Mordy whacks bolt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... we might be tasmanians / australians , but you whities are just ring-ins.

go back to where ya come from ya angry , disrespectul bottom feeders.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Interesting discussion.

But none of this explains the existence of Collingwood supporters :roll:

VERDUN
Club Player

[quote="gazrat"]... we might be tasmanians / australians , but you whities are just ring-ins.

go back to where ya come from ya angry , disrespectul bottom feeders.[

/quote]

love this quote and the one after it re Coll supporters

To the top
SS Life Member

I have read some of the comments re Bolt - and they miss the mark.

As much as I ever notice of Bolt is an occasional glance at the highlight paragraph - and from that I reason that he is a champion trotter, going around and around on the same track regardless.

Such is his bias.

But a couple of my views on what appear to be his pet subjects:-

1) Climate change. The body of science from the Science Acadamies accross the developed world conclude that there is climate change occurring, contributed to by carbon emissions and the most effective way to tackle these emissions is by putting a price on those emissions - as many countries have including accross Europe, the UK, New Zealand and in some USA States among other jurisdictions. The tax will morph to a traded price.

But my concerns go beyond "climate change" and "carbon emissions" to the future - and I ask the question "with greater demand for fossil fuels, highlighted by a Chinese entity this week bidding for control of a coal mining Company in Australia for the purpose of exporting that coal to China (in lieu of for domestic consumption) and that the mining of these fossil fuels reduces their time as a source of energy because they will be mined out - putting pressure on the cost base because of ever increasing scarce supply and increasing demand, what happens next?"

The supply and demand equation comes into play - to our detriment as we already see with the rising costs of electricity and petroleum - and water.

So we need transmision to sustainable renewable energy sources within the next decade to avert an energy "crunch" such as we experienced in 1974 with the "First Global Oil Crisis", pushing up inflation and interest rates globally and causing the economic crisis that caused.

And that, together with protecting our environment, is the driver.

2) In regards Bolt's political bias, simply, at a time when the citizens of the globe are engulfed by uncertain times, courtesy of the mis-deeds of those in pin stripe suits and their sub-prime lending, and with asset prices and their employment under siege, it is easy for the attack dogs such as Bolt to have a shot at the government - a government which has inherited the damage of the pin stripes and their government which allowed double digit credit growth to continue year after year after year, fuelled by tax cuts, tax concesions and non-means-tested hand outs to Companies and high income earners.

Our mortgage debt borrowed from our financial institutions increased from $334 BILLION in 2000 to $1.226 TRILLION in 2010, the same size as our GDP which traditionally growns at 3.5% per annum (since 1907), a GDP 70% reliant on our service industry, and therein lies the risk government must manage and has managed.

The handing of the proceeds of the Mining Boom Mark 1 to the well to do resulted in the inflation we had with interest rates rising during an election campaign in 2007 (and Henry's leaked memo on "bad policy").

The upshot of these uncertain economic times (upon which I deliver papers globally) is that government is not popular - whether that be in Germany where Merkel has suffered severe results in Regional elections in the past month or in France where the Senate elections of last week have delivered control of the Senate to the left-wing parties for the first time since 1958.

Both the German and French governments are of the Centre-right.

That is the times we are in.

They are transitory.

I also add that the greatest threat to economic stability in my opinion is the political risk - evidenced in the USA with the Taxed Enough Already Party, the debt ceiling fiasco and the concentration on "austerity" when growth should be the focus.

We also see the problems the UK Government is in.

That is my disagreement with the types of Bolt - they are undeucated in my opinion but are never challenged because they are from the 4th Estate and they will always have the last word.

And anyone contradicting them and their presumptions does not get printed.

Unless you get to a court - and where Bolt, as I undersatnd it, has made many people relatively rich with out of court settlements which have never been reported.

A former St Kilda player has shone a torch - weakly, but at least it has been shone on these types.

It is now up to the public to question.

desperate saint
Club Player

hi Leo J
its a fact of life in any democracy that we have the right and the left and most are one persuasion or the other,those of us on the right are always willing to hear the left argument and"cop it sweet"if we are wrong!but lets us never stifle the debate that is true freedom!
ps the left have a history of being wrong but thats ok we are very tolerant.

Desperate Saint
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mordy whacks bolt

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:I know its not footy related but he did play for the club .
its good to see judge Mordy bromberg give columnist andrew bolt a whack , i don't disagree with everything that bolt says however i do believe he appeals to much to the right wing neo-nazi's in society.
That is really laughable comparing Bolt to a neo-Nazi. If you knew anything about him or read any of his stuff you would know that he is opposed to totalitarianism of all kinds.

He has not said anything remotely racist. He merely pointed out the fact that there are some people who have one indigenous ancestor and who choose to identify themselves as Aboriginal for their own advantage. He has not sought to deny them that right. He has merely stated a fact.
If you have one German ancestor, and the rest are Scottish, Irish, italian, English, Welsh...does that make you German?
Why does Aboriginality outweigh everything else?

I look forward to the likes of David Marr complaining about the 'silencing of dissent'. Somehow I think I'll be waiting a while.
with all due respect ILPK , if you read my blog i didn't say bolt was a neo-nazi , i said his views may appeal to that small section of the community .
I just thinks it nice to see an ex player take a prominent roll in society , I still have his footy card and would like to think that if i could get him to sign it , It may be worth something maybe $2.50 :)

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:The articles were about part aborigines (very small part for some) claiming awards and benefits when everyone else in OUR community cannot claim these things.

Why are aborigines treated differently to everyone else in the community including ticking the relevant boxes on your tax return, etc?

Aren't we ALL Aussies?

Is that being racist. Saying we are ALL Australian? I am, you are, we are Australian!

This is fair dinkum unbelievable!!!

:roll:
Might have something to do with stealing their land?

Just a suggestion.....
Yes, by all means, let's give back ALL land stolen from EVERYONE throughout history!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:The articles were about part aborigines (very small part for some) claiming awards and benefits when everyone else in OUR community cannot claim these things.

Why are aborigines treated differently to everyone else in the community including ticking the relevant boxes on your tax return, etc?

Aren't we ALL Aussies?

Is that being racist. Saying we are ALL Australian? I am, you are, we are Australian!

Just a suggestion.....
Yes, by all means, let's give back ALL land stolen from EVERYONE throughout history!
We are not responsible for all the people on earth, however we should be responsible for the well being of our fellow citizens who have had their land stolen from them in this country.

Not too hard a concept for even a hypobolic chap such as yourself to grasp I wouldn't have thought.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

re edited and submitted!
Last edited by saint patrick on Fri 30 Sep 2011 12:47am, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:I know its not footy related but he did play for the club .
its good to see judge Mordy bromberg give columnist andrew bolt a whack , i don't disagree with everything that bolt says however i do believe he appeals to much to the right wing neo-nazi's in society.
That is really laughable comparing Bolt to a neo-Nazi. If you knew anything about him or read any of his stuff you would know that he is opposed to totalitarianism of all kinds.

He has not said anything remotely racist. He merely pointed out the fact that there are some people who have one indigenous ancestor and who choose to identify themselves as Aboriginal for their own advantage. He has not sought to deny them that right. He has merely stated a fact.
If you have one German ancestor, and the rest are Scottish, Irish, italian, English, Welsh...does that make you German?
Why does Aboriginality outweigh everything else?

I look forward to the likes of David Marr complaining about the 'silencing of dissent'. Somehow I think I'll be waiting a while.
with all due respect ILPK , if you read my blog i didn't say bolt was a neo-nazi , i said his views may appeal to that small section of the community .
I just thinks it nice to see an ex player take a prominent roll in society , I still have his footy card and would like to think that if i could get him to sign it , It may be worth something maybe $2.50 :)
Love the sweeping statement that his views appeal to a small section of the community..I think he expresses a lot of views on behalf of a great many [perhaps the majority!!]who haven't got the guts for offending the cultural elite minority who make a lot of noise and are very well represented in the legal fraternity and media :x :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Austinnn
Club Player

desperate saint wrote:hi Leo J
its a fact of life in any democracy that we have the right and the left and most are one persuasion or the other,those of us on the right are always willing to hear the left argument and"cop it sweet"if we are wrong!but lets us never stifle the debate that is true freedom!
ps the left have a history of being wrong but thats ok we are very tolerant.
Let's be clear: whatever Porky Bolt's well-crafted martyristic editorial suggests, no-one is being denied the right to speak here.

Bolt, Mann and co can still pollute discourse by selective represention and disclosure of actual facts, and they will.

What Bolt has been stopped from doing this one time is changing the key facts, or lying, to suit his argument. Whatever you think of Mr. Mann, his account of the facts of this case cannot be disputed. I'm not saying Bolt is the only professional journalist to do this, I am saying that he is one of the few to get pulled up on it.

In fact, it's thanks to the selfless decision of the claimants to pursue Bolt via the Racial Discrimination Act, rather than accepting a cash settlement that Bolt's integrity is being publicly questioned.

In general, you may think that the right wing is happy to allow left-wing discourse and not vice versa, but I'd imagine that's partly because insults from the left-wing generally don't break the rules of accepted decency. That is to say, it is illegal to make disparaging jokes about ethnic types, but not about business people, etc. If people thought that "pin-stripe" or "money hungry" were offensive terms, they would become taboo and eventually illegal under a similar law to the Racial Discrimination Act. Likewise if it was only a few people who objected to phrases like "petrol-sniffer", it would be like it was as recently as 15 years ago. The majority has spoken, and far from Political Correctness Gawn Maaad, the laws more or less reflect our accepted boundaries of taste and decency. If there are enough Right-Wing thinkers out there who openly challenge these laws, then the laws would eventually be changed. Stop writing to newspapers and start organising petitions to roll back the anti-discrimination laws; will be interesting to see how far you get, even with the Might of Murdoch and DMGT behind you.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
markp
Saintsational Legend

Really interesting posts and good reading The OtherThommo and To the top... appreciate it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Love the sweeping statement that his views appeal to a small section of the community..I think he expresses a lot of views on behalf of a great many [perhaps the majority!!]who haven't got the guts for offending the cultural elite minority who make a lot of noise and are very well represented in the legal fraternity and media :x :roll:
Anyone notice the irony here :D :D

Yes thats right poor little Andrew Bolt with no voice, except for the front page of the Hun, his column, his blog, his TV show, his radio show.

And i dont really think there is anything culturally elite about being made to tell the truth and adhering to the laws of the land.

Bolt is a cultural communist who wants everybody to be the same, to renounce their ancestors and heritage and behave just like him.

Maybe he, and his mindless sheeplike followers would feel safe from the nasty scary, different world, where the "others" (like abo's and reffo's) are put in their place and learn how to behave like white people. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Bolt is a cultural communist who wants everybody to be the same, to renounce their ancestors and heritage and behave just like him.
Yup....
Silencing me impedes unity, says Andrew Bolt

IT IS time we put aside racial and ethnic divisions. As multicultural Australia strives for harmony, these distinctions merely reinforce existing barriers.
That's why I believe we can choose and even renounce our ethnic identity, because I have done that myself.
Just WTF is he on about??

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

markp wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Bolt is a cultural communist who wants everybody to be the same, to renounce their ancestors and heritage and behave just like him.
Yup....
Silencing me impedes unity, says Andrew Bolt

IT IS time we put aside racial and ethnic divisions. As multicultural Australia strives for harmony, these distinctions merely reinforce existing barriers.
That's why I believe we can choose and even renounce our ethnic identity, because I have done that myself.
Just WTF is he on about??
He's black?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
VERDUN
Club Player

Great posts here - refreshing to find out that people on a footy site have informed opinions hope it keeps going in to the next season.

As I said earlier he will portray himself as a martyr and use the front page of the sun to argue his point ohh the irony

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Love the sweeping statement that his views appeal to a small section of the community..I think he expresses a lot of views on behalf of a great many [perhaps the majority!!]who haven't got the guts for offending the cultural elite minority who make a lot of noise and are very well represented in the legal fraternity and media :x :roll:
Anyone notice the irony here :D :D

Yes thats right poor little Andrew Bolt with no voice, except for the front page of the Hun, his column, his blog, his TV show, his radio show.

And i dont really think there is anything culturally elite about being made to tell the truth and adhering to the laws of the land.

Bolt is a cultural communist who wants everybody to be the same, to renounce their ancestors and heritage and behave just like him.

Maybe he, and his mindless sheeplike followers would feel safe from the nasty scary, different world, where the "others" (like abo's and reffo's) are put in their place and learn how to behave like white people. :roll:
Thought the same...

As for the people harping about stolen land...FFS acknowledge that it happened, show a bit of maturity about cultural ties, and set your mind in motion how you can marry the two concepts to form a pragmatic and sensitive solution. You'll find that's what 99% of those who are intimately connected to the native title debate are concerned with. The us against them crapola is SOOOO a fabrication preyed on by the likes of Bolt. And in his specific case it will be forever thus until he finds a different topic with which to hypnotise more drones and sell more ads for his paper.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: As for the people harping about stolen land...FFS acknowledge that it happened, show a bit of maturity about cultural ties, and set your mind in motion how you can marry the two concepts to form a pragmatic and sensitive solution.
A pragmatic and sensitive solution is in place, the debt is being paid through educational and cultural subsidies, the Sorry Speech, and Native Title.

The lie that was Terra Nullius cannot be reversed, so we must live cohesively in its wake.

Enough about Aboriginals getting handouts for nothing..... :x

Megamaguire
Club Player

"saintspremiers"I like his stance on the global warming hoax.

Look else where for an impartial - even scientific viewpoint saintspremiers.
The boltman is a very typical murdoch mouthpiece that is used in the U.S. U.K. and Aust. to dumb down and mislead impressionable readers while regularly catastrophising about pseudo 'Issues' in society.

Bolts handlers probably tell themselves that his lack of understanding (scientific and otherwise) as well as pugnacious disinterest in real journalistic standards provokes comment and thereby sells the so-called 'News'. To his employers he is worth it but for the rest of us he does any reader a great injustice by forcing his poorly educated red-neck opinions i mean notions on whoever will read his tripe. He is a sad mischief maker.

Reg: The Murdoch owned Sun. DONT READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will make you mentally challenged and duped - stick to the photos only - even there again The Age is probably better too.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Well this is bubbling along nicely! I know it's the wrong thing to do on a footy forum, but I'm a sucker for Climate Change Denial!

To all those who agree with Porky Bolt that Climate Change is a hoax, I hope that your views are based on real unconflicted scientific research, not just on the opinions of those with vested interests in continuing the same destructive way of life. People who make their living from logging or mining for example.

I find it amusing that the media people who oppose the idea of man-made Global Warming are always the same people who champion individualism over humanitarian ideas, great outstanding folks like Bolt, Christopher Monckton, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck and James Delingpole. Take a look at some of the other causes they espouse and it's clear that their priority is keeping things the way they've been for the last 100 years. It's also interesting that Rupert Murdoch seems to be paying quite a few of these people's salaries. But they're all different voices, aren't they? :wink:

http://theconversation.edu.au/climate-s ... e-war-1692

It's great that not everyone agrees with everyone, and we need to keep the debate open, but the longer we debate, the later we will act. Some causes don't have the time. I remember MMM FM promoting Saving The Planet in 1989. 22 years later and we're STILL mass debating. Let's hope that the Deniers are right, personally I think they're taking this stance because they percieve that a change of lifestyle is too great a sacrifice for a cause they secretly believe it's too late to act on.

BTW Bolt seems to have packed on a few pounds since I last saw a photo of him. Must be all the truffles that Rupert feeds him.

Don't even get me started on Aboriginal affairs.

Anyway back to the footy, opium of the masses.
The marrow deep flaw in the logic of the climate deniers, Aussie, is the absolute denial of the scientific process itself. None of 'em, not one, has been able to come up with any credible, peer reviewed research to say the consensus view is wrong in fact or basis.

Here we have an entire cabal, funded by various nefarious idealogues, like the Koch brothers (who also fund the Tea Party in the US), who live in an era of the highest living standards ever, enjoying the fruits of one central strand of human endeavour, science, and choose to deny the output from one channel of a centuries old process that has delivered them the only progress they can comprehend.

If it ain't science that has delivered economically the standard of living enjoyed by the developed world today (and I can hear the whingers gargling), what is it? Every inch of progress has come about because of a basic scientific process. A cycle of observe, measure, hypothesise, test, review, and round we go again, until a consensus is reached and the opportunity to capitalise or mitigate is assessed and executed.

Yet, on this one issue all scientists are supposed to be part of a conspiracy!?!?!? The logic is startling. No, it's not. Power to influence is given to people by the likes of Murdoch based on their ability to incite and excite, irrespective of the merits of their argument or their basic capability. Rupert is 80+ and has never had any interest in anything other than money and power. He is said to be a believer in climate science, yet hires people like Beck et al to perpetuate the incitement. Why? Because he stands for nothing beyond short term, expedient exploitation of people's fears and ignorance. That's how he makes his money, which fuels his influence.

Climate science is nothing new. It's just science and is going through the same process as every other branch of scientific development has gone for centuries.

There is no such thing as a climate change denier. They are science deniers. The whole lot of 'em should shut down their computers, get out of their cars and walk, move into caves, kill animals with their bare hands for food and clothing, stay warm by huddling, or cool by nuding up, seek entertainment from within, communicate by grunting, seek no test, procedure or drug to remedy what ails them, resign from all employment and wander around aimlessly, waiting for the leaders of their social groupings to tell them what to do.

Because, without science, that's where we'd be.

As for there needing to be a debate, those who deny the science should refer back to the Monty Python sketch on arguments. A point of view does not an argument make. It has to have a basis to support it, otherwise it's just words, usually badly constructed words.

This "debate" about climate science and the supposed right of everyone to have a view, irrespective of whether they can even get within the same postcode as knowledge and logical objectivity, was best summed up by one person who The Autralian had write an opinion piece on why the science of climate change was wrong.

They had Archvaticansycophant George Pell lecture their readers via an opinion piece on why climate science was wrong. In that one fell swoop they encapsulated their opinion of logical, thoughtful processes as surmountable by the power of voodoo. That's how they regard their readers.

Bolt works for the same organisation. Q.E.D.
Thank you for being so succint!
Any more conspiracy theories?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Aren't we ALL Aussies?

Just a suggestion.....
We are not responsible for all the people on earth, however we should be responsible for the well being of our fellow citizens who have had their land stolen from them in this country.

Not too hard a concept for even a hypobolic chap such as yourself to grasp I wouldn't have thought.
There is a simple solution. Give it all back, and let's all leave and go back to where our ancestors came from.

We have said 'sorry', do we now have to spend from now until the end of time making reparations to everyone who has any Aboriginal background at all? Successive governments have spent billions of dollars on this.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

To the top wrote:I have read some of the comments re Bolt - and they miss the mark.

As much as I ever notice of Bolt is an occasional glance at the highlight paragraph - and from that I reason that he is a champion trotter, going around and around on the same track regardless.

Such is his bias.

But a couple of my views on what appear to be his pet subjects:-

1) Climate change. The body of science from the Science Acadamies accross the developed world conclude that there is climate change occurring, contributed to by carbon emissions and the most effective way to tackle these emissions is by putting a price on those emissions - as many countries have including accross Europe, the UK, New Zealand and in some USA States among other jurisdictions. The tax will morph to a traded price.

But my concerns go beyond "climate change" and "carbon emissions" to the future - and I ask the question "with greater demand for fossil fuels, highlighted by a Chinese entity this week bidding for control of a coal mining Company in Australia for the purpose of exporting that coal to China (in lieu of for domestic consumption) and that the mining of these fossil fuels reduces their time as a source of energy because they will be mined out - putting pressure on the cost base because of ever increasing scarce supply and increasing demand, what happens next?"

The supply and demand equation comes into play - to our detriment as we already see with the rising costs of electricity and petroleum - and water.

So we need transmision to sustainable renewable energy sources within the next decade to avert an energy "crunch" such as we experienced in 1974 with the "First Global Oil Crisis", pushing up inflation and interest rates globally and causing the economic crisis that caused.

And that, together with protecting our environment, is the driver.

2) In regards Bolt's political bias, simply, at a time when the citizens of the globe are engulfed by uncertain times, courtesy of the mis-deeds of those in pin stripe suits and their sub-prime lending, and with asset prices and their employment under siege, it is easy for the attack dogs such as Bolt to have a shot at the government - a government which has inherited the damage of the pin stripes and their government which allowed double digit credit growth to continue year after year after year, fuelled by tax cuts, tax concesions and non-means-tested hand outs to Companies and high income earners.

Our mortgage debt borrowed from our financial institutions increased from $334 BILLION in 2000 to $1.226 TRILLION in 2010, the same size as our GDP which traditionally growns at 3.5% per annum (since 1907), a GDP 70% reliant on our service industry, and therein lies the risk government must manage and has managed.

The handing of the proceeds of the Mining Boom Mark 1 to the well to do resulted in the inflation we had with interest rates rising during an election campaign in 2007 (and Henry's leaked memo on "bad policy").

The upshot of these uncertain economic times (upon which I deliver papers globally) is that government is not popular - whether that be in Germany where Merkel has suffered severe results in Regional elections in the past month or in France where the Senate elections of last week have delivered control of the Senate to the left-wing parties for the first time since 1958.

Both the German and French governments are of the Centre-right.

That is the times we are in.

They are transitory.

I also add that the greatest threat to economic stability in my opinion is the political risk - evidenced in the USA with the Taxed Enough Already Party, the debt ceiling fiasco and the concentration on "austerity" when growth should be the focus.

We also see the problems the UK Government is in.

That is my disagreement with the types of Bolt - they are undeucated in my opinion but are never challenged because they are from the 4th Estate and they will always have the last word.

And anyone contradicting them and their presumptions does not get printed.

Unless you get to a court - and where Bolt, as I undersatnd it, has made many people relatively rich with out of court settlements which have never been reported.

A former St Kilda player has shone a torch - weakly, but at least it has been shone on these types.

It is now up to the public to question.
Short and to the point! was going to read all this, then I realised something: time is finite.
You've just admitted you don't read Bolt so your opinion of him is formed by those who hate him.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
We have said 'sorry', do we now have to spend from now until the end of time making reparations to everyone who has any Aboriginal background at all? Successive governments have spent billions of dollars on this.
If I punched you on the nose (be still my beating heart!), and said sorry afterwards, does it stop it hurting?

To the top
SS Life Member

There is the matter of joining the dots together here.

1. Channel 9 handing a microphone to Fevola when he was obviously under the influence and then broadcasting his antics to their audience (and how was the media on hand to record the footage of Cousins being apprehended by police? Read what is now being divulged about Murdoch in concert with "events" such as that in Australia). Channel 9 then forever label Fevola as "AFL bad boy ....". So where is responsibility?

2. The 4th Estate responding to a Court decision thru front page banner headlines - and selectively printing contributions from "the public", contributions that from what has been contributed here do not reflect the "public opinion" and are a long, long way from public opinion.

3. Channel 9 (obviously clearing at least, because there would have been preparation and rehearsals) broadcasting an item which is then criticised by some including by reference to the "culture" of the St Kilda Football Club - then describing some players being penalised for their activities at a pre-season camp (is St Kilda alone in this?), the "St Kilda School Girl" events and the photograps she stole and distributed and Lovett (a St Kilda player) being charged with rape.

To be fair, the media does report that the charges against Lovett were not substantiated in a Court of Law but it does not report that the incompetent and salivating media placed credibility on lies told by a school girl.

The 4th Estate always has the last word - and they are part of big business and the "free markets" some want to rule the globe for our betterment (ie the Global Financial Crisis, Storm Financial, Opus Prime, Babcock and Brown, Macquarie Bank, HIH, ABC Learning, Westpinnt, Fincorp, Trio Capital and the list of these "free enterprise", no regulation entities that have done the damage they have done goes on and on!).

It is interesting to read the character assassination of Geoff Clarke by Murdoch, Clarke being a litigant against Bolt and Murdoch.

Bolt and Murdoch list actions against Clarke, actions found to have no substance at law and before the Courts.

But the 4th Estate label for their own political, petty retribution and distribution (sales) purposes - as they do with St Kilda FC, but, interestingly, not with the likes of Carlton or Collingwood (who have Krackour and Didak, others involved in assaults plus players suspended for betting so where is the "culture" there? Where is the "culture" of Hawthorn with Matthews as the only VFL/AFL player charged and found guilty of an assault on the field of play? The list goes on and on) - and this is where the questioning should commence.

The damage of this vindictive labelling by the 4th Estate and the pain also caused to individuals impacted is caused to the likes of St Kilda FC (and its staff and its supporters), because every time the 4th Estate refers to St Kilda FC the words "unfortunate culture" are included.

Indeed, I read at "The Age" on-line that the reason this skit was so offensive is because of the "culture" of St Kilda FC, a "culture" which demeans women - then listing the "St Kilda School girl" and Lovett being charged with - but acquitted of - rape.

What limp and insulting reporting.

That is an insult - and the insults should be returned to the incompetent and self serving 4th Estate in spade loads.

Not that they will reproduce such responses, of course.

But in censoring, they will see the weight of opinion against them.

Plus, for their own purposes, they censor contributions including on-line to present broad public acceptance of the views of their proprietors.

The current analysis of on-line contributions as a mass exercise arranged and orchestrated to give an opinion of public acceptance here in the USA is of interest - but is not reported by the media, obviously.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Good points TTT.