Rodney Eade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Rodney Eade

Is Rocket still in the mix at St Kilda and will he be interviewed or is he going to Collingwood for sure?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Nfi

i dont thinks its clear yet

matrix
Saintsational Legend

reported on SEN this morn that he was going to collingwood

still no officiall announcement yet tho

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mike Sheahan and Mark Stevens both confirmed, I reckon it's done.

He'll probably get more $$ as a director there, than coach here.

It's a win-win for me.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Looks a lot like Rodney is out. Looks like a "young gun" will be in!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rodney Eade

SaintPav wrote:Is Rocket still in the mix at St Kilda and will he be interviewed or is he going to Collingwood for sure?
no way hed be going to c/wood. last thing bucks would want is another old codger bossing him around.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Is Rocket still in the mix at St Kilda and will he be interviewed or is he going to Collingwood for sure?
no way hed be going to c/wood. last thing bucks would want is another old codger bossing him around.
I'm used to old codgers bossing me around at work. My parents are old codgers and they still boss me around and so does the wife but she's not an old codger.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mohannair
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... 1l3wv.html

chook23
Saintsational Legend

confirmed by magpies....SEN

saint4life
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Phew!

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Ross who?
Club Player

That's one we can cross off the list :D

Blake Acres fan club VIP
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I heard he's taken the Collingwood job, but only on the condition that he misses the senior coaching job at St Kilda.

I haven't heard that he's withdrawn his application to us, so I assume the interview will go ahead as scheduled.

Saints94
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:I heard he's taken the Collingwood job, but only on the condition that he misses the senior coaching job at St Kilda.

I haven't heard that he's withdrawn his application to us, so I assume the interview will go ahead as scheduled.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 6156310458

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

It is believed the timing of the Saints' process was not ideal.

The Saints will hold the first round of interviews this week and enter the second stage next week.

It appears a decision on the job is at least a fortnight away, leaving Eade in a delicate position with clubs wanting answers.
Ah, okay, so the Pies beat us to the punch ... they are good.

Don't blame him for not wanting to run the high risk of being left unemployed while awaiting an answer from us while we go through the "process".

Personally I think we could have done worse and may still do.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 03 Oct 2011 1:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:I heard he's taken the Collingwood job, but only on the condition that he misses the senior coaching job at St Kilda.

Well I hope that all of those on here who are so convinced that Eade is a dud are right. Because it sounds from this article very much as if we might have been able to snare him if we had been prepared to move quickly.

Collingwood are a much more professionally-run club than us, and they obviously believe that Eade's knowledge and expertise were worth spending a large amount of money to secure as quickly as possible (it would seem within a day or two of Malthouse deciding he didn't want the role).

But, then, the Pies administration has clearly been remiss in not paying closer attention to the considered opinions of the experts on Saintsational.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Well I hope that all of those on here who are so convinced that Eade is a dud are right. Because it sounds from this article very much as if we might have been able to snare him if we had been prepared to move quickly.

Collingwood are a much more professionally-run club than us, and they obviously believe that Eade's knowledge and expertise were worth spending a large amount of money to secure as quickly as possible (it would seem within a day or two of Malthouse deciding he didn't want the role).

But, then, the Pies administration has clearly been remiss in not paying closer attention to the considered opinions of the experts on Saintsational.
Agree. The "process" ... what a crock. What's wrong with getting on the phone.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Well Eade did take the Brisbane Bears Reserves to a Grand Final win in, what, 1993? How can we possibly underestimate his prowess. Oh, and he did get the Swans to the GF in 96. You know, that year when the Swans had a bloke called Lockett kick 228 goals....

MB, Eade is a fire-mouthed all-talker who WB's players would be DELIGHTED to see the back of.

Frankly, I am amazed at the appointment at the Pies. Winder how Nathan Buckley feels about it? Hardly a vote of confidence in the much vaunted apprentice.

All I can think of is that Eade is media savvy and those 'talents' may see him shoulder a burden next season.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Well Eade did take the Brisbane Bears Reserves to a Grand Final win in, what, 1993? How can we possibly underestimate his prowess. Oh, and he did get the Swans to the GF in 96. You know, that year when the Swans had a bloke called Lockett kick 228 goals....

MB, Eade is a fire-mouthed all-talker who WB's players would be DELIGHTED to see the back of.

Frankly, I am amazed at the appointment at the Pies. Winder how Nathan Buckley feels about it? Hardly a vote of confidence in the much vaunted apprentice.

All I can think of is that Eade is media savvy and those 'talents' may see him shoulder a burden next season.
He has a track record of getting good results out of ordinary lists. His record of one grand final for one loss is better than Lyin's of three for two losses and a draw.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Slow out of the blocks again Saints :( I am not saying that Eade "should have" got the Saints job, but we should have been a week further into this process than we are. In that case. the Coaching Panel would have at least had a good look at/discussion with Eade. It's too late now !

Watters is looking more likely every day !

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Junction Oval wrote:Slow out of the blocks again Saints :( I am not saying that Eade "should have" got the Saints job, but we should have been a week further into this process than we are. In that case. the Coaching Panel would have at least had a good look at/discussion with Eade. It's too late now !

Watters is looking more likely every day !
Maybe we just didn't want that badly?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey said :
Maybe we just didn't want that badly?
You may well be right .

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Collingwood are a much more professionally-run club than us, and they obviously believe that Eade's knowledge and expertise were worth spending a large amount of money to secure as quickly as possible (it would seem within a day or two of Malthouse deciding he didn't want the role).But, then, the Pies administration has clearly been remiss in not paying closer attention to the considered opinions of the experts on Saintsational.
Both Malthouse and Maguire have acknowledged that the decision for Malthouse not to fulfil his contact was made 6 WEEKS ago... so conceivably Eade could have been talking to the pies since BEFORE the St Kilda vacancy arose.

These decisions are never made in just a few days...

Ross who?
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Collingwood are a much more professionally-run club than us, and they obviously believe that Eade's knowledge and expertise were worth spending a large amount of money to secure as quickly as possible (it would seem within a day or two of Malthouse deciding he didn't want the role).But, then, the Pies administration has clearly been remiss in not paying closer attention to the considered opinions of the experts on Saintsational.
Both Malthouse and Maguire have acknowledged that the decision for Malthouse not to fulfil his contact was made 6 WEEKS ago... so conceivably
Eade could have been talking to the pies since BEFORE the St Kilda vacancy arose.

Jon Ralph said on SEN last Thursday that Eade was a LOCK for the pies senior coaching role when he was talking about the Saints coaching job.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Saints94
SS Life Member

Ross who? wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Both Malthouse and Maguire have acknowledged that the decision for Malthouse not to fulfil his contact was made 6 WEEKS ago... so conceivably
Eade could have been talking to the pies since BEFORE the St Kilda vacancy arose.

Jon Ralph said on SEN last Thursday that Eade was a LOCK for the pies senior coaching role when he was talking about the Saints coaching job.
Did Ralphy say anything else??

Saints94
SS Life Member

Ross who? wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Did Ralphy say anything else??