BJ news

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

suss
Club Player

degruch wrote:
suss wrote:I find his honesty refreshing. Essentially he's willing to admit that if they offer him truckloads more than what he's on, then he'd considerate it. There's nothing wrong with that and he'd be a nong if he didn't.
Still, we're applauding that now? Geez, things have changed over the last week or two, haven't they?
Read all my posts over the past week and you'll find that i've been very consistent: I have no problem with why Lyon left, I have a problem with how Lyon left. Any person offered a lot more than what they're on is entitled to consider it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
BigMart wrote:If he leaves..... We are back to our historical cultural ways....

Unable to hold our best
Serious? Far out, if he leaves its because he's been offerred a truck load of cash and thats pretty much it. It has nothing to do with our historical cultural ways! :roll:
Agree, you're forgetting BM, we have NDS and Gilbert re-signed already, plus Roo's not going anywhere...there'll be more to come. Yes, BJ is the biggest fish, but we haven't lost everything without him. The only thing that rings of the 'old days' will be GWS and GCFC replacing Carlton and Hawthorn, throwing cash at our top players - hopefully we won't be on our 3rd wooden spoon with players flying out the door.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
degruch wrote:
suss wrote:I find his honesty refreshing. Essentially he's willing to admit that if they offer him truckloads more than what he's on, then he'd considerate it. There's nothing wrong with that and he'd be a nong if he didn't.
Still, we're applauding that now? Geez, things have changed over the last week or two, haven't they?
Read all my posts over the past week and you'll find that i've been very consistent: I have no problem with why Lyon left, I have a problem with how Lyon left. Any person offered a lot more than what they're on is entitled to consider it.
I understand Lyon going too, doesn't mean I like it...and I shouldn't be alone. I won't be applauding anyone that jumps for cash. If grabbing the Saints jumper and punching his chest is all an act, I'd be VERY surprised...if it is, and he goes for a wad of cash, I'd be more than disappointed, I'd be absolutely disgusted...just can't see it happening.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

:) you know what I really liked

after the initial barrage he had some FUN....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sometimes you can chase premierships, and get further away from them (hello Nathan Buckley)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Sometimes you can chase premierships, and get further away from them (hello Nathan Buckley)

And Leigh Colbert.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

is it just us?
always reading the worst into things?
for gawd sake stop worrying so much.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hmmmm
interesting

heard that he...never mind

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:hmmmm
interesting

heard that he...never mind
Paul?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

:?:
huh k?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote::?:
huh k?
Roos :wink:

Nevermind. :lol:

SA1NTER
Club Player

I will be extremely surprised now if he isn't gawn by 2013.

Maybe we're all just paranoid right now....but it doesn't sound good. :cry:

We are St. Kilda
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im sure most of us have heard stories from people involved with clubs
somehow

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Make him skipper now.

Speaking of which.... Gws are yet to announce a skipper. They must have someone in mind..... Who can it be ? Must be someone still playing ?

westy
Club Player

PARANOIA is sickening

I'm livin' in a madhouse
defacto
Club Player

if goddard was going it would have been announced by now. our seasons over.

he aint going anywhere for the 2012 season. he may go at the end of next season though. but i think we'll through him the captaincy for 2013.

Austinnn
Club Player

Oh boo hoo.

If we wait till this time next year, free trade kicks in and he'll be a year older.

He's one of the few players on our list with any kind of currency.

We have had a few poor drafts lately and there is a severe lack of 2nd rung talent coming through.

Though he's a great player and our team won't be nearly as strong without him and he's in the peak of his career, and with the right body management could go another 8 years like Harves, he is just ONE man, and contrary to the opinion of many panicky posters here, our club will NOT BE GONE if he goes.

The club stands a chance. of losing him for nothing anyway, so they can either be reactive like they seemed to be with Lyon, or they can be pro-active and try and turn this negative into a positive by getting a few gun kids for him, a la Plugger Lockett.

I'll be happy if he stays or goes. This is real now, no more fairytales.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
groupie1
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
BigMart wrote:If he leaves..... We are back to our historical cultural ways....

Unable to hold our best
Serious? Far out, if he leaves its because he's been offerred a truck load of cash and thats pretty much it. It has nothing to do with our historical cultural ways! :roll:
I agree, daft post. What is a historical cultural way? Is it something that is both historical and cultural, or historically cultural, or culturally historic? Or you mean historic and cultural.

And 'Unable to hold our best'... Wonder what Doc Baldock and Robert Harvey have to say about that.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

maybe we should trade every player before their contract is up, and if we did trade BJ for some kids we should trade them as well, straight away, because they might go.

heck we should live in fear forever.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I believe BJ will receive an offer for 2013 onwards. I believe it will be a very big offer. I believe he will be sorely tempted by that offer.

However I also believe that any decision to stay or go will be largely based on what happens to the Saints in this period of transition.

Predictions of a slide under a new coach who has not even been named. How could BJ even know what he wants to do yet?

If we do a Geelong he may well remain a Saint. If we do a Port it probably makes sense to go.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
suss wrote:
degruch wrote:
I understand Lyon going too, doesn't mean I like it...and I shouldn't be alone. I won't be applauding anyone that jumps for cash. If grabbing the Saints jumper and punching his chest is all an act, I'd be VERY surprised...if it is, and he goes for a wad of cash, I'd be more than disappointed, I'd be absolutely disgusted...just can't see it happening.
Back in the 80s both Hawthorn and Carlton threw money at St Kilda for players and the club took it becuase the club had no working cash flow. They were insolvent. It was a completley different situation.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ross who?
Club Player

StNoodles wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:
Armoooo wrote:My take, he is a 90% chance of being at GWS in 2013.
10% chance of him being there in 2012.

We need to be prepared that BJ could go.
The club should strongly considering trading now then before free-agency takes affect.
Agreed, but is he tradeable if contracted?
If clubs and player all agree to trade contracts mean sweet FA

Blake Acres fan club VIP
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Oh boo hoo.

If we wait till this time next year, free trade kicks in and he'll be a year older.

He's one of the few players on our list with any kind of currency.

We have had a few poor drafts lately and there is a severe lack of 2nd rung talent coming through.

Though he's a great player and our team won't be nearly as strong without him and he's in the peak of his career, and with the right body management could go another 8 years like Harves, he is just ONE man, and contrary to the opinion of many panicky posters here, our club will NOT BE GONE if he goes.

The club stands a chance. of losing him for nothing anyway, so they can either be reactive like they seemed to be with Lyon, or they can be pro-active and try and turn this negative into a positive by getting a few gun kids for him, a la Plugger Lockett.

I'll be happy if he stays or goes. This is real now, no more fairytales.
Agree,

this is the reality we now have to face. the sky won't fall in, if he leaves, and if he goes to GWS in 2013 we get excellent draft picks to help in the future, not a bad thing to happen. Better then what happened with Ball.

Snakeman66
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:I believe BJ will receive an offer for 2013 onwards. I believe it will be a very big offer. I believe he will be sorely tempted by that offer.

However I also believe that any decision to stay or go will be largely based on what happens to the Saints in this period of transition.

Predictions of a slide under a new coach who has not even been named. How could BJ even know what he wants to do yet?

If we do a Geelong he may well remain a Saint. If we do a Port it probably makes sense to go.
He needs to be made captain for next year.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He will be Captain next season. Just a matter of which team!