Goddard to Carlton?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Geez I hope so
What?!?! You actually hope he leaves?
Not because I don't like him as a player however I just think it's obvious he will have huge money thrown at him and we should be doing something about it while we can get something for some of our players.

He clearly was down this year and he probably needs a fresh start to revive his premiership dream.
he carried ahip injury most of the year and still worked his guts out-- we will never achieve by trading away our quality........ Stick around BJ
Bratty, never hear about the hip injury either, but I share your exact sentiments on Brendan.

Cairnsman, I see you're still heading the pack for the Barry Crocker Saintsational Forum Award :lol:
Not at all wise nuts. My argument is sound. Losing Goddard will not be the worst thing that could happen in a trade deal. The worst thing that could happen is if we lose him for zero. The drums have been beating loadly for a while on this one and the drums usually never lie.
We will also get nothing for him if we keep him!! Which you seem so sure wont happen. Why?
This poster has pushed for Goddard (and Riewoldt) to be traded to GC for months - he's not been around for a while, but soon as there is a thread on trading A Grade players, it's like a magnet to him. He wouldn't know about the fabric of a footy club. :shock:

People wanting to trade A Grade players for high DP, so the Saints can draft guys who might become....A Grade players in 2 -3 years if you're lucky, yep that makes sense....

Stand your ground :shock:
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Not at all wise nuts. My argument is sound. Losing Goddard will not be the worst thing that could happen in a trade deal. The worst thing that could happen is if we lose him for zero. The drums have been beating loadly for a while on this one and the drums usually never lie.
Which drums were beating? The doldrums?

Perhaps he found himself a little in the doldrums, but he will pick himself out after a proper pre-season.

I think we'd be mad to let him go. We need to keep a player with his sort of versatility. These type of players are rare.

Plus, it's a risk trading for him. How can you be sure we'll get a good deal?

Only people like Hutchy believe in trading him. Surely, you're not stooping to that level, Cairnsman?
All I'm saying is that the noises are getting louder and history proves that where there's noise there is big cash. He's done at the Saints mark my words. He knows he's not going to get a premiership at the Saints and I reckon that has to come into his decission making.
I think the weather up in Cairns has been getting to you, mate.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Not at all wise nuts. My argument is sound. Losing Goddard will not be the worst thing that could happen in a trade deal. The worst thing that could happen is if we lose him for zero. The drums have been beating loadly for a while on this one and the drums usually never lie.

Perhaps he found himself a little in the doldrums, but he will pick himself out after a proper pre-season.

I think we'd be mad to let him go. We need to keep a player with his sort of versatility. These type of players are rare.

Only people like Hutchy believe in trading him. Surely, you're not stooping to that level, Cairnsman?
All I'm saying is that the noises are getting louder and history proves that where there's noise there is big cash. He's done at the Saints mark my words. He knows he's not going to get a premiership at the Saints and I reckon that has to come into his decission making.
This is where you dont make sense. You are probably right that he wont win a flag at the Saints but neither will Dal, Joey or Rooy. Why do you think they wont want to go either. Lets trade them now just in case.

And by the way over 1000 players have never won a flag at the Saints. Most of them didnt go to another club.
Listen carefully conehead. I am singling Goddard from the rest you mention because he strikes me as the most likely to leave for self interests. Why? cause he can. He would be the first picked from our list. He's of more value than the others because he's a utility player. As RL has shown, self before team is the new paradigm. Where have you been the last 20 years?

Aussie Bears
Club Player

Living in the west listening to his clown on the radio, he continually makes stories up.

A year that doesn't end in frustration...please
westy
Club Player

The noises and the drums only get louder because the drum banger swings his stick harder!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Saints94
SS Life Member

Surely they cant afford him??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He is going to Carlton

For some great Italian food on Lygon St

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:One simple question. How can they afford him. Actually two questions. How does he get there. If we choose to let him go then we are shutting the window on Joey, Lenny, Rooy and Chips. And even worse. Doing it at the wrong time.
Do not, I repeat, do not question Kim Hagdorn 8-)
wtf is chris hagdorn...never heard of him....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why wait until next season to resign him.....fwd thinking he is the most important player to keeo

Future Captain
3 years from vets list
Is the Conduit between our senior players and the kids at 27 in 2012

If we lose him.....it will not be good....

Then again, he may become a hack like BALLY

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:One simple question. How can they afford him. Actually two questions. How does he get there. If we choose to let him go then we are shutting the window on Joey, Lenny, Rooy and Chips. And even worse. Doing it at the wrong time.
Hutchy's pseudonym?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
I don't know wtf is Chris Hagdorn.

But he can't know any less than Kim Hagdorn :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

okay ...but still never heard of him.....i can make up crap like that too.ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i read the op..then this last page....i don't intend to waste any more time on such crap....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

we should help carlton out by offering big dollars from our unloaded players for Yarran, Cruezer, Garlett, etc. we won't get them but it will help Carlton's accountants out by making them become more creative than under John Elliott.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:okay ...but still never heard of him.....i can make up crap like that too.ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
See, you do know something about him :wink:

His next headline is going to be about Phar Lap running in this year's Melbourne Cup :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

This is where you dont make sense. You are probably right that he wont win a flag at the Saints but neither will Dal, Joey or Rooy. Why do you think they wont want to go either. Lets trade them now just in case.

And by the way over 1000 players have never won a flag at the Saints. Most of them didnt go to another club.
Listen carefully conehead. I am singling Goddard from the rest you mention because he strikes me as the most likely to leave for self interests. Why? cause he can. He would be the first picked from our list. He's of more value than the others because he's a utility player. As RL has shown, self before team is the new paradigm. Where have you been the last 20 years?
You still arent reading are you? So you are happy to let BJ go for pick 22 when we can wait a year and try and sign him up and then if we cant we can on trade him to GWS for 2 first round picks. Now lets see who is smoking what. Which one would you pick?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

You still arent reading are you? So you are happy to let BJ go for pick 22 when we can wait a year and try and sign him up and then if we cant we can on trade him to GWS for 2 first round picks. Now lets see who is smoking what. Which one would you pick?
It would seem we are on the same page conehead as I aggree that a trade with GWS would appear to give us our best ROI. What it he actual date that free agency comes in. Is it before or after Godards contract expires?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

It would seem we are on the same page conehead as I aggree that a trade with GWS would appear to give us our best ROI. What it he actual date that free agency comes in. Is it before or after Godards contract expires?
You should know exactly as you have been telling us we will lose him for nothing. And I aint agreeing with you because you said it would be good if he leaves. Maybe you should go back and re read the whole thread to see what you actually think and have told us.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

You should know exactly as you have been telling us we will lose him for nothing. And I aint agreeing with you because you said it would be good if he leaves. Maybe you should go back and re read the whole thread to see what you actually think and have told us.
Stop this thread now Plugger looks reasonable, my paradigm has been shifted too quickly I can't keep going.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

No need to. It is my prediction that we will play out the rest of his career at another club. All I am saying is that I hope we get something in return for him. You are not facing up to the reality of modern AFL. Why would Goddard stay at a club that has no prospect of winning a flag for him and will not be able to pay him as much money as other clubs can. The two things he craves we can't give.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

No need to. It is my prediction that we will play out the rest of his career at another club. All I am saying is that I hope we get something in return for him. You are not facing up to the reality of modern AFL. Why would Goddard stay at a club that has no prospect of winning a flag for him and will not be able to pay him as much money as other clubs can. The two things he craves we can't give.
If he goes can you go with him!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Again how do you know he wants the money? And as the flag part, again it gets back to Dal, Joey and Rooy also wanting that so lets also get rid of them.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im with gringo... :D

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Suggesting that Goddard may be traded does not mean he's not wanted! I really hope that he stays. I'd be delighted if he stays.

However, this is a test for our Board (which as I've often mentioned, I'm worried about). They must make him the offer he deserves now, a long term deal, more money than Riewoldt and the Captaincy (whether immediately or later).

If he is not prepared to commit, then they need to take the hard decision and trade him. If the Board fail to do either, then we need to worry.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

And also if Goddard did not want to commit, you would have to wonder about the self belief of the leadership group. If Geelong haven't given them something to think about or aspire to. Then maybe they should all piss off.