David Misson gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Great posts! Could it be that there are SOME Sainters who are actually looking forward to next season? (I thought it was just me :wink: )
Time to RE-JIG as some would say!!! :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

i don't care where he goes as long as its not to freo. vindictive, i am :twisted:

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Great posts! Could it be that there are SOME Sainters who are actually looking forward to next season? (I thought it was just me :wink: )
Time to RE-JIG as some would say!!! :wink:
Reminds me of the 80's so bring it on, a bit of change a bit of excitement, cant wait..

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:
For me, and I've followed this team since almost the day I landed in this country in September 1965, I'm willing to give them more time, because so far, they are the second best board in the history of this club.

OH DEAR

So they manage to lose the coach that they didn't even appoint to begin with

respected in the industry as one of the best that took us to back to back Grand Finals

and even then they still didn't back him in

and the get out clauses which this board themselves inserted

end up being used by the coach to walk out on us

and all this after they end up offering virtually the same deal they declined in April

OUTSTANDING

and you give them the credit for us making these Grand Finals, ARE YOU FOR REAL?

They get elected and then announce within two weeks that the club is relocating to Frankston without once mentioning anything about this prior to the vote of the members

now that is real DODGY, DISHONEST AND DECEITFUL

I spoke to Ross Levine in 2008 and told him exactly what I thought and how the move to Seaford would end up as a disaster

I also said "the players hate it"

he said "yeah I know the players are not happy about it" etc...etc...

he also told me Archie Fraser made a really good power point presentation on a white board that super impressed the whole board and they ticked off on it

Mass exodus of players coming and when Free Agency kicks in you're in dreamland if you think star players are not going to bail by the truckload, particularly after what has happened in the past week and all because of this board's total incompetence

and now a 1.5 million dollar loss the year after back to back Grand Finals

UNBELIEVABLE

the blind leading the blind

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:
For me, and I've followed this team since almost the day I landed in this country in September 1965, I'm willing to give them more time, because so far, they are the second best board in the history of this club.

OH DEAR

So they manage to lose the coach that they didn't even appoint to begin with

respected in the industry as one of the best that took us to back to back Grand Finals

and even then they still didn't back him in 

and the get out clauses which this board themselves inserted

end up being used by the coach to walk out on us

and all this after they end up offering virtually the same deal they declined in April

OUTSTANDING

and you give them the credit for us making these Grand Finals, ARE YOU FOR REAL?

They get elected and then announce within two weeks that the club is relocating to Frankston without once mentioning anything about this prior to the vote of the members

I spoke to Ross Levine in 2008 and told him exactly what I thought and how the move to Seaford would end up as a disaster

I also said "the players hate it"

he said "yeah I know the players are not happy about it" etc...etc...

he also told me Archie Fraser made a really good power point presentation on a white board that super impressed the whole board and they ticked off on it

Mass exodus of players coming and when Free Agency kicks in you're in dreamland if you think star players are not going to bail by the truckload, particularly after what has happened in the past week and all because of this board's total incompetence

UNBELIEVABLE

the blind leading the blind
Still haven't seen your master plan chief.

You must be mailing it to me :wink:

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Y
That's it, I've had enough of your bullsh1t propaganda. Our loss is due in very large part, to two circumstances, 1. A crap stadium deal 2. Dumping Tassie like an ugly girlfriend. Both decisions fall squarely on the shoulders of the last administration, the one you defend constantly. Please, please, STFU. IDIOT

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

First Lyon was caught lyin'

Now Misson's gone missin'

:shock:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:First Lyon was caught lyin'

When will the nettle fold.... :D

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Barks, maybe you should check your history regarding Seaford.
The announcement was made on 17 September 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About a year and a half after they got elected in late 06.
Also I remember they we're considering Casey Fields or Frankston long before the announcement was made, depended on which council was going to give them the best deal.
SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE PREACHING TO EVERYONE ELSE, hey all you had to do is Google it.
Plus we are all waiting for who you would replace the board with, or maybe just sack the board and have no one in charge.
How about you go up to Nathan Burke and tell him he is incompetent as he is part of the board.
Seaford is no worse then Essendon going to Tullamarine, Hawthorn to Waverley Park.
Plus you seem to forget the healthy profits this club made in 07, 08, 09 and 10.
I'll save my judgement about this board based on how they react to this crisis.
If we get a good coach, who knows maybe someone better than RL then they have done their job.
And as I said, there is only one board of directors that have had more on field success than this one in the history of the club and that was the one that we're there in 1966.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

And still lots of (UPPER CASE) pronouncements about the board, but (sadly) not a hint of one solitary name! or a viable alternative slate to the current board :roll: Just put up some alternatives mate! Honestly, I'm NOT having a go at your right to an opinion, simply REPEATING my (reasonable) request for your alternative to the current board/ceo/coach/president.
If you don't mind I'll agree to disagree with you on your present stance (in the absence of an alternative)
Regards as ever (we're all Sainters who perhaps don't all agree)

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Barks, maybe you should check your history regarding Seaford.
Also I remember they we're considering Casey Fields or Frankston long before the announcement was made, depended on which council was going to give them the best deal.
SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE PREACHING TO EVERYONE ELSE, hey all you had to do is Google it.
I have a very good memory so do not need to google

but thanks for unwittingly providing the Dorothy Dixer anyway

FACTS

Footy First were elected in 2007 and made the announcement about moving to Frankston almost immediately after being installed BUT never once mentioned it prior to the vote!

The process was very stop, start and for many reasons was delayed with the initial location of Frankston Park being ruled out.

Eventually Archie Fraser drove around the area looking for a vacant lot, found Belvedere Park and then managed to convince a vacant lot to agree to it

The official announcement of the move to Seaford was made about a year later... as you googled it, I'll take the date you supplied as being accurate!

SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND MOST CERTAINLY BEFORE ADVISING ME OF ANYTHING IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!

and while you're at it, GET A FAIR DINKUM CLUE!

By the way Butterss ruled out Frankston and Casey as options,

It was the then CEO Archie Fraser who was proposing this nonsense and he did not have the unanimous support of the previous board

Archie Fraser helped orchestrate/ initiated the move on Butterss then implemented his plan with the current board who he had helped to install!!!!!!!!!!

PJ
SS Life Member

Yep misson in action

& the lyin distraction

but only for a fraction

of a coachin contraction

that's gone into abstraction

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Shaggy
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Barks, maybe you should check your history regarding Seaford.

FACTS

Footy First were elected in 2007 and made the announcement about moving to Frankston almost immediately after being installed BUT never once mentioned it prior to the vote!

The process was very stop, start and for many reasons was delayed with the initial location of Frankston Park being ruled out.

Eventually Archie Fraser drove around the area looking for a vacant lot, found Belvedere Park and then managed to convince a vacant lot to agree to it

The official announcement of the move to Seaford was made about a year later... as you googled it, I'll take the date you supplied as being accurate!

SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND MOST CERTAINLY BEFORE ADVISING ME OF ANYTHING IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!

It was the then CEO Archie Fraser who was proposing this nonsense and he did not have the unanimous support of the previous board

Archie Fraser helped orchestrate/ initiated the move on Butterss then implemented his plan with the current board who he had helped to install!!!!!!!!!!
U r a control freak like RL like P66. You need to force your views.

Bear in mind GT liked people he trusted in control positions. But you, RL and P66 have to force your views down regardless of whether right or wrong. For the Saints I am so glad the type of personality is now gone even if you think he is a messiah.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Just a point here B4E. I know you keep coming out now about the extremely high quality of the uber coach our incompetent board just lost us, but didn't you spend most of this season lamenting that he wouldn't play the kids? In particular, the back half of the season I seem to recall it was mainly Tommy Walsh?

How did Uber coach lack such a clue?

Good, bad or indifferent, if the fate of the club still hinges on one man's presence then we have mad no progress since Plugger went north.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

FACTS

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:

Yep misson in action

& the lyin distraction

but only for a fraction

of a coachin contraction

What a nice little ditty

The end was not pretty

It fact it was shifty

But don't dwell in self pity

At least there's a committee

Though not innercity

We'll land someone thrifty

Peace. :wink:

PJ
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
PJ wrote:

Yep misson in action

& the lyin distraction

but only for a fraction

of a coachin contraction

What a nice little ditty

The end was not pretty

It fact it was shifty

But don't dwell in self pity

At least there's a committee

Though not innercity

We'll land someone thrifty

Peace. :wink:
In Kilda we trust

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
You are describing Ross Lyon :idea:

I know you think he is the messiah, but you'll be thanking this board in a few years time when your mate Rossy Boy is sacked from Freo and he will be forgotten!!!! That's my opinion and the opinion of a few others around here but here's some facts for you:

Fact; Ross didn't value the energy, enthusiasm and spark that talented youngsters would've brought to the playing list in his whole time pre 2011.

Fact; A coach who is in charge of playing lists and recruitment should be looking to add depth to the list and competition for spots in the team with youngsters becuase they need to learn from current champions and be blooded as future leaders of the club.

Fact; Ross is not a talent 'spotter'. He is not creative enough to nurture a player that comes into the club as an 18 yr old. Matthews did it with Lepper and Sheedy did it, and to some extent Clarkson and Bomber Thompson have been able to turn backmen into forwards or a midfielder into a goalsneak. This is something alien to Ross.

My Opinion; Had Ross remained at the club he knew he would have to rebuild somewhat and perhaps bottomming out was his greatest fear.

My Opinion; He didn't take the risk in picking young talented players and encouraging them and showing faith - helping them develop and show confidence in them - because Ross doesn't have 'true' leadership skills himself. He lacks confidence, flair and charisma.

My Opinion; Had he introduced young palyers into the team a lot earlier and had he played them throughout '07, '08 and '09 maybe Saints might have won at least one flag in 2009 or 2010.

My Opinion; Had he introduced young palyers into the team a lot earlier and had he played them throughout '07, '08 and '09 maybe the board would have signed him up on a four year deal earlier this year.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:Just a point here B4E. I know you keep coming out now about the extremely high quality of the uber coach our incompetent board just lost us, but didn't you spend most of this season lamenting that he wouldn't play the kids? In particular, the back half of the season I seem to recall it was mainly Tommy Walsh?

Obviously Ross Lyon is a very smart man

My thoughts on this

When he sought some security in April and a four year deal he most likely realised it was time to regenerate the list and play the kids

look to the 2010 draft with an eye to the future Cripps, Crocker, Ledger, Sipposs

but with a board with a propensity for knee jerk reactions who had already jumped at shadows many times already eg:- Westaway publicly dishing our game style and inserting get out clauses into his current contract

he knew to move forward we would have to play the kids which might affect the win/loss ratio in the short term further leaving him vulnerable without any long term security from an already untrusting board

mind you this after successive back to back Grand Finals

When the board refused to agree to his request in April and with the frosty relationship they had maintained with him since the get go

he decided in his own interest and who could blame him with a board putting him in this precarious position

to go with the tried and true, to coach for the now

to coach for this year and this year alone by getting the highest possible ladder position

so his team selection reflected a very short term vision defined by the actions of the board

If in April the board had of agreed to his request for a four year contract without get out clauses and given him the security that he very much sought

I have no doubt he would have removed the shackles and played more kids, more often and showed much more forward planning

that's my view on it

yes I was annoyed by Walsh not getting a game

I still don't agree

but reckon I now know the reasons as to why!

Shaggy
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
True Believer wrote:Just a point here B4E. I know you keep coming out now about the extremely high quality of the uber coach our incompetent board just lost us, but didn't you spend most of this season lamenting that he wouldn't play the kids? In particular, the back half of the season I seem to recall it was mainly Tommy Walsh?

Obviously Ross Lyon is a very smart man

My thoughts on this

When he sought some security in April and a four year deal he most likely realised it was time to regenerate the list and play the kids

look to the 2010 draft with an eye to the future Cripps, Crocker, Ledger, Sipposs

but with a board with a propensity for knee jerk reactions who had already jumped at shadows many times already eg:- Westaway publicly dishing our game style and inserting get out clauses into his current contract

he knew to move forward we would have to play the kids which might affect the win/loss ratio in the short term further leaving him vulnerable without any long term security from an already untrusting board

mind you this after successive back to back Grand Finals

When the board refused to agree to his request in April and with the frosty relationship they had maintained with him since the get go

he decided in his own interest and who could blame him with a board putting him in this precarious position

to go with the tried and true, to coach for the now

to coach for this year and this year alone by getting the highest possible ladder position

so his team selection reflected a very short term vision defined by the actions of the board

If in April the board had of agreed to his request for a four year contract without get out clauses and given him the security that he very much sought

I have no doubt he would have removed the shackles and played more kids, more often and showed much more forward planning

that's my view on it

yes I was annoyed by Walsh not getting a game

I still don't agree

but reckon I now know the reasons as to why!
I dont think spending another $1 millon per year as RL wanted would have made us closer to premiership compared to bankruptcy.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

So Ross is not responsible for any of his actions, they are all the fault of the board?

Wish my job had a cool "get out jail free card" like that.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We made the right decision to ditch the scumbag.

Fact is; Ross likes to appoint and shift blame away from himself.

I can't stand the way he looks around and whinces his face in the coaches box and throws his hands up, highlighting and describing the 'errors' that are going on out there. Fair dinkum Ross!! Get on with the job of caoching mate. Do something about it and stop blaming others for the teams failings.

Fact is; Ross failed.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Barks I'm going to ask you (again :roll: :wink: ) for your proposed nominations for the following:
*President * CEO * New Board members * Senior Coach
You see, mate, taking your current stance (sack the board NOW -with no alternatives) to its logical conclusion we will see the club with NO administration to oversee the appointment of a new senior coach and coaching panel, and a situation of chaos! I don't deny you the right to an opinion, (I happen to disagree with it) but if you're going to express that opinion as forcefully as you do, then folk like me are entitled also to ask the (legitimate) question "replace 'em with WHO?"
Now this thread has gone on for 8 pages. I asked this question of you on PAGE 2, and still no names :?
Regards (in anticipation of an answer?)
Dave (jiggster)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

FACTS

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Barks, your car and driver are ready and waiting :wink: