Lyon pinches Sumich

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Fair enough Bernard. I've also read posts on here suggesting very favorable times from Port Melbourne and Brighton to Seaford.

I lived within walking distance of Arden Street for about 6 years so I know the area very well. I was living there when we played at VFL Park so I also know the commute very well.

And if I did that every day I would regard it as a bit of a hike regardless of what the stopwatch shows.
No City Link Tunnels then Doc, a very different commute now, especially when going against the traffic.
I travel from Geelong to Blackburn quite regularly using the tunnel and the Monash and it's still a fair drive.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

So he has pinched a bloke who has attempted get a Senior job at many different clubs over many years and hasn't?

Awesome.

mr.wobble

joffaboy wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Jeez, all those poor blokes travelling down the Geelong Rd to play with the Cats.

Being further out of Melbourne than Seaford has really hurt them and their quests for flags :roll:
Yeah, but we've got coffee shops in Geekong Joff!

Don't you that Cafés = Flags? :P
Carltons got 16 flags so there is obviously something in that.
Bring back Fitzroy they'll win the next ten flags

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Eastern commented :
Yep;
- SOS didn't want to travel down there so he moved to GWS
- Tudor didn't want to travel down there so he moved to Sydney
- Berbekov didn't want to travel down there so he moved to Sydney
- Lyin didn't want to travel down there so he moved to Freo
- Yep, Its SEAFORD alright. Should we burn the place down? !!
Whether people want to accept it or not, the Seaford location is turning the "best people" away. If you are good enough in football terms to nail what you want, why would you want to travel to Seaford?

Malthouse lives near the inner city. Money is not his key driver, so why would he want to travel to Seaford every day until whatever hour? Transpose that thought to the likes of other top people e.g. Misson - the same result.
I know the response - if they pay you enough, what does it matter - many posters may travel an hour or more every day. Gents, it's about "choice." If you can get the same job, the same money in a more stable organisation, why would you want to travel to Seaford, if you don't have to ???
I shouldn't point this out as it would destroy your arguement but;

Missen went from a Seaford Base to a Cranbourne base for a whole lot more money. Thats his good fortune but it has NOTHING to do with location !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Eastern commented :
Yep;
- SOS didn't want to travel down there so he moved to GWS
- Tudor didn't want to travel down there so he moved to Sydney
- Berbekov didn't want to travel down there so he moved to Sydney
- Lyin didn't want to travel down there so he moved to Freo
- Yep, Its SEAFORD alright. Should we burn the place down? !!
Whether people want to accept it or not, the Seaford location is turning the "best people" away. If you are good enough in football terms to nail what you want, why would you want to travel to Seaford?

Malthouse lives near the inner city. Money is not his key driver, so why would he want to travel to Seaford every day until whatever hour? Transpose that thought to the likes of other top people e.g. Misson - the same result.
I know the response - if they pay you enough, what does it matter - many posters may travel an hour or more every day. Gents, it's about "choice." If you can get the same job, the same money in a more stable organisation, why would you want to travel to Seaford, if you don't have to ???
I shouldn't point this out as it would destroy your arguement but;

Missen went from a Seaford Base to a Cranbourne base for a whole lot more money. Thats his good fortune but it has NOTHING to do with location !!
And Berba leaving had nothing to do with Seaford. In fact he was really impressed by the facilities. He moved back to Sydney for personal reasons.

Can't comment about the others though.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mr.wobble wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Jeez, all those poor blokes travelling down the Geelong Rd to play with the Cats.

Being further out of Melbourne than Seaford has really hurt them and their quests for flags :roll:
Yeah, but we've got coffee shops in Geekong Joff!

Don't you that Cafés = Flags? :P
Carltons got 16 flags so there is obviously something in that.
Bring back Fitzroy they'll win the next ten flags
And Williamstown should be promoted to the AFL in place of Footscray, they would be top four in their first year.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I have no issues with assistants working hard. As a supporter, I'd love to know that everyone at the club is putting in as much as possible.

From what I've heard, the issue with Lyon and his assistants is that he doesn't really listen to them. It's his way. Full stop.

The dude is very keen on his own game plan, and 100% believes in it.

Unless he changes it, he's going to fail I reckon. Maybe a guy like Sumich can make a difference to him.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Scott Burns didn't even want to be interviewed such was his disgust at the SEAFORD location!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Scott Burns didn't even want to be interviewed such was his disgust at the SEAFORD location!
What a CLOWN of a comment :roll:

Megamaguire
Club Player

Lyon looks to address his own strategic weaknesses.

I thought it was smart and realistic of Lyon to admit his former strategic weakness in coaching the Saints -the Forward line!

With eyes perpetually lowered for many players playing Lyon style 'Saints Footy' the same players were presenting themselves underdone when it came to converting shots at goal.
With all Sumich's experience (playing and coaching) Lyon has finally moved on the forward line- Wish he had moved on this a few years ago when coaching St.Kilda.

When you see the goals magpie Cloke slotted this year it makes you wonder how many more the Saints players are capable of snagging.
I realise it's a subtle balance and that our ultra hard defence 'almost' delivered the goods but.... we still need a better ready supply of goals to lessen the pressure on the defensive game-plan.

Lyon is learning from his own deficiencies i hope our players and new coach can keep a lot of what was learnt but still improve in a few other areas
(eg) GOAL KICKING!

GO NEW SAINTS COACH!
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Scott Burns didn't even want to be interviewed such was his disgust at the SEAFORD location!
Nah he could be right the club may have erred by signing up with City of Frankston.

They should have been smarter about their negotiations with the various councils.

As far as we know they only talked to City of Casey, City of Frankston and City of Kingston and maybe City of Port Phillip.

Club may have been derelict in its duties if it didn't speak to City of Bayside, City of Greater Dandenong or Shire of Mornington Peninsula.

What if the club had talked to Mornington Peninsula Shire Council and they had set us up with a great deal on a place in Mornington or Mt Eliza etc. Lots of free space in the area might have even been enough room to build a small stadium if the club played its cards right.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Nah he could be right the club may have erred by signing up with City of Frankston.

They should have been smarter about their negotiations with the various councils.

As far as we know they only talked to City of Casey, City of Frankston and City of Kingston and maybe City of Port Phillip.

Club may have been derelict in its duties if it didn't speak to City of Bayside, City of Greater Dandenong or Shire of Mornington Peninsula.

What if the club had talked to Mornington Peninsula Shire Council and they had set us up with a great deal on a place in Mornington or Mt Eliza etc. Lots of free space in the area might have even been enough room to build a small stadium if the club played its cards right.
And probably all worth it if it delivers Scott Burns to us :shock:

Buckets
SS Life Member

You have a source for that?

In fact if you bothered to read anything you would know that after the interview with Adelaide he thought he still wasn't ready for a senior gig!!!

FAIR DINKUM! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

And probably all worth it if it delivers Scott Burns to us :shock:
Totally :lol:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:
You have a source for that?
Of course not! Does he have a source for anything he pipes on about?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Sumich? The guy who could possibly think about maybe throwing his hat into the ring to possibly coach us?

Let Lyin possibly maybe have him.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Did it leave a bruise?

busso mick
Club Player

He needs Sumich to create a well-oiled forward line, because he didn't do it at the Saints.