Rodney Eade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

halo_halo

This is basically an admission that the coaching directors role was a crock of s***.

No way would FIGJAM want Eade to have any influence/control over him, apparently Eade's role has a different title and he reports to their football manager in Walsh.

I'm sure he will have some input but everything will go through FIGJAM.

Ross who?
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:I heard he's taken the Collingwood job, but only on the condition that he misses the senior coaching job at St Kilda.

I haven't heard that he's withdrawn his application to us, so I assume the interview will go ahead as scheduled.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 6156310458
Well I hope that all of those on here who are so convinced that Eade is a dud are right. Because it sounds from this article very much as if we might have been able to snare him if we had been prepared to move quickly.

Collingwood are a much more professionally-run club than us, and they obviously believe that Eade's knowledge and expertise were worth spending a large amount of money to secure as quickly as possible (it would seem within a day or two of Malthouse deciding he didn't want the role).But, then, the Pies administration has clearly been remiss in not paying closer attention to the considered opinions of the experts on Saintsational.
Both Malthouse and Maguire have acknowledged that the decision for Malthouse not to fulfil his contact was made 6 WEEKS ago... so conceivably
Eade could have been talking to the pies since BEFORE the St Kilda vacancy arose.

These decisions are never made in just a few days...
Jon Ralph said on SEN last Thursday that Eade was a LOCK for the pies senior coaching role when he was talking about the Saints coaching job.
Did Ralphy say anything else??

No, not really. Just that Eade would definitely be at Pies and that Watters, Cameron, etc. (all the names we have heard) are in the running.
He also jokingly asked KB if he had been asked by the Saints to interview as every man and his dog has. (A positive IMO)

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rodney Eade

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Is Rocket still in the mix at St Kilda and will he be interviewed or is he going to Collingwood for sure?
no way hed be going to c/wood. last thing bucks would want is another old codger bossing him around.
I'm used to old codgers bossing me around at work. My parents are old codgers and they still boss me around and so does the wife but she's not an old codger.
:lol: :lol: anyways. looks like the eade thing is true.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Ross who? wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:I heard he's taken the Collingwood job, but only on the condition that he misses the senior coaching job at St Kilda.

I haven't heard that he's withdrawn his application to us, so I assume the interview will go ahead as scheduled.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 6156310458
Well I hope that all of those on here who are so convinced that Eade is a dud are right. Because it sounds from this article very much as if we might have been able to snare him if we had been prepared to move quickly.

Collingwood are a much more professionally-run club than us, and they obviously believe that Eade's knowledge and expertise were worth spending a large amount of money to secure as quickly as possible (it would seem within a day or two of Malthouse deciding he didn't want the role).But, then, the Pies administration has clearly been remiss in not paying closer attention to the considered opinions of the experts on Saintsational.
Both Malthouse and Maguire have acknowledged that the decision for Malthouse not to fulfil his contact was made 6 WEEKS ago... so conceivably
Eade could have been talking to the pies since BEFORE the St Kilda vacancy arose.

These decisions are never made in just a few days...
Jon Ralph said on SEN last Thursday that Eade was a LOCK for the pies senior coaching role when he was talking about the Saints coaching job.
Did Ralphy say anything else??

No, not really. Just that Eade would definitely be at Pies and that Watters, Cameron, etc. (all the names we have heard) are in the running.
He also jokingly asked KB if he had been asked by the Saints to interview as every man and his dog has. (A positive IMO)
Awesome thanks mate :)