down to two

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Watters and Richardson. Anyone could work that out. Is this the same source as you had when RL signed for 4 years. Lets face it, its a guess and a pretty good one.
were you born a c*** or just became one as your life dragged on and st kilda wore away at you?
I have a feeling he was born that way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Watters and Richardson. Anyone could work that out. Is this the same source as you had when RL signed for 4 years. Lets face it, its a guess and a pretty good one.
were you born a c*** or just became one as your life dragged on and st kilda wore away at you?

my source is good brother man. The board was shocked with rosscoe's decision...you cannot ping that one on me. nobody knew including his management!

there are very clear differences between this process and that defection
My guess is if your source is that good then you shouldnt be posting it on here. My guess is he wouldnt want that. On the other hand if it is a guess as the RL one turned out to be then by all means go for it. And thanks for the compliment. Means a lot coming from you.

Plugger If you had actually bothered to read the media the club was indeed giving Lyon a new 4 year deal and was under the assumption that he was staying.. Both MC and myself had this info his source different to mine. Club was very surprised of what happened with Lyon.

Board and those associated believed it a done deal.

Doesn't mean MC is wrong about this!
Yep true but it doesnt mean he had a source either. I could have said that as well and then used your excuse. I know only one thing and that is RL isnt coaching us next year. Now we have Hinkley and Watters mentioned. 2 obvious names even though I think Richardson is the only one in with Watters. Again not hard to say. Chances are you will be close to right. Does it mean you have a source. Not really.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
I'm on the right track baby I was born this way.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
Natural talent will only get you so far, he has a doctorate…

Buckets
SS Life Member

Plugger fact is that the club believed Lyon was staying both MC and myself had stated as such during the day, esp with the belief of a press conference to be held.

History shows this wasn't the case. Doesn't mean we were making things up!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Plugger fact is that the club believed Lyon was staying both MC and myself had stated as such during the day, esp with the belief of a press conference to be held.

Don't worry if it wasn't that he would bring up some out of context line you used and claim your arguing with yourself when you become too convincing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Buckets wrote:Plugger fact is that the club believed Lyon was staying both MC and myself had stated as such during the day, esp with the belief of a press conference to be held.

Don't worry if it wasn't that he would bring up some out of context line you used and claim your arguing with yourself when you become too convincing.
Maybe I would with Buckets. Havent had much to do with him. i do know when discussing things with you i dont need to bring up things out of context as you are far to easy. Matter of fact way to easy. Now run away and try and learn something.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Still making friends eh....just dismissing anything anyone's got to say....that you don't want to believe.....

Maybe he has 'friends' too....he might even have their numbers....

Maybe he is dead right, how can you definitively say otherwise....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So Garry Ayres isn't in the mix? I can't belive Garry Ayres isn't in the mix :shock:
Last edited by SaintPav on Mon 10 Oct 2011 7:39pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:So Garry Ayres isn't in the mix? I can't Garry Ayres isn't in the mix :shock:
And the announcement may not even be on a Friday :P

jays
Club Player

hope so

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:So Garry Ayres isn't in the mix? I can't Garry Ayres isn't in the mix :shock:
really? :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Still making friends eh....just dismissing anything anyone's got to say....that you don't want to believe.....

Maybe he has 'friends' too....he might even have their numbers....

Maybe he is dead right, how can you definitively say otherwise....
I didnt. And I dont need anymore friends just as you dont need one.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Nah… it's all just an elaborate ruse…

Ayres to be appointed this friday, we're just throwing everyone off the trail. Doug Hawkins to be his right-hand man.

noob
Club Player

Who said it could be Watters? Could even been Richardson and Hinkley? No one knows

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

My gut feel from the start has been that Watters is the man..if Richarson or Hinkley beat him to it by perfoming better in their presentations and psych testing all power to them...reckon we may know as early as Thursday ..
Can't wait to hear the official word !!! :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Ayres to be appointed this friday, we're just throwing everyone off the trail. Doug Hawkins to be his right-hand man.
thank god.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
dragit wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

thank god.
I have heard from impeccable sources that both Nettlefold and Ayres have drunk a cup of coffee over the last 7 days.

Join the dots people :P

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
dragit wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

thank god.
I have heard from impeccable sources that both Nettlefold and Ayres have drunk a cup of coffee over the last 7 days.

Yeh they probably did..about 6 days ago..coffees gone cold :wink:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

noob wrote:Who said it could be Watters? Could even been Richardson and Hinkley? No one knows
Off course it could be - I posted Watters and Richardson on a short list of about 5 potential coaches on day one (15 Sept) - never quoted a source :shock:
So many have inside info, yet often different outcomes......

Still reckon even now, it could be out of Watters and Richardson.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Well, we'll all know who was right and who was wrong some time in the next 5-8 days. Until I hear it OFFICIALLY I will be treating everything as if it is Hutchy/Barrett made up speculation !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
dragit wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

thank god.

Yeh they probably did..about 6 days ago..coffees gone cold :wink:
According to my sources, Ayres had his short black on Thursday while Nettlefold was seen partaking of a latte this morning. :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Well, we'll all know who was right and who was wrong some time in the next 5-8 days. Until I hear it OFFICIALLY I will be treating everything as if it is Hutchy/Barrett made up speculation !!
And it could still be a roughie.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Still reckon Ayres might be in there in a mentoring capacity..with one of the young guns as head coach..time will tell :wink:

saint.wendy

Not trying to claim i know anything or think that i do, but I am happy with the outcome if watters and hinkley are our last two men. Think we went through the processes with interviewing the likes of ayres and eade and all the other jokers, none of which have proven anything at afl level, they have experience but they have never made it. Would have been disappointed and seen it as a slightly weak if not boring decision to pick up a has been coach. Excited by the prospect of finding the new "Malthouse" genius coach and just from the slight coverage that I have seen from watters and hinkley I like what they are about. Instills a little bit of confidence regarding the board and nettlefold, feel like they are carrying things out with a bit purpose and not bowing to pressure or perceptions.