance I have heard from a St Kilda employee for a long time.

+2

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Scoop
Club Player

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:

+2

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He does seem to be a calm character, very timely.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:He does seem to be a calm character, very timely.
Loved his calm, diplomatic response to the issue of GT's comments :)