Mordy whacks bolt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Mordy whacks bolt

I know its not footy related but he did play for the club .
its good to see judge Mordy bromberg give columnist andrew bolt a whack , i don't disagree with everything that bolt says however i do believe he appeals to much to the right wing neo-nazi's in society.

Austinnn
Club Player

I definitely DO disagree with everything Bolt says, and am extra glad it was an old Saint which took him down a peg. Anyone who enjoys breathing clean air and abhors oppression of the country's oldest and newest communities should celebrate any chapter in this worm's demise...

However, this forum is about footy, not politics, and since there are some right-wing Saints fans on this forum, I suppose we should keep focused on the subject which unites us, rather than those which divide us.

Still, I got my 2 cents in before the mods locked! ;) Nice one, Mordy, here's to ya!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

He should be locked up for his political bias alone.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
chook23
Saintsational Legend

terrible day for free speech

like or dislike him

Swinburne University journalism lecturer Andrew Dodd said the court's decision would damage free speech.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6149096809

prob should be general forum

saint4life
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:terrible day for free speech

like or dislike him

Swinburne University journalism lecturer Andrew Dodd said the court's decision would damage free speech.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6149096809

prob should be general forum
It's not his fault really, the media has not only allowed him to spew his biased political & racist beliefs on prime time but has elevated him in the industry.
If he is not on the liberal payroll then the Pope isn't a Catholic.
One Saint supporter has beaten me to the punch ;)

markp
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:terrible day for free speech
Yep, especially if you want to make stuff up and racially vilify people.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

While this decision may, or may not, damage free speech, let's not kid ourselves we have free speech with no limits. And, nor should we have.

People like Bolt like to bang on about their right to free speech. The day News Corp gives the same access to media to those with opposing views to Bolt and his ilk, then I might listen.

But, while News Corp continue to cherry pick "speech" according to their own poxy agenda, the odd constraint on people like Bolt is welcome.

And, until Bolt and his ilk stop dressing up opinion and fallacy as fact let them be pulled up occasionally.

I always valued Mordi's contributions.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:...However, this forum is about footy, not politics, and since there are some right-wing Saints fans on this forum, I suppose we should keep focused on the subject which unites us, rather than those which divide us...
Ha! On that basis we should stick with politics. I love the way Bolt is now claiming that he has been silenced. Silenced? He gets about four pages in the HUN, he's on Talk At radio, has his own TV show, which is repeated more times than Gilligan's Island, and he has his own blogging empire. You can't go to the loo without him yelling his opinions at you.

I'm all for free speech, everybody's not just his. When he and the HUN decide to give equal space to those who he has vilified through his hate rants then I'll believe that he's a changed man. I reckon hell will freeze over way before that though.

markp
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:While this decision may, or may not, damage free speech, let's not kid ourselves we have free speech with no limits. And, nor should we have.

People like Bolt like to bang on about their right to free speech. The day News Corp gives the same access to media to those with opposing views to Bolt and his ilk, then I might listen.

But, while News Corp continue to cherry pick "speech" according to their own poxy agenda, the odd constraint on people like Bolt is welcome.

And, until Bolt and his ilk stop dressing up opinion and fallacy as fact let them be pulled up occasionally.

I always valued Mordi's contributions.
Yup, I recently saw a doco about people pretending to be war veterans in the States... they can't be stopped because it would violate their freedom of speech.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

And the yanks have the good Rev Phelps from the Westboro Baptist Church just to emphasise how free speech can go completely crazy - he can't be stopped, either.

Funny how they were able to override their constitution's inalienable right to free speech using the Patriot Act.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is this about footy........if i want to debate this s*** i'll watch quanda

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Is this about footy........if i want to debate this s*** i'll watch quanda
Or you could go the General Forum:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=72952

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Re: Mordy whacks bolt

mr six o'clock wrote:I know its not footy related but he did play for the club .
its good to see judge Mordy bromberg give columnist andrew bolt a whack , i don't disagree with everything that bolt says however i do believe he appeals to much to the right wing neo-nazi's in society.
That is really laughable comparing Bolt to a neo-Nazi. If you knew anything about him or read any of his stuff you would know that he is opposed to totalitarianism of all kinds.

He has not said anything remotely racist. He merely pointed out the fact that there are some people who have one indigenous ancestor and who choose to identify themselves as Aboriginal for their own advantage. He has not sought to deny them that right. He has merely stated a fact.
If you have one German ancestor, and the rest are Scottish, Irish, italian, English, Welsh...does that make you German?
Why does Aboriginality outweigh everything else?

I look forward to the likes of David Marr complaining about the 'silencing of dissent'. Somehow I think I'll be waiting a while.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
desperate saint
Club Player

Thank you"i love peter Kiel" bringing the facts of the case to light debate from both sides of politics is a sign of a healthy democracy! I trust we are never ruled by the "politically correct''

Desperate Saint
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

desperate saint wrote:Thank you"i love peter Kiel" bringing the facts of the case to light debate from both sides of politics is a sign of a healthy democracy! I trust we are never ruled by the "politically correct''
Cheers, my friend.

Now, await the onslaught from the self-righteous Left!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If you don't like a columnist then don't read them.

It's simple really.

Works for me with Phillip Adams 8-)

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Mordy whacks bolt

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:.....Its good to see judge Mordy bromberg give columnist andrew bolt a whack , i don't disagree with everything that bolt says however i do believe he appeals to much to the right wing neo-nazi's in society.
That is really laughable comparing Bolt to a neo-Nazi. If you knew anything about him or read any of his stuff you would know that he is opposed to totalitarianism of all kinds.

He has not said anything remotely racist. He merely pointed out the fact that there are some people who have one indigenous ancestor and who choose to identify themselves as Aboriginal for their own advantage. He has not sought to deny them that right. He has merely stated a fact.
If you have one German ancestor, and the rest are Scottish, Irish, italian, English, Welsh...does that make you German?
Why does Aboriginality outweigh everything else?

I look forward to the likes of David Marr complaining about the 'silencing of dissent'. Somehow I think I'll be waiting a while.
This. Comparing Bolt to the neo-nazi element - yes that makes sense...... :shock:
Should be in Gen Forum.
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 29 Sep 2011 12:08am, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

You've just proved you've never read him.
No one said you have to agree with him.
I usually don't agree with Bill Maher, David Marr, Robert Manne, Keysar Trad, Michael Leunig or Germaine Greer.
Part of living in a democracy should be the right to free speech.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:You've just proved you've never read him.
I usually don't agree with Bill Maher, David Marr, Robert Manne, Keysar Trad, Michael Leunig or Germaine Greer.
Are you talking to me ? I was agreeing with you - there, I've added the shock icon :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 29 Sep 2011 12:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yes, despite what some people think Bolt is capable of seeing both sides of an argument.

I mean, it's not like he's barks4eva or something :wink:

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
Are you talking to me ? I was agreeing with you - there, I've added the shock icon :shock:
Cheers!

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
desperate saint wrote:Thank you"i love peter Kiel" bringing the facts of the case to light debate from both sides of politics is a sign of a healthy democracy! I trust we are never ruled by the "politically correct''
Cheers, my friend.

Bolt didn't help himself with a slew of factual errors and his customary derisive, rabble-rousing tone. I quote:

Bolt was also a sloppy journalist, Bromberg said, that had cynically penned the pieces in a bald-faced attempt to be “destructive of racial toleranceâ€

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I like his stance on the global warming hoax.

He's off the rails on some things but right On the money on many.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Cheers, my friend.

Bolt didn't help himself with a slew of factual errors and his customary derisive, rabble-rousing tone. I quote:

Bolt was also a sloppy journalist, Bromberg said, that had cynically penned the pieces in a bald-faced attempt to be “destructive of racial toleranceâ€