My Rant(Ross Leaving)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

murray 66
Club Player

My Rant(Ross Leaving)

Liked Ross and gameplan but 2yrs is a lot of time in football and opposition sides quickly catch on and you become the hunted and worked out.
We have always queried about players being not developed and wondered if Ross has had a eye on the future but quiet simply Ross seems to be a know coach hence Bally's comments about Ross having a desperate desire to be a grandfinal coach.
After Collingwood one the premiership you have to admire Malthouse and assistants not being complacent and being active with promoting young talent through their list giving them gametime during the year and recruitng players that kept their senior players on their toes.
Well done to the board for appointing Pelcin because one seems to think that Ross was having to much control and we were going down the same path as Ross's predaccessor(Dictatorship).
How could Ross expect a four year deal their and then when the team he manages was currently sitting 1-8 on the ladder,even Ross surely has to be accountable and answer to someone.
Well done to the board for standing their ground and acting in a responsible manner and representing it's 40,000 thousand members with integrity and accountability.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

but ........ later on, as the team performance improved, the Board decided that they wanted him and offered a 4 year deal!

It was too late! They should have got the deal done earlier, knowing that other Clubs were looking for new coaches!

Clearly, there were lots of "unresolved issues" between the Club and Ross. He took his options. The way he did it, is distasteful and that is an entirely different subject. The lead-up to what has occured has been poorly and unprofessionally handled by the Saints management IMO.

linmarnic
Club Player

I don't think the Board did so badly, they were just caught blind sighted as everyone else was. I understand that an initial offer was out there but did not satisfy Lyin. That's ok, what offer is accepted at first instance when renegotiating a contract. Through a normal negotiation process an acceptable offer was put to Lyin. There were delays due to management change and at Lyin's request so he can focus on making the finals (so he tells us, but I know believe he asked to wait until after the finals so he can shop himself around...but I have no proof).

Never give up
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Or just maybe they were trying to avoid a situation like the bummers did with knights, melb with Bailey and rush to get a new contract signed, only for both to be given the arse halfway through and cost clubs massive payouts.

I love this club
murray 66
Club Player

With reference to my other points junction surely you don't believe Jack Steven and McEvoy would have been played this year unless Lenny and Gardy weren't available.They were forced changes,Ross has had no eye on the future and coached for now.
As another poster posted Ross never embodied St.Kilda he was a one man show and liked his assistants to be yes men.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

see you ross - thanks for your treatment of max and ball, thanks for all the player scandals under your watch, thanks for turning the media against us. thanks for turning us from a high rating team into a boring bunch of plodders that no neutral wanted to watch, thanks for failing in your goal to win a flag. thanks for letting ball and max get one under a better coach. thanks for teaching players and fans everywhere that it's all about looking after number one!
now f... off and destroy freo!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "