Club promoting Centrebet on Facebook/twitter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jmac101
Club Player

Club promoting Centrebet on Facebook/twitter

I realise that whinging about our sponsor is old news and that my disapproval of our sponsor is potentially not a widely held view. I would not like to reopen that debate.

But, the club tonight through it's Facebook and twitter accounts advertised on behalf of Centrebet by way of promotion. Given that children are likely to be highly exposed to such sites I was pretty disappointed in the club. At a time when PR is at an all time low I feel it was an incredibly dumb move.

The club has obviously given some thought to the children issue in regard to the sponsor as no logo was displayed on children's merchandise this year. Makes the choice of advertising even more disappointing in this context.

I know to some it might be minor. But in my opinion for a fan base crying foul in the name of integrity, we should point the finger at ourselves when we see issues. As unpopular as the issue might be for some..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Was on the gruen transfer tonight. With the obligatory Saints joke thrown in. Apparently it is the fastest growing area of advertising. At least they won't go under. Otherwise we might need to get the guys lighting up for Phillip Morris again.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

How many vices do the do-gooders want to cut out from our lives and good sponsorship dollars FFS.

I don't smoke, couldn't give a toss about the cigarette advertising, never influenced me. Been a non-smoker all my life.

I drink regularly, sponsorship dollars don't influence that. Been a drinker all my adult life.

I gamble small amounts on a semi-regular basis, sponsorship and advertising has no impact whatsoever on it. Been a small-time gambler all my adult life.

Have just found the diamond mines in Africa and the thriving industry of Thailand recently - please wowsers don't take these away from me now.

I wonder how many wowsers kids have access to their own laptop and wi-fi's etc that enable them to access sites that their parents would be horrified with. And then hide the history etc of where they've been.

Gambling pffft there are so many bigger issues going on in the world...grab their dollars while we can before the soft pea hearts close it down.