half time interview with judas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
when people say newman? was there more interviews pre game?
no...last night's footy show....indicated that the saints weren't being coached to win last week....
He needed to lose so that he could complete his negotiations with Fremantle quickly.
He needed time to be involved in Fremantle's list mangement and recruiting ahead of the upcoming trade period.

Demetriou should investigate this case to ensure corruption was not present.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
no...last night's footy show....indicated that the saints weren't being coached to win last week....
He needed to lose so that he could complete his negotiations with Fremantle quickly.
He needed time to be involved in Fremantle's list mangement and recruiting ahead of the upcoming trade period.

might not have coached to lose...but he didn't coach to win either....prick...

..i couldn't work out for the life of me why gardiner was dropped.....then the penny did..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I'd be surprised if Gardi would play either way. Think he were more a back up if Ben went down during the finals.

However; feel that Lyon was unhealthily distracted and should have declared the outside interest to the board.

It would effect his capacity to perform his job.

If the board new Lyon was in negotiation with a topped up Freo, would they stand him down during the finals series? Maybe.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
stinger
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:I'd be surprised if Gardi would play either way. Think he were more a back up if Ben went down during the finals.

However; feel that Lyon was unhealthily distracted and should have declared the outside interest to the board.

It would effect his capacity to perform his job.

If the board new Lyon was in negotiation with a topped up Freo, would they stand him down during the finals series? Maybe.
i would have thought so....still...i think there is an issue with not picking gardiner...even that lying former prick coach of ours said that the game was lost at the selection table....

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: half time interview with judas

stinger wrote:you are a c*** lyon...i will despise you to the day i die.....gloves off there hey shithead....showed your true colours for once...tell me this.??.did you not pick gardiner last week in the hope we lost and were out of the finals quickly...sammy newman seems to think you did...and leigh matthews suggests your heart wasn't in the saints anymore during that game.....prick...eat s*** and die.....

..i always was a thomas fan....he would never have done what you just did.....you creep.....

..on the upside maybe the kids will get a game...and tommy....who did you develop during your 5 years with the club.....nobody really..did you , you turd...

...feel a bit better after that actually.... :twisted:

Yes but do you like him or not...your post was full of ambiguity...stop fence sitting and tell us what you really think

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:you are a c*** lyon...i will despise you to the day i die.....gloves off there hey shithead....showed your true colours for once...tell me this.??.did you not pick gardiner last week in the hope we lost and were out of the finals quickly...sammy newman seems to think you did...and leigh matthews suggests your heart wasn't in the saints anymore during that game.....prick...eat s*** and die.....

..i always was a thomas fan....he would never have done what you just did.....you creep.....

..on the upside maybe the kids will get a game...and tommy....who did you develop during your 5 years with the club.....nobody really..did you , you turd...

Yes but do you like him or not...your post was full of ambiguity...stop fence sitting and tell us what you really think
:wink: ...see that jb has you sorted out too...... :roll: :twisted:

saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9lTb9rnWO4

Half-time segment about ross lyon

mohannair
Club Player

Well said Stinger, I am a fan of yours & agree with you word to word.

Also that bastard said that he has got 3 kids & a wife & all he did is for them, but what about the kids & family of Harvey whom you replaced.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

What an absolute shambles and a catastrophic fall from grace - he deserves what he gets. He had the opportunity to do the right thing, but chose to stick it up those who have given him enormous support.

As they say, AFL is a tough game, but he shat on us :!:

Let's forget him and get on with resurrecting the Club :!:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What a crap thread, absolutely nothing constructive here.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What a crap thread, absolutely nothing constructive here.
Too much swearing too, just because you use a few # or * it still is what it is.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Sam Newman on the footy show. There's a credible source. Was he wearing black face when he said it?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I love that Lyon uses Leigh Matthews as an example to justify his actions with Leigh then coming out and bagging Lyon. I reckon Ross has got two friends left in footy, and they were the sleazy insecure businessmen sitting next to him at the press conference.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Comparing himself to matthews sums lyon up. He is one of those blokes who has only read books from the 'personal growth' section of a book shop. The kind of guy who is forever mixing up his ambition with his actual ability. the kind of guy who thinks 'the secret' was a book on philosophy. The kind of guy who only likes working with dumb people around him cos he knows deep down he's a fraud and doesn't want to be shown up.
Has got by with his one trick pony class for one stint. But thats it. sure he got rich like many one trick car salesmen before him. But that's it. Made cash with his bollocks and got enough people to fall for it to get rich after a few years. But that's all he's got. No more substance. Will do ok in his first year at freo until they realise he's just a sheister . then will certainly fail them and they will feel ripped off.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A lot of about turns........

This must mean i am 'allowed' to critisise Ross now.......and not get ridiculed for being a poor supporter...

Landscape has changed....but lyon today is still lyon a week ago.....,

I remember posting 8 weeks ago....he will make a cold, unemotional business decision......because it was the reason he was such a great coach....he didnt allow emotions or opinions to intefere with decision making.....he did so

Seems we have a lot of fickle people, who change their mind on a persons character after they make a career decision that doesn't suit them.....

Ball, Hall, lyon and umpteen others......all heros one day and dogs after they decide to look for a better environment for success....most occasions it has worked out for their benefit....

The way i see it....lyon walked for a reason...

He is an outstanding coach which will improve any team he joins

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
ace wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

might not have coached to lose...but he didn't coach to win either....prick...

..i couldn't work out for the life of me why gardiner was dropped.....then the penny did..... :evil:
Now that is hilarious.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A lot of about turns........

This must mean i am 'allowed' to critisise Ross now.......and not get ridiculed for being a poor supporter...

I remember posting 8 weeks ago....he will make a cold, unemotional business decision......because it was the reason he was such a great coach....he didnt allow emotions or opinions to intefere with decision making.....he did so

Seems we have a lot of fickle people, who change their mind on a persons character after they make a career decision that doesn't suit them.....

Ball, Hall, lyon and umpteen others......all heros one day and dogs after they decide to look for a better environment for success....most occasions it has worked out for their benefit....

I know it's not popular to agree with you :wink:

BUT this is SPOT ON.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Seems we have a lot of fickle people, who change their mind on a persons character after they make a career decision that doesn't suit them.....
As usual you dont seem to get it.

Lyon is a great coach, took us to nearly two flags.

Lyon is entitled to leave as is anyone and who could blame him for the coin Freo offered?

it has nothing to do with his coaching. Sure some thought it "boring". Personally i enjoy seeing the team win so I never found it "boring".

It has everything to do with the duplicitious nature of the dealings and the lies he has put on record.

He traded off being a man of his word. Told GT he wouldn't break his contract with Sydney because he was honour bound to stay (when an assistant coach).

An article I posted done after the hawthorn loss he categorically stated he was contracted and would coach the Saints in 2012.

He looked the players in the eye and gave them every indication he was staying in 2012 a day before he walks out.

No doubt a great coach. but he has shown his true colours. He is of low character and a liar.

In hindsight (as i dont have a crystal ball like some on here) it is good that his character has been revealed.

I for one will be sad to see him go from a fottball sense. Winners are grinners. AFAIAC I couldn't care less if a coach is a prick or not. I dont want to be their friend.

The next STKFC may be a complete prick as well, too bad. Get us a result and I would care less.

However the discussion is about the former coaches character, which in the context of his departure is worth discussing.

His coaching ability should never be in question.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:Seems we have a lot of fickle people, who change their mind on a persons character after they make a career decision that doesn't suit them.....
As usual you dont seem to get it.

Lyon is a great coach, took us to nearly two flags.

Lyon is entitled to leave as is anyone and who could blame him for the coin Freo offered?

it has nothing to do with his coaching. Sure some thought it "boring". Personally i enjoy seeing the team win so I never found it "boring".

It has everything to do with the duplicitious nature of the dealings and the lies he has put on record.

He traded off being a man of his word. Told GT he wouldn't break his contract with Sydney because he was honour bound to stay (when an assistant coach).

An article I posted done after the hawthorn loss he categorically stated he was contracted and would coach the Saints in 2012.

He looked the players in the eye and gave them every indication he was staying in 2012 a day before he walks out.

No doubt a great coach. but he has shown his true colours. He is of low character and a liar.

In hindsight (as i dont have a crystal ball like some on here) it is good that his character has been revealed.

I for one will be sad to see him go from a fottball sense. Winners are grinners. AFAIAC I couldn't care less if a coach is a prick or not. I dont want to be their friend.

The next STKFC may be a complete prick as well, too bad. Get us a result and I would care less.

However the discussion is about the former coaches character, which in the context of his departure is worth discussing.

His coaching ability should never be in question.
I agree with much of what you wrote Joffa. However I am sick of reading from others of how we're better off without him, that he was a one trick pony, that he inherited a list of supposed stars and couldn't get the job done. I have no problem with ppl venting their spleen at the way he left our club - I think it leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth - but the irrational garbage about how now Freo will suffer b/c he's hopeless, or b/c he has low morals is just laughable.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote:I love that Lyon uses Leigh Matthews as an example to justify his actions with Leigh then coming out and bagging Lyon. I reckon Ross has got two friends left in footy, and they were the sleazy insecure businessmen sitting next to him at the press conference.
Having finally watched the press conference the one word that struck me with those two plonkers sitting either side is they came across as CARPETBAGGERS
In modern usage in the U.S., the term is sometimes used derisively to refer to a politician who runs for public office in an area where he or she does not have deep community ties, or has lived only for a short time. In the United Kingdom, the term was adopted to refer informally to those who join a mutual organization, such as a building society, in order to force it to demutualize, that is, to convert into a joint stock company, solely for personal financial gain.

It's all about the money

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:..i always was a thomas fan....he would never have done what you just did.....you creep.....
:)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

AGREE

Weird isn't it how all the apologists jump at shadows, follow like lemmings and have zero ability to think laterally

SHEEP

How the board are seemingly blameless in all of this shows how gullible and vacuous most people are on this site!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:

AGREE

Weird isn't it how all the apologists jump at shadows, follow like lemmings and have zero ability to think laterally

SHEEP

How the board are seemingly blameless in all of this shows how gullible and vacuous most people are on this site!
Feel free not to post then if you feel we are all so 'gullible' and 'vacuous'. Seriously, you need to take your meds. You certainly have some 'issues' come the afternoon.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
linmarnic
Club Player

I don't really get why so many think Lyon is such a great coach.

Ultimately he coached for the short term, which gave us wins without the silverware but more importantly to himself, he maximized his market value in the shortest amount of time.

When I look at his coaching achievements this is what I see:

2007 and 2008 nothing overwhelming. Recruited journeyman to play specific roles.

He adopted Clarko's press and developed it into the forward press we used so effectively in 2009. Yep give him that. We did not win the flag though.

Shithouse developed the press further in 2010 into the full ground press but also brought in young talent and some key players. Lyon stuck with the original game plan, which good teams were now were able to exploit and continued with role players. No premiership again.

Shocking start to 2011, recovered to host a final. asides from a slight tweak and being forced to play a few kids. due to injuries, Lyon reverted back to old game plan when we pressed for the finals. No success. Even if we still had Lenny and Jimmy, we would not have won the flag with that old game plan.

Worst of all, Lyon recruited for the short term and did not develop any kids. Yes this helped us make finals but at the same time, also maximised his win loss ratio and currency in the market place.

So his best statistic is his win loss ratio, on the back of that his market value increased and he was offered this Freo deal. What has that left the St Kilda football club with though? He has exhausted the short term resources and rather than stick with the team and rebuild he bails out with no remorse.

Great coach? not for me, give him 2009, but even then ultimately out coached on the big day. Did very well for himself though.

Never give up
saintly
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I love that Lyon uses Leigh Matthews as an example to justify his actions with Leigh then coming out and bagging Lyon. I reckon Ross has got two friends left in footy, and they were the sleazy insecure businessmen sitting next to him at the press conference.
unfortunately memory is short, and wehn freo start wining games and make the finals all wilol be forgiven by the journos', fans, supporters!