Saints set to begin interviews

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote: I do believe that we have an exceptional interview panel in place and I trust them to come up with the ABSOLUTE BEST coach available !!

If the St kilda board's coach selection committee consisted of Mr Bean, Forrest Gump, Gomer Pyle, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, The Two Ronnies, The Three Stooges and Monty Python's Flying circus, you'd still be congratulating/brown nosing the board for putting such an exceptional interview panel in place!

:roll:

It's amazing Barks...do you ever have anything good to say about the club?

Since the decision to move to Seaford you have complained continually that something could have been organised and how dare players have to drive extra to get to training! My god I wonder what those boys who live in Melbourne and play for Geelong think???? Oh and I reckon Big Mac would have big issues considering he would have had to drive an 1 hour to training and an hour back to training with the Bushies.

2 months ago Lyon was wasting the talent that we had in the reserves in the form of Walsh and he needed to play him.

And now since Lyon they guy who wouldn't play who YOU wanted walked its all the CLUBS FAULT!!!!

Ever anything positive to say about our coaching staff board?

Or are you only happy when there is something to complain about?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
matrix
Saintsational Legend

too much snow of the roof

causes brain freezing

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:We could do worse than Eade.

Did a good job with average cattle.
Plays a more attacking style.
The players might respond to it and get another lease on life?
Agree. With this group he could be a good fit. Not afraid to make hard decisions/changes either and we need some of those.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:So how can Michael Roberts say it's down to 3 if they haven't started interviewing?
complete garbarge. no way they are down to 3. the interview process will run its full course.

for the record i rate choco above eade. not that it matters i guess.

saintlee
Club Player

Ken Hinkley is the front-runner according to Herald Sun:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... 6149028582

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Latest from the Hun (not sure if posted elsewhere)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... 6149028582

"GOLD Coast assistant coach Ken Hinkley will interview for the St Kilda coaching job.

The Herald Sun understands the Saints have asked Hinkley to present to the club’s coach selection panel.

Industry sources have endorsed Hinkley as the likely front-runner for the job vacated by new Fremantle boss Ross Lyon....."

saintlee
Club Player

we know for sure that the Saints are interviewing Hinkley, Eade, Rob Harvey and Watters......you'd expect Cameron to also be interviewed but haven't seen this confirmed anywhere yet.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Spoke to a closely Suns-connected person this morn... Their oil was along the lines of 'you have to be seen to be interested otherwise you're forever labelled as unwilling.' That is, Hinkley is not really all that keen to uproot his family again but will have a chat regardless. He also said Hinkley is very close to Ablett and as we know the Suns will do everything in their power to make Gary happy.

I'd be surprised if Ken were the man. On reflection, though, at least he has a bit of sparkle and wit about him.

We could always have a dip at getting this dude in:

Last edited by Thinline on Wed 28 Sep 2011 2:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintlee
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Spoke to a closely Suns-connected person this morn... Their oil was along the lines of 'you have to be seen to be interested otherwise you're forever labelled as unwilling.' That is, Hinkley is not really all that keen to uproot his family again but will have a chat regardless. He also said Hinkley is very close to Ablett and as we know the Suns will do everything in their power to make Gary happy.

I'd be surprised if Ken were the man. On reflection, though, at least he has a bit of personality.
If he's been named the front-runner by the media, then we know Hinkley won't get the gig.....in each case this year, the so-called favourate hasn't been selected.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I read that article and my thougths were...

Ray and Jones for Barlow...

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I read that article and my thougths were...

Ray and Jones for Barlow...
oooo id like that

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

surely there is no front runner or favourite.
everyone interviewd will start even.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Con Gorozidis wrote:surely there is no front runner or favourite.
everyone interviewd will start even.
Bugger..... I started odd..... :(

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Industry sources suggest Ray's market value is about $350,000 a season, with Dawson's $250,000 to $300,000.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z1ZDeJOKEo

Haha, Dawson worth 250 - 300k! :shock:

Please Ross, take him off our hands!!

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
SainterK wrote:Few interesting comments in that article, Freo been interested in Farren for awhile now, and Zac remains sought after.
If those 2 are on that type of coin I say cash 'em in and give us some space in cap. Might be able to afford a mid range player even :D
Yep - reckon we can get Polo to butcher the ball just as well as Ray in that position.

We get Lenny back and we can free up a spot for Polo in Rays position. We lose nothing in disposal and gain $350k 8-)
Ray's a lot better and more valuable to us than Polo.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: We could always have a dip at getting this dude in:

GOLD!

Sign him up immediately!

Warning..... for those who don't like foul language.....DO NOT WATCH!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are the same idiots who bungled our negotiations with Ross.....the very same we trust to grab the best options going forward....

Our football dept. Are a bunch of clowns who continually set us back with dumb decisions...

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

BigMart commented :
Are the same idiots who bungled our negotiations with Ross.....the very same we trust to grab the best options going forward....

Our football dept. Are a bunch of clowns who continually set us back with dumb decisions...
The broader Coaching Panel looks ok to me, but I am with you BigMart, on the management ineffectiveness and lack of professionalism within the Saints, which has cost us dearly over recent years. Looking ahead, it really worries me, as we need to be at the top of the game to get ourselves back up. From poor recruiting, huge coaching movement, a Club financial loss after some very good on-field years (and profits).

Commercial companies would not put up with it and would have better people in place, or moved people on more quickly.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote: We could always have a dip at getting this dude in:

that's the best thing i've ever seen !

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
We could always have a dip at getting this dude in:

That's very funny, this bloke not big on tactics

I love this club
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Fantastic video that.

Sums up our experiences playing footy at an amatuer level.

I love the part about the woman running the marathon. f****** inpsiring. :)

Beekay
SS Life Member

ralphsmith wrote:
I love the part about the woman running the marathon
f@!#ing crawled... to the uh f@#ng finish line.. i couldn't stop lol

kaos theory
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Are the same idiots who bungled our negotiations with Ross.....the very same we trust to grab the best options going forward....

That's the sort of nonsensical rant I'd expect from b4e.

He lost millions in the gfc, he was driven purely by money. I assume he was desperate, given he moved back with parents. Why should the club bend over and give him whatever he wants?

Both he and the club agreed to wait. He had his management go into negotiations with us in good faith, and we agreed a deal with his management.

How are we supposed to know he was two-faced?

If he was an honest bloke, he should have said, "look I want $1.2mill/yr for 4 yrs, or I will walk." Truth is he he isn't honest & used us as a bargaining chip with other clubs.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If the club was to sign up MM I'm out. I could never support anyone of low moral integrity and simply won't, I love the club but if it willingly taints itself with a dishonest weirdo like MM then it will lose me and others of similar outlook.
For EG do you blindly support anything that goes against your personal values ? I fell sorry for anyone that does.
Don't give me the club is bigger than the individual bull s***, if the club goes against what I believe to be moral then I will leave. I support the players and realise that it is not their doing and will continue to do so and would resign as a member when all at admin level responsible for lowering their colours have left.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote: I do believe that we have an exceptional interview panel in place and I trust them to come up with the ABSOLUTE BEST coach available !!

If the St kilda board's coach selection committee consisted of Mr Bean, Forrest Gump, Gomer Pyle, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, The Two Ronnies, The Three Stooges and Monty Python's Flying circus, you'd still be congratulating/brown nosing the board for putting such an exceptional interview panel in place!

:roll:
Your challenge

Name a better panel or put up or shut up !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!