Brownlow - could it be Nick Dal Santo?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Back on track now.

Great effort by Dal to come outright second. Well above media darlings Goodes, Judd and Pendleberry. I did have a look on the HS and Age website and there was not 1 single article looking at Dals chances at Charlie at all which personally I think is a joke.

Dal goes about his buisness quietly and IMHO doesnt get the props he deserves. At least we know how good he really is.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:you know everyone
is that you Andrew???
I dont know you. And I dont know Swan. As I said believe what you like.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

At least Swan doesn't eye gouge, bite or scratch like some other brownlow medalists

Newman
Club Player

I reckon if Dal's arms were virtually covered with ugly tatts you'd pick up a few extra votes. Don't tell me that your physical appearance doesn't help. Not saying that Swan and others aren't stars but a bald head, a Johnny Platten hairstyle or a stack of tatts is always gonna help your cause. So plain old Dal (and I mean that in the nicest way) did fantastic.

Lounge

White Winmar wrote:How did Swan find the time to win a Brownlow, what in between getting drunk, bashing disabled cleaners and getting his body coloured in like the true bogan piece of sh*t he is? Dal Santo was robbed! Ironically by a piece of bogan filth from colonwood. Oh the irony!
"Ironicaly"... "Oh the Irony"? Do you know the actual meaning of Irony?

You do know that your comment is actually saying that Dal Santo is (your words here, not mine) a "piece of bogan filth" right?

Children shouldn't be let near the internet. Swan is a deserved winner.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Just shows how much of a barometer Dal actually is. His best games were our best games, hence the votes. I picked Dal for top 5. Considering the first month or two of his season, he did a brilliant job to finish where he finished.

I hate how everywhere it says he finished 3rd in the Brownlow. I mean, had Swan not been up there, we wouldn't say Dal finished 2nd. Ineligible players should definitely not be in the list, sure, tally their votes, but don't include them in the list.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest swan had an average year by his standards..... midyear he was sent away to find some fitness and freshen up due to struggling....he came back with a bang and dominated the last ten weeks

But his early votes were a bit lucky....maybe the umps were sent a message by big eddie, or remembered how much tney f***ed up

Last year he was clear favourite and was the best player in the afl.....and should have won by ten votes

Swqn will only finish 3rd at best in collingwoods b&f behind pendlebury and cloke.....and was behind judd, mitchell, ablett, goodes, murphy, pendlebury, cox for impact this year

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed with those that got rubbed out not being included in the overall standings
if mitchell had finished first he wouldnt be able take it out, so he cant finish first then can he?
so therefore he cannot finish second, third or thirty third

you cant have it both ways
if you cant finish in one possie you cant finish in another

its the best and fairest of the league
so he cannot finish second in the best and fairest can he....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Back on track now.

Great effort by Dal to come outright second. Well above media darlings Goodes, Judd and Pendleberry. I did have a look on the HS and Age website and there was not 1 single article looking at Dals chances at Charlie at all which personally I think is a joke.

Dal goes about his buisness quietly and IMHO doesnt get the props he deserves. At least we know how good he really is.

BANG BANG
The thing that worries the media about Dal is he is the Human Time Machine.

When he has the ball, time slows down and space appears from nowhere.

He is magician of sorts.

Perhaps he could do some magic tricks on those journos that forgot to rate him? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:agreed with those that got rubbed out not being included in the overall standings
if mitchell had finished first he wouldnt be able take it out, so he cant finish first then can he?
so therefore he cannot finish second, third or thirty third

you cant have it both ways
if you cant finish in one possie you cant finish in another

its the best and fairest of the league
so he cannot finish second in the best and fairest can he....
Yeah, glad you picked that up, ineligible to win, but eligible to come second doesn't really make sense...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!