Confirmed:- Rodney Eade to replace Malthouse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Malthouse is an overrated knob that took 11 years to win a flag for The Filth..

it also coincided with Buckley being appointed as an assistant....was that a coincidence..... :shock:
As we know flags are incredibly difficult to win. Mick has three as head coach....so he's not overrated.

He won three flags true but two were at a club with state of the art facilities, he also had the money to spend on facilities and more to ensure he got his players to the Grand final. He also lost a GF during this time.

Then he won one more and lost three more GFs (and drew one) when he was at the country's richest club with the best facilities and a budget to do near anything he wanted (with a Pres to back him up too)

In both cases, it was a matter of when not if. The only if was IF he got the chop at some point (which must have been close in the 2004-05 period)

He is a good coach yes, a great coach even, but I think he is past it. He ALMOST got outcoached in the grand final last year. (GF1 of course)

I can see why people might think he is overrated (although personally, that's a bit far) and I definitely think he is past it.

Not to mention, he has NO interest in coaching this year.
or next year.... :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Malthouse is an overrated knob that took 11 years to win a flag for The Filth..

it also coincided with Buckley being appointed as an assistant....was that a coincidence..... :shock:
As we know flags are incredibly difficult to win. Mick has three as head coach....so he's not overrated.

He won three flags true but two were at a club with state of the art facilities, he also had the money to spend on facilities and more to ensure he got his players to the Grand final. He also lost a GF during this time.

Then he won one more and lost three more GFs (and drew one) when he was at the country's richest club with the best facilities and a budget to do near anything he wanted (with a Pres to back him up too)

In both cases, it was a matter of when not if. The only if was IF he got the chop at some point (which must have been close in the 2004-05 period)

He is a good coach yes, a great coach even, but I think he is past it. He ALMOST got outcoached in the grand final last year. (GF1 of course)

I can see why people might think he is overrated (although personally, that's a bit far) and I definitely think he is past it.

Not to mention, he has NO interest in coaching this year.
or next year.... :lol:
Ugh, thanks for that.

I need to get to bed. When the little one has settled down to sleep, I will gladly do so.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

obviously with the MM and st kilda stuff from last year it's pointless discussing MM's credentials on saintsational. not the most impartial place. yes i think he's a royal d**khead but there's not doubt he's a great coach and would be the best (if available) option for us.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:obviously with the MM and st kilda stuff from last year it's pointless discussing MM's credentials on saintsational. not the most impartial place. yes i think he's a royal d**khead but there's not doubt he's a great coach and would be the best (if available) option for us.
your opinion...of which you are most entitled...however....

Someone better will be appointed....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Saints94 wrote:So i assume its out of Watters & Hinkley and maybe Richardson.
forget hinkley
Source or your opinion?
opinion

has walked once before
Who did he walk on? AND when and why?
he walked out on the saints when that dumb f*** blight got the bullet.....where have you been???
Last edited by stinger on Sun 02 Oct 2011 12:48am, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:obviously with the MM and st kilda stuff from last year it's pointless discussing MM's credentials on saintsational. not the most impartial place. yes i think he's a royal d**khead but there's not doubt he's a great coach and would be the best (if available) option for us.
the ball bounces into milne's hands instead of the other way for a point...and that prick has nil flags to show for it at the filth.....great coach my arse...lucky coach more like it... :roll: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I cant help thinking that Rodney Eade would just be a massive step backwards.

The filth can have him as far as I am concerned.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
linz
Club Player

Hinkley for me if he wants it. Malcolm will be in his ear at the Gold Coast but he is still his own man. (If not I don't want him!!)

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I cant help thinking that Rodney Eade would just be a massive step backwards.

The filth can have him as far as I am concerned.
Agreed. the guy couldnt even evolve the Dogs to adapt to changes in the game re the press etc.

Good Director of Coaching but as a senior coach hes done IMO.

“Yeah….nah””
fingers
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Saints94 wrote:So i assume its out of Watters & Hinkley and maybe Richardson.
forget hinkley
Source or your opinion?
opinion

has walked once before
Who did he walk on? AND when and why?
dont you know anything...he was one of Blight's assistant coaches at St Kilda and quit when that turd was sacked....

he is still Blight's bum buddy at Gold Coast
Polite.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The Saints have never done well with ex premierships coaches, (remember Jezza and Jewel), nor even with coaches that have coached elsewhere. Our best coaches have all been novices. Yabby, Alves, Thomas and Lyon. We shpuld remember this when considering our next coach.

mohannair
Club Player

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He's put his hand up for our coaching job, though, and is golng to be interviewed

jays
Club Player

good they can have him

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its not confirmed at all..a tweet from a Herald Sun journo does not "confirm": anything :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Megsie
Club Player

Hope it's Tudor.

Pray it's NOT Max Hudgton

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:It's not just on-field, he do wonders for us off it as well.
Good lord, I couldn't think of anyone WORSE off-field. His track record with Collingwood was terrible, as a front man for the Saints it'd be a PR disaster.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

In this modern era flags are only won by teams which are coached by guys with a full head of hair.

Rodney Eade? No No :P