Do we overrate our young guns?!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
saint patrick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Reckon Jack Stevens and Siposs will be stars..Ledger ,Walsh ,Stanley and Cripps have real potential..haven't seen enough of Johnston, Simpkin to have an opinion..Watters [ my early tip for our new coach] or someone else will give these kids a chance to develop..thanks for nothing lyin !! :x
And apart from Walsh how could these other kids be played more? And who the hell is Stevens?
Steven ..oh pedantic one..you are a royal pain the arse and any post you contaminate [every second one !!!!]makes it a whole less appealing to revisit !!! :roll: :x

from another thread...
plugger66 wrote:I bet you wouldnt tell him to your fact. Tony Lockett can be an angry man.
Oh dear.

P "glass houses" 66...

Saint Patrick, how dare you get something wrong... :shock: :roll:
Yep i spelt a word wrong. Do it many times but i dont call Nick Dal Santo, Nick Dal Santos. But you have got me. Wow. I will add you to my list.
Actually you got two wrong... "your fact" should have been "his face".

Miles off the mark.

For a long time you have been picking on others for shitty little mistakes to cover up your own inadequacies.

You are a grammatical nightmare, yet when it suits your cause to deflect from another issue, you pick on minor transgressions by others. Stevens is a common mistake by many, as is Reiwoldt and others.

I will add you to my list of - oh hang on you're already top of the pops on THAT list.

The toolshed list.

Really, really tired of reading your crap, as are so many here...

OMG Mick Malthouse has just come on TFS, let us know his current thoughts please from your best mate who is his best man at his wedding vow renewal etc etc...
Yep as I said i make many errors and are picked up on them. You are sick of me. Well i really couldnt give a stuff. I dont have clue who you are and you dont know me. I do know that you dont know much about footy but hey it is always worth a laugh. By the way I have met MM a few times.His son played at my club for a year and yes i do know many people who play sport. Sorry that I dont live a sheltered life like you may. i actually dont understand how people involved in sport dont know many others in sport. I dont call myself lucky for knowing these people, I call myself a normal sporting involved person.

Wow Plugger has got his own club now , can i join ...? Wankers Club maybe not ... :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
saint patrick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Reckon Jack Stevens and Siposs will be stars..Ledger ,Walsh ,Stanley and Cripps have real potential..haven't seen enough of Johnston, Simpkin to have an opinion..Watters [ my early tip for our new coach] or someone else will give these kids a chance to develop..thanks for nothing lyin !! :x
And apart from Walsh how could these other kids be played more? And who the hell is Stevens?
Steven ..oh pedantic one..you are a royal pain the arse and any post you contaminate [every second one !!!!]makes it a whole less appealing to revisit !!! :roll: :x

from another thread...
plugger66 wrote:I bet you wouldnt tell him to your fact. Tony Lockett can be an angry man.
Oh dear.

P "glass houses" 66...

Saint Patrick, how dare you get something wrong... :shock: :roll:
Yep i spelt a word wrong. Do it many times but i dont call Nick Dal Santo, Nick Dal Santos. But you have got me. Wow. I will add you to my list.
Actually you got two wrong... "your fact" should have been "his face".

Miles off the mark.

For a long time you have been picking on others for shitty little mistakes to cover up your own inadequacies.

You are a grammatical nightmare, yet when it suits your cause to deflect from another issue, you pick on minor transgressions by others. Stevens is a common mistake by many, as is Reiwoldt and others.

I will add you to my list of - oh hang on you're already top of the pops on THAT list.

The toolshed list.

Really, really tired of reading your crap, as are so many here...

OMG Mick Malthouse has just come on TFS, let us know his current thoughts please from your best mate who is his best man at his wedding vow renewal etc etc...
Yep as I said i make many errors and are picked up on them. You are sick of me. Well i really couldnt give a stuff. I dont have clue who you are and you dont know me. I do know that you dont know much about footy but hey it is always worth a laugh. By the way I have met MM a few times. His son played at my club for a year and yes i do know many people who play sport. Sorry that I dont live a sheltered life like you may. i actually dont understand how people involved in sport dont know many others in sport. I dont call myself lucky for knowing these people, I call myself a normal sporting involved person.
I give a stuff because as far as I and many are concerned .. you are a cancer on this forum..so you have met MM ..Who gives a fruckin rats arse!!Had to laugh when someone with 22,000 posts of crap talks about someone else leading a sheltered life..iceman knows more about football than you ever will dipstick...will ignore any future comment from you because I know how important any reaction is to you..like a prank caller ...better just to hang up !! :x
see you later. you are all to easy.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
too

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Now, what about these young guns of ours?

I mentioned them once, but I think I got away with it 8-)
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Thu 29 Sep 2011 11:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
too
Thanks. I will remember that in future.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
too
No.

You won't. That's the problem, you don't get it.

You will continue to make those same basic mistakes, yet when it suits your cause and you need an "out" you will get stuck into fair dinkum genuine Saints supporters over a typo like "Stevens" or attack another poster over poor grammar when that poster gives their all for our club.

Boot studder, I will add you to my boot studder list.

Dunny scrubber, I will add you to my dunny scrubber list.

Funny, hilarious stuff that's been done to death by you.

Hang on, I'll add you to that list because you are another person who knows nothing about footy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
too
No.

You won't. That's the problem, you don't get it.

You will continue to make those same basic mistakes, yet when it suits your cause and you need an "out" you will get stuck into fair dinkum genuine Saints supporters over a typo like "Stevens" or attack another poster over poor grammar when that poster gives their all for our club.

Boot studder, I will add you to my boot studder list.

Dunny scrubber, I will add you to my dunny scrubber list.

Funny, hilarious stuff that's been done to death by you.

Hang on, I'll add you to that list because you are another person who knows nothing about footy.
At least try and be original. It isnt a typo when people call Steven, Stevens. But hey have your own little fun. The main thing i dont give a flying fig what anyone thinks about me. I reckon others really get upset though when people actually have a little dig at them. Now go away and ponder.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Now go away and ponder.
Yep.

Consider me pondered.

I will put you at the top of my ponderings list.

Another list topper who knows nothing about football.

But thanks for confirming it. Boot studder, clubroom sweeper.

Again.

:roll: :wink:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Could have easily played younger players....dating back to 2009....

Armitage under played

2010 onwards lynch, walsh, winmar, johnson......limited opportities and games given to pattison, polo, gamble, mini, eddy

Really ross did not feel comfortable playing any kids....did not trust them...notice what happened to stanley as soon as riewoldt retuned from injury....or when push came to shove in the finals with geary (09), mcevoy (2010)

It dates back to 07 when he preffered a 34yo ruckman to giving a younger option a chance

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohh please, please....PLEEEEEEASE do NOT lock this thread

boot studder

chuckle

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It dates back to 07 when he preffered a 34yo ruckman to giving a younger option a chance
I'm still very disappointed that Barry Brooks didn't get more opportunities. After being near BOG in his first full AFL game in round 22, 2006 GT dropped him and he never got another decent go despite tearing up the VFL. He had finally got his body right and was raring to go in 2007, but instead Lyon gets Matthew Clarke out of retirement for about 15 mediocre games in a year that we don't make the finals.

Footy is an incredibly fickle business. If we didn't take Dawson he would only be remembered as the skinny kid who was monstered by Rocca. If Malthouse had less patience with Swan he would have been remembered only as a reckless bogan who got in a fight (instead of one with a brownlow). Hell, if Lyon didn't drop Ball he might have been remembered as a St Kilda premiership player. I can't help but wonder was Brooks could have done if given more opportunity - he had the size, skills, strength, pace and versatility to be a very, very good player.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint patrick wrote:The legacy of Lyon I will never forgive him for...wasn't planning for the longterm because he had other plans..think you are spot on ..we may not have to rebuild as long as the socalled experts are suggesting..2 or 3 more years for Roo,Dal,Monty,Fish and BJ ..The window is still open far enough to feel the dawn of a new spring :wink:
I cant see how RL is responsible for the recruitment of our young kids. And yes we do overate them.
What? We have young players? I'm shocked.

I thought we had a noone under 25 except hacks policy?

Not rosses fault. No, coaches have no responsibilty for player development. Fassolo, menzel, cristensen, sidebottom, reid were all just gifts from god. Nothing to do with coaching.

Seriously plugger66. Are u ross lyons mum? Wake the f*ck up. He was not that great. If u want to back him I'm willing to bet against the dockers in the next 3 years. Put ur money where ur mouth is.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint patrick wrote:The legacy of Lyon I will never forgive him for...wasn't planning for the longterm because he had other plans..think you are spot on ..we may not have to rebuild as long as the socalled experts are suggesting..2 or 3 more years for Roo,Dal,Monty,Fish and BJ ..The window is still open far enough to feel the dawn of a new spring :wink:
I cant see how RL is responsible for the recruitment of our young kids. And yes we do overate them.
What? We have young players? I'm shocked.

I thought we had a noone under 25 except hacks policy?

Not rosses fault. No, coaches have no responsibilty for player development. Fassolo, menzel, cristensen, sidebottom, reid were all just gifts from god. Nothing to do with coaching.

Seriously plugger66. Are u ross lyons mum? Wake the f*ck up. He was not that great. If u want to back him I'm willing to bet against the dockers in the next 3 years. Put ur money where ur mouth is.
What were you smoking last night? Who has ever said RL is a great man. I certainly havent but my guess is you have a few times on here. Couldnt be bothered looking for the quotes though. You are carrying on like a kid who friends move away and then you say you didnt really like him anyway.

I said when it looked like RL may leave that I couldnt give a stuff. We move on and get a coach just as good. That doesnt sound like RL mum. People can say that RL is a prick for leaving but those who have all of a sudden changed history and said he wasnt a good coach are carrying on like the child that loses his friend.

Richter
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Armitage under played
On the subject of Armitage, is anyone else baffled by RL's use of Armo this year?

Picks up 4 Brownlow votes in the first 5 games of the season, and soon after is moved out of the midfield.

What was that inspired coaching switch all about?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

who say that i said that
i not say that
you carry on like child go play with toy i no have friend on here i know care

:twisted: :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
BigMart wrote:Armitage under played
On the subject of Armitage, is anyone else baffled by RL's use of Armo this year?

Picks up 4 Brownlow votes in the first 5 games of the season, and soon after is moved out of the midfield.

What was that inspired coaching switch all about?
Unlike it seems some here, armo may have being going well but the team wasnt. Steven is a cleaner clearance player than Armo and it was decided that he would go into the middle and Armo up forward. People say both could play in the middle and that is probably true but our side lacked forward pressure and Armo certainly suplied that is most games up forward. It may have been a coincidence the the move of Steven into the middle and Armo up forward happened to be when we played our best footy this year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

That is such a poor argument plugger.....

Armitage would have been in the b&f top 5 in the first part of the season....so how is it his issue we were losing...

How about the fact we had

Siposs, cripps, johnson, archer, stanley all getting games.....what does that say about the form of the team

Second half of the season
An easier draw....coupled with the return to form of senior players peake, schnieder, gram, goddard, jones, dempster.....was responsible for the turn around....mainly the easy draw allowed thes players to ramp up...
Mcevoy and steven showed natural progression now getting an extended game...lets not forget dal going through the roof with regards to form

Too simplistic, your view that the move of steven in the middle was responsible for anything....
He was the benfactor of easy draw and team mates in better form....

Armitage will finish 12-15th in the b&f....after being top ten early in the year...

It coincided with his move fwd to an unfamiliar, ridiculous position

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I hope....for our sake

He does the same with morabito.....

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I don't know how anyone can really have an opinion on our young crop...they haven't yet been tested for anything like long enough...

The GLIMPSES we've seen of Ledger, Cripps, and Sipposs should be cause for some joy.

As for the others: how could anyone possibly have a view?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I don't know how anyone can really have an opinion on our young crop...they haven't yet been tested for anything like long enough...

The GLIMPSES we've seen of Ledger, Cripps, and Sipposs should be cause for some joy.

As for the others: how could anyone possibly have a view?
And yet guys such as Sheahan, Hutchy, Maclure & King do.

Just how many Sandy games have these guys seen live :?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's a new season coming up guys, with a new Coach too. Anything can happen.

Let's just hope that the young guys are given opportunities to show their wares - then we will know who can and who can't play.

In hindsight (such a wonderful thing), getting over their injuries will allow them to get in good pre-seasons this year and grow/mature a bit.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:It's a new season coming up guys, with a new Coach too. Anything can happen.

Let's just hope that the young guys are given opportunities to show their wares - then we will know who can and who can't play.

In hindsight (such a wonderful thing), getting over their injuries will allow them to get in good pre-seasons this year and grow/mature a bit.
Good post

bozza1980
Club Player

BigMart wrote:That is such a poor argument plugger.....

Armitage would have been in the b&f top 5 in the first part of the season....so how is it his issue we were losing...

How about the fact we had

Siposs, cripps, johnson, archer, stanley all getting games.....what does that say about the form of the team

Second half of the season
An easier draw....coupled with the return to form of senior players peake, schnieder, gram, goddard, jones, dempster.....was responsible for the turn around....mainly the easy draw allowed thes players to ramp up...
Mcevoy and steven showed natural progression now getting an extended game...lets not forget dal going through the roof with regards to form

Too simplistic, your view that the move of steven in the middle was responsible for anything....
He was the benfactor of easy draw and team mates in better form....

Armitage will finish 12-15th in the b&f....after being top ten early in the year...

It coincided with his move fwd to an unfamiliar, ridiculous position
It's not that simplistic.

It may be incorrect, but it's not necessarilly simplistic.

Armitage may well have been the unluckiest player in the shake-up that followed our 1-6-1 start to the season, it may even have been a red-herring move, but that doesn't make his changed role an incorrect move by Lyon.

What is simplistic, is to down play Steven's form in the back half of the year or to write it all of to the performances of others.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Ross who?
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:It's a new season coming up guys, with a new Coach too. Anything can happen.

+1

Just hope it's not too late for any of our young guys that would have gotten more AFL games elsewhere

Blake Acres fan club VIP
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No.....steven made a massive improvement in HIS output......purely due to time in the middle...

Armitage lost ground due to LESS time in the middle.....

The team gathered momentum......due to a number of things....mainly to improved form of our prime movers....and as i said before

A much easier draw....

ANY player....given MORE opportunity will increase output

Mcevoy....another benefactor of more opportunity when gardiner was unavailable....