Sumich throws his hat in the ring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The important message in today's HUN article.....

JOHN WORSFOLD IS UNCONTRACTED

Would certainly be giving his management a call next week. Surely "due diligence" says we must give him a call.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I'm glad Sumich is keen on the job. The more people who apply the merrier.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Saints94
SS Life Member

Didnt he apply back in 06 aswell?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Suma would be good because he could teach our forwards how to kick.

But seriously we don't need a good coach we just need a really cheap one and he should be good with twitter and Apple Mac technology so he can communicate well with his bunch of prima donnas.
Who are the prima donnas to which you refer, hero?
Any AFL footballer on more than 100k/annum and under the age of 30, penis eater.
Really? Did you really just call someone that? How old are you? 10?
He started it

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Suma would be good because he could teach our forwards how to kick.

But seriously we don't need a good coach we just need a really cheap one and he should be good with twitter and Apple Mac technology so he can communicate well with his bunch of prima donnas.
Any AFL footballer on more than 100k/annum and under the age of 30, penis eater.
So pretty much all footballers are prima donnas, nut nuzzler?
I reckon most of them are, knob jockey.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I respectfully disagree, sausage saddler.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So you think most teenage kids that are picked up by the AFL don't think the world doesn't revolve around them...yeah right, chicken farker.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So you think most teenage kids that are picked up by the AFL don't think the world doesn't revolve around them...yeah right, chicken farker.
Man, I F*** ONE chicken...

FWIW no I don't.

In fact I find little comfort in any sweeping generalisations, hence my original post in your direction, ar$e swab.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Man, I F*** ONE chicken...

FWIW no I don't.

In fact I find little comfort in any sweeping generalisations, hence my original post in your direction, ar$e swab.
Sorry for the generalisation. I'm usually very direct and accurate with "tions" but today I'm feeling loose.

FWIW I think that most AFL players think that they are pretty sh1t hot. Why wouldn't they, flea bag.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:Didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this, but that gregarious cheerful excellent media performer Mick Malthouse has thrown Maxxies hat in the ring
"Maxie Hudghton is the rage at the moment," Malthouse said on Thursday.

"He could be going back home (to St Kilda).

"He could be the one that's the dark horse, or Scott Watters."

Malthouse said the Magpies would adapt if they made next week's grand final, but also lost an assistant coach.

"If Scott or Maxie Hudghton became their senior coach and it happens that quickly, well that's the way it is," he said
Comments?
No chance. Max is only part time and an assitant to an assistant. We might as well get Harves.

Mick is talking through his arse.

IMO, my prefernces in order are:

Hinkley
Watters

Richardson
Cameron
Sumich
Eade

I'm completly guessing...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintlee
Club Player

PaytonPlace wrote:Didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this, but that gregarious cheerful excellent media performer Mick Malthouse has thrown Maxxies hat in the ring

Malthouse said the Magpies would adapt if they made next week's grand final, but also lost an assistant coach.

"If Scott or Maxie Hudghton became their senior coach and it happens that quickly, well that's the way it is," he said
Comments?
Story up on The Age now:

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... 1kmh2.html

I hadn't considered Maxy before now.....that'd be an interesting choice....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

Comments?
No chance. Max is only part time and an assitant to an assistant. We might as well get Harves.

Mick is talking through his arse.

IMO, my prefernces in order are:

Hinkley
Watters

Richardson
Cameron
Sumich
Eade

I'm completly guessing...
really! who would have ever thought that.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah no worries Mick.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Mick's not the only one talking through his arse.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Penis hee hee.

dartos
Club Player

On Hinkley

For what it is worth. Blight gave him a chance and he took it. When we shafted . Blight and he decided Stkilda was not the right place for him.
He stuck up for his mate by walking out. Peter Jonas were asked to stay but they didn`t want to and who would!

Ken Hinkley
Lower level premierships Camden and Bell Park.
He has been an assisstant at Geelong and now Gold Coast.

We need a coach with fresh ideas and who can develop the young players
for the future. We need one who can lead us and knows how to reach for the top in the small window we might have before major changes have to occur.

Remember Mick Malthouse is a great coach but boy, eddy and their committee did a lot of work in getting them a great training facility in central Melbourne, Lobbied and got the MCG, argued furiously and won when it came to away jumpers etc etc. He had a great team behind him!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dartos wrote:On Hinkley

For what it is worth. Blight gave him a chance and he took it. When we shafted . Blight and he decided Stkilda was not the right place for him.
He stuck up for his mate by walking out. Peter Jonas were asked to stay but they didn`t want to and who would!

Ken Hinkley

for the future. We need one who can lead us and knows how to reach for the top in the small window we might have before major changes have to occur.

Remember Mick Malthouse is a great coach but boy, eddy and their committee did a lot of work in getting them a great training facility in central Melbourne, Lobbied and got the MCG, argued furiously and won when it came to away jumpers etc etc. He had a great team behind him!
My concern with Hinkley is that he is presently connected with a system that encourages it's team to effectively lose attractively as they train up their list to an acceptable level of fitness. The Suns have talent to burn, but their development - and that of their coaches - cannot yet be measured because they do not compete often enough. For that reason I reckon Ken's too green. Still, just my opinion. They'll certainly have a look.

saintlee
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
dartos wrote:On Hinkley

Ken Hinkley

My concern with Hinkley is that he is presently connected with a system that encourages it's team to effectively lose attractively as they train up their list to an acceptable level of fitness. The Suns have talent to burn, but their development - and that of their coaches - cannot yet be measured because they do not compete often enough. For that reason I reckon Ken's too green. Still, just my opinion. They'll certainly have a look.
He was an assistant at Geelong as well remember. He's pretty experienced.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
SainterK wrote:Interesting, what is it about Saints and not others that has him suddenly vocal...or was he not even on their radar?
Good question.

I see a few people have come out and given Hinkley their stamp of approval.
One he has now answered....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-22/b ... ss/2911886

Sumich is in his 11th year as an assistant at the Eagles but says he will seriously consider whether the Saints role will be a good fit for him.

"I am thinking about that one - I will weigh it up," Sumich told radio station 3AW.

"I have kept very quiet of late weighing up my options, because I am not going to jump into every job going around.

"I want to make sure it is the right one, and the club think I am the right person, so I might have a chat to St Kilda. I might weigh that up."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
fingers wrote:
SainterK wrote:Interesting, what is it about Saints and not others that has him suddenly vocal...or was he not even on their radar?
Good question.

Sumich is in his 11th year as an assistant at the Eagles but says he will seriously consider whether the Saints role will be a good fit for him.

"I am thinking about that one - I will weigh it up," Sumich told radio station 3AW.

"I have kept very quiet of late weighing up my options, because I am not going to jump into every job going around.

"I want to make sure it is the right one, and the club think I am the right person, so I might have a chat to St Kilda. I might weigh that up."
Sounds ideal. He may have a chat to us.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like an arrogant f***

We will decide if HE is a good fit......or good enough for that manner...

Part of a dismal coacing staff in 2010.......if we are to judge coaches on one year

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Sounds like an arrogant f***

Part of a dismal coacing staff in 2010.......if we are to judge coaches on one year
Apart from the greatest coach in the world who is not coaching in the AFL at the minute, has anyone actually said that they are interested in applying for the job?
Last edited by SaintPav on Thu 22 Sep 2011 10:06pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Only his "mates" , including that goose who got sacked and was replaced by GT...

backward step if we recruited John Hinkley

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
BigMart wrote:Sounds like an arrogant f***

Apart from the greatest coach in the world who is not coaching in the AFL at the minute, has anyone actually said that they are interested in applying for the job?
Ok. Greaaatttt!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
fingers wrote:
Good question.

Sounds ideal. He may have a chat to us.
Yes, sounds like a thrilling interview coming up...sitting on the coaching panel would be like jury duty.