St Kilda has Gary Ayres in mix

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Scollop wrote:Speaking of Rossco...it's quite interesting to hear his new spiel;

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
"Lyon built a track record of recycling mature-age AFL players during his five seasons as St Kilda coach, but he said it was not a strategy that would necessarily be transferred to Fremantle."
One thing about Lyon I did learn over time.......he speaks in riddles and can often say 1 thing and do the opposite. I often heard Ross talk bout " we want to play fast, attacking aggressive footy........" only to then front up to a game and watch us kick 3 goals and pot the ball back/sideways anyways but attacking......

Is a master at it Lyon and leopards dont change their spots. Hes a "now" coach...that wont change. Sure, he'll draft a kid or 2....but freo can expect an increase in recycled players cause thats what Ross does. He's not going to morph into "development hands on coach" anytime soon IMO.

Lets just hope it fails. Yes thats nasty, so what.
yep he'll continue to get recycled players but not do as good a job at it as Harvey

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Where's that stalking dead sh!t End of an Era?

Ayres is no longer in the mix you flog. Funny about that. :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a deluded wanker. He really is a sad person. :twisted:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

I reckon the last few remaining would be:
Watters
Richardson
Gavin Brown or Harvs

Sainter for life.
andolater

SaintPav wrote:Where's that stalking dead sh!t End of an Era?

How come so many people on this forum ( the above quoted post highlighting my point ) write posts reminiscent of uneducated filth who can only debate others points by verbal or written barrage?

I would have thought Ayres was still in the mix and it might be a few days to soon to be declaring a win for yourself.

The rumour of Ayres being out of contention could be true, but he may still become our new coach.

Its not done until its done andI highly doubt anybody on this forum has a legitimate link and inside information to anything about the Saints and its appointments. Educated guesses sure, but legitimate information a snow flakes chance in hell I would think.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Scollop wrote:Speaking of Rossco...it's quite interesting to hear his new spiel;

"Lyon built a track record of recycling mature-age AFL players during his five seasons as St Kilda coach, but he said it was not a strategy that would necessarily be transferred to Fremantle."
One thing about Lyon I did learn over time.......he speaks in riddles and can often say 1 thing and do the opposite. .
Exactly right. He's a liar and knows only one way. You watch him impliment the same game plan and strategies over there
I have a feeling he has a touch of the control freak and his untenable situation at Stkilda involved Pelchen having a say in football matters. He is being kept on a short leash over there and things will get ugly. Hope he trades out a few big names that don't perform early and sees a club with limited success freak out.

End Of An Era
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Teflon wrote:
What would be dissapointing is to hear the decision was made some time ago and weve just been through a few weeks "media massaging" for Ayres to be warmed into the role. IF that was occuring ...thats a whole new problem.
Agree completely with this.

Had enough of that BS with Thomas a decade ago.
Hi Geoff, well you better get used to it becuase as I've been saying now for over 3 weeks, Gary Ayres is a done deal. I would have preferred Robert Harvey!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

andolater wrote:

How come so many people on this forum ( the above quoted post highlighting my point ) write posts reminiscent of uneducated filth who can only debate others points by verbal or written barrage?

I would have thought Ayres was still in the mix and it might be a few days to soon to be declaring a win for yourself.

The rumour of Ayres being out of contention could be true, but he may still become our new coach.

Its not done until its done andI highly doubt anybody on this forum has a legitimate link and inside information to anything about the Saints and its appointments. Educated guesses sure, but legitimate information a snow flakes chance in hell I would think.
Becuase he is a troll (ie not a St Kilda supporter) who has been stalking this board and Bigfooty for ages. He claims that he has inside knowledge when he has none.

Education has nothing to do with it but knowledge of the situation does so get your facts right Mr five posts. Now go back to writing your uselss thesis which no one is going to read or gives a crap about.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 09 Oct 2011 2:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

End Of An Era wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Teflon wrote:
What would be dissapointing is to hear the decision was made some time ago and weve just been through a few weeks "media massaging" for Ayres to be warmed into the role. IF that was occuring ...thats a whole new problem.

Hi Geoff, well you better get used to it becuase as I've been saying now for over 3 weeks, Gary Ayres is a done deal. I would have preferred Robert Harvey!!
Can you please promise to stop posting if Ayres is not selected as senior coach?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

End Of An Era wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Teflon wrote:

we'll see. If so its a farce.
If bot true youd best change nic.

“Yeah….nah””
andolater

SaintPav wrote:
andolater wrote:

Becuase he is a troll (ie not a St Kilda supporter) who has been stalking this board and Bigfooty for ages. He claims that he has inside knowledge when he has none.

Education has nothing to do with it but knowledge of the situation does so get your facts right Mr five posts. Now go back to writing your uselss thesis which no one is going to read or gives a crap about.
Quantity of posts has no bearing on releveance or my qualifications to comment on an open forum.

You are well within your right to wtite like a moron who only attacks people from behind a keyboard. It is clearly humerous to you.

Seeing as you are so sure you know whats going on maybe you should hold a press conference and tell all the Saints supporters who the coach is going to be, when they will be appointed, who they are going to delist and who they are targetting.

Put it in writing so you can then be the one that claims they told everyone so. If you are right then we will happily take what you write as gospel and place some sure thing bets such matters in the future.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

andolater wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
andolater wrote:

Quantity of posts has no bearing on releveance or my qualifications to comment on an open forum.

You are well within your right to wtite like a moron who only attacks people from behind a keyboard. It is clearly humerous to you.

Seeing as you are so sure you know whats going on maybe you should hold a press conference and tell all the Saints supporters who the coach is going to be, when they will be appointed, who they are going to delist and who they are targetting.

Put it in writing so you can then be the one that claims they told everyone so. If you are right then we will happily take what you write as gospel and place some sure thing bets such matters in the future.
Thanks for that andolater, you seem like a real blast.
EndOfAnEra has a long history here under many guises.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

andolater wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
andolater wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about. As a Johnny come lately, It might help if you used your brain before you post. Welcome to Saintsational.

PS: I think it's pretty safe to assume that Garry Ayres will not be coaching St Kilda next year, that much I do know.

Rosco
Club Player

Former Geelong and Adelaide coach Gary Ayres has been told he is out of the running for the vacant St Kilda senior coaching position, with the list of candidates having been cut from 40 to 10, the Herald Sun reports.
don't know if there's any basis to it, "the Herald Sun reports", i love how one media outlet quotes another

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Former Geelong and Adelaide coach Gary Ayres has been told he is out of the running for the vacant St Kilda senior coaching position, with the list of candidates having been cut from 40 to 10, the Herald Sun reports.
don't know if there's any basis to it, "the Herald Sun reports", i love how one media outlet quotes another

eheheh the tv news had it that Ayres withdrew... - word games.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
andolater wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
andolater wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about. As a Johnny come lately, It might help if you used your brain before you post. Welcome to Saintsational.

PS: I think it's pretty safe to assume that Garry Ayres will not be coaching St Kilda next year, that much I do know.

I remember reading three days of thanks Ross, great your staying yada yada, blah blah blah

When I said he was going three days before he finally announced it!

From memory PAV you were one of the MANY who was posting stuff about how great it is that he is staying!

Oh the irony!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Rosco wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

eheheh the tv news had it that Ayres withdrew... - word games.
which news Bratty? - has this been confirmed?

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
andolater wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
andolater wrote:

I remember reading three days of thanks Ross, great your staying yada yada, blah blah blah

When I said he was going three days before he finally announced it!

From memory PAV you were one of the MANY who was posting stuff about how great it is that he is staying!

Oh the irony!
You are WRONG and like usual you have no idea. I said it wasn't a done deal and that he could still leave to a very big offer. Like most normal people I wanted him to stay and wasn't happy with what happened.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

"Collingwood assistant coach Scott Watters is considered a strong chance to win the job, with Gold Coast assistant Ken Hinkley also believed to be in the running. Port Melbourne premiership coach Gary Ayres fell at the second round of interviews."

thank god for that

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:"Collingwood assistant coach Scott Watters is considered a strong chance to win the job, with Gold Coast assistant Ken Hinkley also believed to be in the running. Port Melbourne premiership coach Gary Ayres fell at the second round of interviews."

thank god for that
dodged a bullet there.....

“Yeah….nah””
End Of An Era
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
stinger wrote:"Collingwood assistant coach Scott Watters is considered a strong chance to win the job, with Gold Coast assistant Ken Hinkley also believed to be in the running. Port Melbourne premiership coach Gary Ayres fell at the second round of interviews."

thank god for that
I'm truly amazed at all the abuse coming my way when all I've done is relay information that I have been given regarding Gary Ayres. After that article that said Ayres is out of the race, I checked with my sources again. They said that article was bulls*** and that Ayres was given the nod over 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed since.

If you guys on here don't want to believe me then that's fine by me. Time will tell!!!

End Of An Era
Club Player

Take a chill pill Pav. :lol:

noob
Club Player

3 weeks ago we just sacked a coach how can we already have a replacement. Your mates are twisting your leg.

End Of An Era
Club Player

noob wrote:3 weeks ago we just sacked a coach how can we already have a replacement. Your mates are twisting your leg.
Sacked??????????? :shock: :roll: :D :lol:

saintlee
Club Player

End Of An Era wrote:
Teflon wrote:

thank god for that
I'm truly amazed at all the abuse coming my way when all I've done is relay information that I have been given regarding Gary Ayres. After that article that said Ayres is out of the race, I checked with my sources again. They said that article was bulls*** and that Ayres was given the nod over 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed since.

If you guys on here don't want to believe me then that's fine by me. Time will tell!!!
Mate let it go. Aryes didn't even make the short-list, he certainly isn't going to be appointed.

End Of An Era
Club Player

saintlee wrote:
End Of An Era wrote:
Teflon wrote:

thank god for that

Mate let it go. Aryes didn't even make the short-list, he certainly isn't going to be appointed.
Ok....