Mordy whacks bolt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:Bolt a couple of years back, like many on the right side of politics, was claiming that global warming was a figment of the lefts imagination.
You mean it's not :shock:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: Mordy whacks bolt

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:...I look forward to the likes of David Marr complaining about the 'silencing of dissent'. Somehow I think I'll be waiting a while.
Will this do for the mean time?

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politi ... 1kxba.html

Btw the silencing of dissent and this issue a bit different...

One case is a government bullying people to be quite.

And the other is a court ruling, forcing a jounalist to be accountable...

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Is this about footy........if i want to debate this s*** i'll watch quanda
You don't want to debate it AND you didn't debate it, so what's the beef? Crikey, it's not as if you were dragged into the thread and made to contribute to this s***, as you put it.

What did you think it was about when you clicked on it? How did "Mordi" and "Bolt" in the OP tickle your footballing fancy and bring you in?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
markp
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
desperate saint wrote:Thank you"i love peter Kiel" bringing the facts of the case to light debate from both sides of politics is a sign of a healthy democracy! I trust we are never ruled by the "politically correct''
Cheers, my friend.

Now, await the onslaught from the self-righteous Left!
Bolt didn't help himself with a slew of factual errors and his customary derisive, rabble-rousing tone. I quote:

Bolt was also a sloppy journalist, Bromberg said, that had cynically penned the pieces in a bald-faced attempt to be “destructive of racial toleranceâ€

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:...I look forward to the likes of David Marr complaining about the 'silencing of dissent'. Somehow I think I'll be waiting a while.

It's interesting, Leo, how a few rent-a-quote types poked their bonces up in the media as soon as the judgement came down, banging on about the free speech being dead, democracy in decay, activist judges, blah, blah, blah. Some mob with Menzies in the title even started rattling tins to collect money for Bolt, FFS.

Then some of them bothered to read Mordi's full judgement. Lo and behold a few of 'em then backed off. The judgement is nuanced and balanced the right to free speech which, by the way, is NOT enshrined in any law or the constitution in Oz, with an individual's right to not be subjected to factually incorrect slurs based on ethnicity, religion, etc. The fact Bolt was wrong on the facts but used them in practised language to attack people's motivations, was the guts of why Mordi found as he did.

He didn't find for the plaintiffs on every matter e.g. Bolt's follow up blog.

He did find against dog whistling, though.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol @ people defending Bolt.

Hilarious.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
VERDUN
Club Player

Bolt is biased playing on peoples prejudices - you watch he will try and paint himself as a martyr now - he tries to make the majority feel they are in the minority

i detest how he plays on peoples fears and prejudice :?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:

Are you kidding? David Marr? He complains about Bolt's colourful language but he is far more snide and b*tchy himself. Are you telling me he doesn't bear a grudge against Bolt...the only person who dared to stand up to this intellectual bully on the ABC's Insiders?

PS it's quite laughable seeing Geoff Clark praise the court's ruling when he himself has had some rather delicate problems with the law!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

PS I'll always love Mordy Bromberg the player but it doesn't mean I have support his judgement.
He has a history of left-wing causes such as MUA, etc

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Bolt a couple of years back, like many on the right side of politics, was claiming that global warming was a figment of the lefts imagination.
You mean it's not :shock:
:)

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

VERDUN wrote:Bolt is biased playing on peoples prejudices - you watch he will try and paint himself as a martyr now - he tries to make the majority feel they are in the minority

You mean like Insurance Companies, Banks, Governments???

Personally I don't mind reading his views, possibly not always right, how many of us are? He seemed spot on about Law & Order, Police Command, The Riots in the UK to name 3.

The majority are silent, he does seem to hit an accord with them & does upset a vocal minority who have their own agendas and causes. What's wrong with questioning them, perhaps even playing devil's advocate?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: What's wrong with questioning them, perhaps even playing devil's advocate?
Whats wrong is that is against the laws of the land.

As Marr said, Bolt is damn luck he isn't facing 9 seperate defamation suits against him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Craw
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
As Marr said, Bolt is damn luck he isn't facing 9 seperate defamation suits against him.
A why do you think they did not take this course of action.... would be thrown out in a heartbeat.

Not Craw, CRAW!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

The Craw wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
A why do you think they did not take this course of action.... would be thrown out in a heartbeat.
Wrong!!!!!!! :roll:

They did not take that action because it was never about money.... it's about more than that.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
The Craw
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote: Wrong!!!!!!! :roll:

They did not take that action because it was never about money.... it's about more than that.
You know that as fact do you?

Not Craw, CRAW!
VERDUN
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote:
VERDUN wrote:Bolt is biased playing on peoples prejudices - you watch he will try and paint himself as a martyr now - he tries to make the majority feel they are in the minority

You mean like Insurance Companies, Banks, Governments???

Personally I don't mind reading his views, possibly not always right, how many of us are? He seemed spot on about Law & Order, Police Command, The Riots in the UK to name 3.

The majority are silent, he does seem to hit an accord with them & does upset a vocal minority who have their own agendas and causes. What's wrong with questioning them, perhaps even playing devil's advocate?
bet he will come out as the poor martyr - he is not the devils advocate he is where the power is that is the point - when people disagree with what he says it plays in to his little game...he is a dog whistler of the worst kind playing to peoples fears to make them feel ok.

Once again watch him come out as the martyr and then denigrate those who disagree with him..the majority are not silent he has the damn front page of the Herald Sun and every other newsltd outlet people who disagree with him do not

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
Ummm - no it wouldn't.

Think you may find Justice Bromberg may have enhanced their chances.

Lance or James??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

We really need to appoint a coach soon 8-)

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote: Wrong!!!!!!! :roll:

You know that as fact do you?
Yes. It was about identity. If they had sued him it would be about "greedy do-nothing psuedo-Abo's out for a buck".

This way the point was made without diversionary side-tracks being brought to the fore.

VERDUN
Club Player

well said grumpy one

but we need to appoint a coach sooon!!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

general forum!
ps - marr is worse than bolt, but neither deserves to take up space on the saints footy forum!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Austinnn
Club Player

Well this is bubbling along nicely! I know it's the wrong thing to do on a footy forum, but I'm a sucker for Climate Change Denial!

To all those who agree with Porky Bolt that Climate Change is a hoax, I hope that your views are based on real unconflicted scientific research, not just on the opinions of those with vested interests in continuing the same destructive way of life. People who make their living from logging or mining for example.

I find it amusing that the media people who oppose the idea of man-made Global Warming are always the same people who champion individualism over humanitarian ideas, great outstanding folks like Bolt, Christopher Monckton, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck and James Delingpole. Take a look at some of the other causes they espouse and it's clear that their priority is keeping things the way they've been for the last 100 years. It's also interesting that Rupert Murdoch seems to be paying quite a few of these people's salaries. But they're all different voices, aren't they? :wink:

http://theconversation.edu.au/climate-s ... e-war-1692

It's great that not everyone agrees with everyone, and we need to keep the debate open, but the longer we debate, the later we will act. Some causes don't have the time. I remember MMM FM promoting Saving The Planet in 1989. 22 years later and we're STILL mass debating. Let's hope that the Deniers are right, personally I think they're taking this stance because they percieve that a change of lifestyle is too great a sacrifice for a cause they secretly believe it's too late to act on.

BTW Bolt seems to have packed on a few pounds since I last saw a photo of him. Must be all the truffles that Rupert feeds him.

Don't even get me started on Aboriginal affairs.

Anyway back to the footy, opium of the masses.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The articles were about part aborigines (very small part for some) claiming awards and benefits when everyone else in OUR community cannot claim these things.

Why are aborigines treated differently to everyone else in the community including ticking the relevant boxes on your tax return, etc?

Aren't we ALL Aussies?

Is that being racist. Saying we are ALL Australian? I am, you are, we are Australian!

This is fair dinkum unbelievable!!!

:roll:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Well this is bubbling along nicely! I know it's the wrong thing to do on a footy forum, but I'm a sucker for Climate Change Denial!

To all those who agree with Porky Bolt that Climate Change is a hoax, I hope that your views are based on real unconflicted scientific research, not just on the opinions of those with vested interests in continuing the same destructive way of life. People who make their living from logging or mining for example.

I find it amusing that the media people who oppose the idea of man-made Global Warming are always the same people who champion individualism over humanitarian ideas, great outstanding folks like Bolt, Christopher Monckton, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck and James Delingpole. Take a look at some of the other causes they espouse and it's clear that their priority is keeping things the way they've been for the last 100 years. It's also interesting that Rupert Murdoch seems to be paying quite a few of these people's salaries. But they're all different voices, aren't they? :wink:

http://theconversation.edu.au/climate-s ... e-war-1692

It's great that not everyone agrees with everyone, and we need to keep the debate open, but the longer we debate, the later we will act. Some causes don't have the time. I remember MMM FM promoting Saving The Planet in 1989. 22 years later and we're STILL mass debating. Let's hope that the Deniers are right, personally I think they're taking this stance because they percieve that a change of lifestyle is too great a sacrifice for a cause they secretly believe it's too late to act on.

BTW Bolt seems to have packed on a few pounds since I last saw a photo of him. Must be all the truffles that Rupert feeds him.

Don't even get me started on Aboriginal affairs.

Anyway back to the footy, opium of the masses.
The marrow deep flaw in the logic of the climate deniers, Aussie, is the absolute denial of the scientific process itself. None of 'em, not one, has been able to come up with any credible, peer reviewed research to say the consensus view is wrong in fact or basis.

Here we have an entire cabal, funded by various nefarious idealogues, like the Koch brothers (who also fund the Tea Party in the US), who live in an era of the highest living standards ever, enjoying the fruits of one central strand of human endeavour, science, and choose to deny the output from one channel of a centuries old process that has delivered them the only progress they can comprehend.

If it ain't science that has delivered economically the standard of living enjoyed by the developed world today (and I can hear the whingers gargling), what is it? Every inch of progress has come about because of a basic scientific process. A cycle of observe, measure, hypothesise, test, review, and round we go again, until a consensus is reached and the opportunity to capitalise or mitigate is assessed and executed.

Yet, on this one issue all scientists are supposed to be part of a conspiracy!?!?!? The logic is startling. No, it's not. Power to influence is given to people by the likes of Murdoch based on their ability to incite and excite, irrespective of the merits of their argument or their basic capability. Rupert is 80+ and has never had any interest in anything other than money and power. He is said to be a believer in climate science, yet hires people like Beck et al to perpetuate the incitement. Why? Because he stands for nothing beyond short term, expedient exploitation of people's fears and ignorance. That's how he makes his money, which fuels his influence.

Climate science is nothing new. It's just science and is going through the same process as every other branch of scientific development has gone for centuries.

There is no such thing as a climate change denier. They are science deniers. The whole lot of 'em should shut down their computers, get out of their cars and walk, move into caves, kill animals with their bare hands for food and clothing, stay warm by huddling, or cool by nuding up, seek entertainment from within, communicate by grunting, seek no test, procedure or drug to remedy what ails them, resign from all employment and wander around aimlessly, waiting for the leaders of their social groupings to tell them what to do.

Because, without science, that's where we'd be.

As for there needing to be a debate, those who deny the science should refer back to the Monty Python sketch on arguments. A point of view does not an argument make. It has to have a basis to support it, otherwise it's just words, usually badly constructed words.

This "debate" about climate science and the supposed right of everyone to have a view, irrespective of whether they can even get within the same postcode as knowledge and logical objectivity, was best summed up by one person who The Autralian had write an opinion piece on why the science of climate change was wrong.

They had Archvaticansycophant George Pell lecture their readers via an opinion piece on why climate science was wrong. In that one fell swoop they encapsulated their opinion of logical, thoughtful processes as surmountable by the power of voodoo. That's how they regard their readers.

Bolt works for the same organisation. Q.E.D.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:The articles were about part aborigines (very small part for some) claiming awards and benefits when everyone else in OUR community cannot claim these things.

Why are aborigines treated differently to everyone else in the community including ticking the relevant boxes on your tax return, etc?

Aren't we ALL Aussies?

Is that being racist. Saying we are ALL Australian? I am, you are, we are Australian!

This is fair dinkum unbelievable!!!

:roll:
Might have something to do with stealing their land?

Just a suggestion.....