I guess I'm going to have to do a "Ross Lyon"????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

I guess I'm going to have to do a "Ross Lyon"????

Just been watching the Australian Share Market continue to go southward and my self managed superfund is looking very sick. I've caught the Ross Lyon disease......... poor investments, all that I have worked for disappearing before my eyes :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now I have a family to look after. They consist of a rescued greyhound, a pedigree russian blue cat, a motely old tortishell moggie of uncertain lineage, and not to mention a family of about 10 magpies who badger me for food scraps each time I walk out my door. This is where my loyalty lie. Keeping my odd little family in the comfortable lifestyle they are accustomed to.

So "In Ross We Trust" has shown me how to bite the bullet. Just give the St Kilda Football Club the heave ho, and heave ho into Freo membership. :P

I have analysed the negatives of staying a Saints member.

Living in Perth it costs me a lot to be a Social Club member.......... and hey I might get to see them play over here once or twice a year. But I still have to go into a ballot to see if I'm lucky enough to jag a ticket that I'm entitled to. If not I have to try to get one of the 2000 tickets that is released to the WA public at the last minute.............. plus I have to pay for that as well.

Then when I take my yearly trip to see the Saints play during the mid year. I have to factor in the cost of plane flights, accommodation/meals, boarding fees for my furry family and buying winter woollies to keep me warm and dry whilst in Melbourne (we don't have winter so to speak in Perth - definitely no need for woollies or thermals!!)

Added to all this is the expense of finals time. It is been a nuisance over the years the Saints being so successful. :shock: My credit card takes a real hammering then and that further impacts on my sad looking superfund. It also means I have to get to the Saints merchandise shop and spend, spend, spend on gear to deck out for the finals. Not to mention the extra dollars I have to find to have copious drinks in that upstairs bar at the Richmond Hotel with all those crazy Saintsational posters.

Now if I did "A Ross Lyon" and turned my back on St Kilda and become a Freo member I could possibly get myself back into a better financial position and look after my struggling family.

I could get better monetary value for my Freo membership. I could get to see them play live every second week. And with that ticket I get a free train ride to Subi.

I don't think I will have to worry about the expense of finals trips to Melbourne in the near future. It may take the Dockers some time to learn to lose their free flowing style play and adapt to going backwards then sideways before venturing forward.

I could watch them train at an oval that is surrounded by coffee shops (Not like Seaford). :P :P

Another thing that may assist me to make this momentus change in my life, is supporter attitude. Now sadly I have been reading on this site a tendancy by some supporters to delist any player over a certain age, rather than consider the value of that player to the TEAM. It worries me that such ageism also may creep into the valueing of ageing supporters contributions. This ole girl is getting a "little long in the tooth now", and maybe you will toss me aside too, so I had better use my get out clause and toss you in first.

There is that great feminist poem to ageing "When I Grow Old I Will Wear Purple". At least I if heavo ho in with the Docker's mob I'll at long last have an excuse to wear purple :P :P :P :P :P

Another thing that will help this ageing lady. I can confidently predict I can go to the footy now and have a little nap during play. I'm sure "Ross the New Boss" will have Freo playing that boring shut down game consistently that will allow us senior supporters to have a little nod off because nothing exciting will be happening during long periods of the game.

Also I notice in my share portfolio I have Wesfarmers and Woodside languishing there ..... wow they are Freo sponsors. Now if I get to chat to the right people at the club I may get a bit of inside info :wink: :wink: :wink: nod. nod!!!!!!!!!!

So "In Ross We Trust" thank you........... you are showing me how I can turn my back on loyalty, take on a new team and financially look after my family.

There is only one problem:

I signed into the ethos of "FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS" in the 1950's

How can I in all conscience turn my back on that for money?

Sorry Bailey, Kiska & Tess (my pets) it's mince for tea tonight. Maybe the share market will pick up soon and you can have seafood and steak again in the near future. :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

"I like it loris, I like it a lot"

SteveStevens66
Club Player

wonderful!! :D

Carna Saints!!!
howlinwolf
Club Player

The Board should take a long, considered read of your post Loris and then
they might understand what it means to some of us.
It should mean more than just an income to them.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

So Loris, would you knock back an extra 4.9 million dollars :?:

7.5 million for FIVE YEARS

2.6 million for FOUR YEARS

What would you do?

And particularly so after the same board had insisted on GET OUT CLAUSES whereby the contract can be terminated at any time!

When they refuse an offer of four years in April

Then appoint Pelchen and give him authority over Lyon

and six months later offer a two year extension with conditions> GET OUT CLAUSE

before finally agreeing to what they rejected six months earlier!

You'd have to be insane to want to stay when another club offers you that much coin without all the shenanigans and conditions!

How anyone can blame Lyon is mystifying!

Please, try to keep it real!

Cheers

8-)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:So Loris, would you knock back an extra 4.9 million dollars :?:

7.5 million for FIVE YEARS

2.6 million for FOUR YEARS

What would you do?

And particularly so after the same board had insisted on GET OUT CLAUSES whereby the contract can be terminated at any time!

When they refuse an offer of four years in April

Then appoint Pelchen and give him authority over Lyon

and six months later offer a two year extension with conditions> GET OUT CLAUSE

before finally agreeing to what they rejected six months earlier!

You'd have to be insane to want to stay when another club offers you that much coin without all the shenanigans and conditions!

How anyone can blame Lyon is mystifying!

Please, try to keep it real!

Cheers

8-)
You on this one as well Barks? :roll: :roll: :roll:

By the way, your Business Plan in regards to what you will do after you sack the Board still hasn't arrived. Are you sure you posted it to me?