Coach interviews to be held on Thursday and Friday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Shane Warne should throw his hat in the ring. He's a passionate Saints man and has a keen eye for talent. Eric Bana could be his assistant along with robert Harvey

Another opportunity awaits!
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:Ive heard Hinkley is out. Will confirm.
Kim Hagdorn has run with it in the high quality SportsNewsFirst where they are never wrong..... oh i mean never right
:wink: :wink:

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... -st-kilda/
Speculation is also raging through AFL circles that Gold Coast assistant and former Geelong defensive star Ken Hinkley has also pulled out of the Saints coaching race.

Hinkley, 45, instead appears to have committed to continue his senior assistant’s role under Suns head-coach Guy McKenna.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Kim Hagdorn has run with it in the high quality SportsNewsFirst where they are never wrong..... oh i mean never right

Speculation is also raging through AFL circles that Gold Coast assistant and former Geelong defensive star Ken Hinkley has also pulled out of the Saints coaching race.

Hinkley, 45, instead appears to have committed to continue his senior assistant’s role under Suns head-coach Guy McKenna.
He'll have to snag one at some stage :P

Saints94
SS Life Member

stkildathunda wrote:

So whos left in the race its Watters all the way for me :)

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

haha you'd think but highly unlikely!! :P

Saints94
SS Life Member

stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

Does anyone know why he pulled out :?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

he found out nixon had already gone there

SunburySaint
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

Practising safe sex :P

Seriously, who knows probably didn't want to take a pay cut?

Now lives in Geelong...
saintlee
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

I don't think he has. No reputable source has confirmed this.

SunburySaint
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

he found out nixon had already gone there
Damn beat me too it... Damn iPhone

Now lives in Geelong...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

surf is up in burleigh today.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Better he walk out on the club now, than wait until halfway through the season again.

ThePunter
Club Player

Saints Footy is reporting that the four candidates to be interviewed are Tudor, Watters, Richardson and Ayres. Also the source stated that Max Hudghton and Stewart Loewe are chances to become assistant coaches.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like our job is really popular. And as much as i like Loewe what has he dont for 7 years. Played at Haileybury and coached the school side. Hardly great for AFL footy. And where is harvs?

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Sounds like our job is really popular. And as much as i like Loewe what has he dont for 7 years. Played at Haileybury and coached the school side. Hardly great for AFL footy. And where is harvs?
According to News first Harvs is just goin through the process just for the experience and will stay on as assistant

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Saints Footy is reporting that the four candidates to be interviewed are Tudor, Watters, Richardson and Ayres. Also the source stated that Max Hudghton and Stewart Loewe are chances to become assistant coaches.
No offence The Punter, but Saints Footy would have no more credibility than SportsNewsFirst, probably less.

Suffice to say, we will get some type of coach, one day :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
ThePunter wrote:Saints Footy is reporting that the four candidates to be interviewed are Tudor, Watters, Richardson and Ayres. Also the source stated that Max Hudghton and Stewart Loewe are chances to become assistant coaches.
No offence The Punter, but Saints Footy would have no more credibility than SportsNewsFirst, probably less.

Id say less... If thats possible at all....

Saints94
SS Life Member

stkildathunda wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Id say less... If thats possible at all....
Until it goes on Superfooty thats when i will believe it :shock:

spert
Saintsational Legend

I have it on good authority from a reliable source, that the coach will be either a current assistant coach from one of the 16 AFL clubs, or an ex coach from AFL or VFL ranks, or someone from left-field with no coaching experience. My source also says that an announcement will be made once they have selected someone. The source also said that some players will be recruited, and some delisted or traded. I'll let you know when I get more information..

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I have it on good authority from a reliable source, that the coach will be either a current assistant coach from one of the 16 AFL clubs, or an ex coach from AFL or VFL ranks, or someone from left-field with no coaching experience. My source also says that an announcement will be made once they have selected someone. The source also said that some players will be recruited, and some delisted or traded. I'll let you know when I get more information..
how helpful

Joffa 5
Club Player

spert wrote:I have it on good authority from a reliable source, that the coach will be either a current assistant coach from one of the 16 AFL clubs, or an ex coach from AFL or VFL ranks, or someone from left-field with no coaching experience. My source also says that an announcement will be made once they have selected someone. The source also said that some players will be recruited, and some delisted or traded. I'll let you know when I get more information..
Does your source reside in Canberra by any chance? Or fly there for cabinet meetings? :wink:

Saints94
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
how helpful
+1

ThePunter
Club Player

I just wanted to post it on here. Considering the major media outlets, who can decide what is crap and what is legit any more? Just put everything in a thread, and let people judge themselves.

No offence taken.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:I just wanted to post it on here. Considering the major media outlets, who can decide what is crap and what is legit any more? Just put everything in a thread, and let people judge themselves.

No offence taken.
Never a truer word spoken (or blogged)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Ayers interviewed tonight, possibly for a "mentor" role.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"