half time interview with judas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asaint
Club Player

hate him hate him hate him. Can't wait to see him fail. Teams are built on trust. Who would trust this dog?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

"Ross Lyon? He's a bad man, a very, very bad man!"

linmarnic
Club Player

asaint wrote:hate him hate him hate him. Can't wait to see him fail. Teams are built on trust. Who would trust this dog?
Dogs are actually loyal, faithful and don't bite their masters. If Lyin had half the qualities of a Dog I might not feel so much disdain for him.

Never give up
andrewg
Club Player

Ross Lyon will be rubbish at Freo. I will relish in his mysery when Sandilands breaks down, pavlich pulls a heart string fyfe leaves for gws and Barlow develops stress fractures in his feet. The unrelenting two team Freo supporters will eat him alive, he will be sacked after three years Freo will lose $4 million and Ross will never coach again, it's written in the stars people. If people think the saints have a jinx wait till Ross is in Freo for a couple of years!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What a crap thread, absolutely nothing constructive here.
was until you added your usual nonsensical post..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Ross Lyon will be rubbish at Freo. I will relish in his mysery when Sandilands breaks down, pavlich pulls a heart string fyfe leaves for gws and Barlow develops stress fractures in his feet. The unrelenting two team Freo supporters will eat him alive, he will be sacked after three years Freo will lose $4 million and Ross will never coach again, it's written in the stars people. If people think the saints have a jinx wait till Ross is in Freo for a couple of years!!!
yep...he says he's a career coach...lol

the prick is only a coach for as long as a club chooses to hire him...

...what's the odds on a new career down the line??? :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
when people say newman? was there more interviews pre game?
no...last night's footy show....indicated that the saints weren't being coached to win last week....
Sam Newman on the footy show. There's a credible source. Was he wearing black face when he said it?
of course not...you can rubbish him all you like...i do too..at times...but he was on the money this time....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Comparing himself to matthews sums lyon up. He is one of those blokes who has only read books from the 'personal growth' section of a book shop. The kind of guy who is forever mixing up his ambition with his actual ability. the kind of guy who thinks 'the secret' was a book on philosophy. The kind of guy who only likes working with dumb people around him cos he knows deep down he's a fraud and doesn't want to be shown up.
Has got by with his one trick pony class for one stint. But thats it. sure he got rich like many one trick car salesmen before him. But that's it. Made cash with his bollocks and got enough people to fall for it to get rich after a few years. But that's all he's got. No more substance. Will do ok in his first year at freo until they realise he's just a sheister . then will certainly fail them and they will feel ripped off.
you are probably right.....you may have also revealed the real reason lyon shafted ball......ball is a lot lot smarter than the boy from fitzroy....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:What a crap thread, absolutely nothing constructive here.
Too much swearing too, just because you use a few # or * it still is what it is.
..no i just type c***.....the site changes it not me.... :wink: :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A lot of about turns........

This must mean i am 'allowed' to critisise Ross now.......and not get ridiculed for being a poor supporter...

Landscape has changed....but lyon today is still lyon a week ago.....,

I remember posting 8 weeks ago....he will make a cold, unemotional business decision......because it was the reason he was such a great coach....he didnt allow emotions or opinions to intefere with decision making.....he did so

Seems we have a lot of fickle people, who change their mind on a persons character after they make a career decision that doesn't suit them.....

Ball, Hall, lyon and umpteen others......all heros one day and dogs after they decide to look for a better environment for success....most occasions it has worked out for their benefit....

The way i see it....lyon walked for a reason...

He is an outstanding coach which will improve any team he joins
don't include me there....i have never bagged ball.....i have blamed lyon for that all along....also for maxie's sad demise......the guy is a prick.......typical half back flaker type.....mongrel on the ground...who has now shown that he is a mongrel off it as well......guess that's why our assistants have never stuck fat.....

sorry to see hall go too....but he did tell the players after the hawks game that he wasn't going anywhere ...

i have never gone anywhere for the money... and it's been offered over the years.....therefore i'm not on the same page or wavelength as those that do.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

linmarnic wrote:I don't really get why so many think Lyon is such a great coach.

Ultimately he coached for the short term, which gave us wins without the silverware but more importantly to himself, he maximized his market value in the shortest amount of time.

When I look at his coaching achievements this is what I see:

2007 and 2008 nothing overwhelming. Recruited journeyman to play specific roles.

He adopted Clarko's press and developed it into the forward press we used so effectively in 2009. Yep give him that. We did not win the flag though.

Shithouse developed the press further in 2010 into the full ground press but also brought in young talent and some key players. Lyon stuck with the original game plan, which good teams were now were able to exploit and continued with role players. No premiership again.

Shocking start to 2011, recovered to host a final. asides from a slight tweak and being forced to play a few kids. due to injuries, Lyon reverted back to old game plan when we pressed for the finals. No success. Even if we still had Lenny and Jimmy, we would not have won the flag with that old game plan.

Worst of all, Lyon recruited for the short term and did not develop any kids. Yes this helped us make finals but at the same time, also maximised his win loss ratio and currency in the market place.

So his best statistic is his win loss ratio, on the back of that his market value increased and he was offered this Freo deal. What has that left the St Kilda football club with though? He has exhausted the short term resources and rather than stick with the team and rebuild he bails out with no remorse.

Great coach? not for me, give him 2009, but even then ultimately out coached on the big day. Did very well for himself though.
a poster who knows football...and what he is talking about....