Malthouse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

For the sake of our integrity and brand we need a good coach! Get Malthouse, he will build a good strong club with a young vibrant list. Players will stay if Malthouse comes over and just the name will attract poterntial recruits. Seriously if you think the decision hangs on what will Milne think you are deluded. Milne is a good player but not the best. I love the guy but the club is bigger than Steven Milne and at the moment we look unprofessional, unsure of ourself and in the wider community a team that is going nowhere. Now i know we as members know better than this, but for the club as a brand we need Malhouse.

Maybe it is like the typical holywood movie, the two characters who hate each other but they just don't realise it is love!!

Q5
Club Player

Interesting interview with MM on SEN this arvo - one comment stuck out "Life is built on trust. Trust is demonstrated in actions not words". Gotta say I kinda like it...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Q5 wrote:Interesting interview with MM on SEN this arvo - one comment stuck out "Life is built on trust. Trust is demonstrated in actions not words". Gotta say I kinda like it...
Agree.

But having said that, MM has said he will not coach in 2012. So I suppose we can definitely strike him off the list 8-)

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Q5 wrote:Interesting interview with MM on SEN this arvo - one comment stuck out "Life is built on trust. Trust is demonstrated in actions not words". Gotta say I kinda like it...
I wouldn't be putting it past him to be taking the piss.

That said Malthouse previous actions indicate that you cant take his words at face value, how did he get to Collingwood again?

If Malthouse wants to coach us next year he'll just say that he changed his mind about not coaching.
Last edited by Ice Wolf on Sat 17 Sep 2011 2:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pffft
means nothing

he's coming :twisted:

Q5
Club Player

matrix wrote:pffft
means nothing

he's coming :twisted:
Much as I don't like him, am definitely warming to the idea!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Agree.

But having said that, MM has said he will not coach in 2012. So I suppose we can definitely strike him off the list 8-)
I was being sarcastic of course.

Having said that, do we really want a liar as coach :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

everyone lies.

micks on his way dr 8-)

im stocking up on the 3 packs of triple butter popcorn for the day of mick
should be brill in here
8-) 8-) 8-)

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:everyone lies.

micks on his way dr 8-)

im stocking up on the 3 packs of triple butter popcorn for the day of mick
should be brill in here
8-) 8-) 8-)
I am begining to warm to the idea, but I just don't see it happening. Hope you r right

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

look i dont think he will either
we SHOULD be chasing him but we wont i dont reckon

but with the way this all went down, all a shock, you know what in a way it would not surprise me if he did end up here

its been one big 'major' newsflash in footy
i think there might be a bit more down the track

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Who gives a rats about what happened with milney. Ill bet milneys own team mates call him worse every day. Him and mick would probably have a laugh about it and be over it in 5 minutes with a chat.
As for us getting mm. I think it would be legally hard and the pies would spit blood but I would be over the moon if we got the best coach in the business. I would air first pump. People on here also seem to have forgotten mick played for the saints.

Q5
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:People on here also seem to have forgotten mick played for the saints.
Not at all - that's why I think it would be perfect for him to be coach - the players would be feeling a sense of abandonment at the moment, so what better 'statement' to make than have an older, established, former player with history with the club, return...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Q5 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:People on here also seem to have forgotten mick played for the saints.
Not at all - that's why I think it would be perfect for him to be coach - the players would be feeling a sense of abandonment at the moment, so what better 'statement' to make than have an older, established, former player with history with the club, return...
Except, I've never once heard Malthouse speak fondly of his short time at St Kilda. His premiership career at Richmond would be far more significant in Mick's mind.

It would hardly be the return of a favourite son.

If we were to chase MM, the fact he once wore our jumper would I reckon be of no significance to either party.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

I will be extremely disappointed and surprised if malthouse is coaching us next year.

Sainter for life.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:I will be extremely disappointed and surprised if malthouse is coaching us next year.
And to make things worse, we'd probably have to pay him more than we offered Lyon, and....

....pay Eddie to release him from his 2012 role as "Buckley Tamer".

Paying money to Collingwood :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Jeff
Club Player

Ice Wolf wrote: We've been pushed around by the bigger clubs for a long time, now even Fremantle has gotten into it, time to push the hell back.
This :!: :!: :!:

FQF
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Q5 wrote:
Except, I've never once heard Malthouse speak fondly of his short time at St Kilda. His premiership career at Richmond would be far more significant in Mick's mind.

It would hardly be the return of a favourite son.

If we were to chase MM, the fact he once wore our jumper would I reckon be of no significance to either party.

Yabby chopped him off for being too like too many other better players. They say it's always stuck in his craw...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

we wont get malthouse - no hope.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:For the sake of our integrity and brand we need a good coach! Get Malthouse, he will build a good strong club with a young vibrant list. Players will stay if Malthouse comes over and just the name will attract poterntial recruits. Seriously if you think the decision hangs on what will Milne think you are deluded. Milne is a good player but not the best. I love the guy but the club is bigger than Steven Milne and at the moment we look unprofessional, unsure of ourself and in the wider community a team that is going nowhere. Now i know we as members know better than this, but for the club as a brand we need Malhouse.

Maybe it is like the typical holywood movie, the two characters who hate each other but they just don't realise it is love!!

love ya avatar...hate your post....malthouse is a c***...we just got rid of one...we don't need another....jeans gave this arsehole the flick...bet he's just itching to get back at us....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:we wont get malthouse - no hope.
good

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
andrewg wrote:For the sake of our integrity and brand we need a good coach! Get Malthouse, he will build a good strong club with a young vibrant list. Players will stay if Malthouse comes over and just the name will attract poterntial recruits. Seriously if you think the decision hangs on what will Milne think you are deluded. Milne is a good player but not the best. I love the guy but the club is bigger than Steven Milne and at the moment we look unprofessional, unsure of ourself and in the wider community a team that is going nowhere. Now i know we as members know better than this, but for the club as a brand we need Malhouse.

love ya avatar...hate your post....malthouse is a c***...we just got rid of one...we don't need another....jeans gave this arsehole the flick...bet he's just itching to get back at us....
this

Joffa 5
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:I will be extremely disappointed and surprised if malthouse is coaching us next year.
My sentiment precisely

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

ThePunter wrote:I would think after the events of the last 24 hours we would want someone with a track record of showing respect to the St Kilda Football Club.

The Club has acted honourably, and to now engage in a process to get Mick Malthouse would be a dishonourable process to employ a dishonourable man.

As I said on another thread, I'd have to sit down and think long and hard when my membership renewal arrived later this year if Malthouse was St Kilda's coach.
This just about sums up how I'm feeling - now anyway.

Also what Samoht said about players making coaches regarding Coll's midfield. Also a lot of their success is due to Buckley, Neeld and Watters as well IMO.

Finally how much would MM want? Saints are not overflowing with funds.

Stand your ground :shock:
Plugger87

Malthouse is the best out there in terms of developing youngsters and getting the best out of players. He knows how to win flags and coaches a simular style to the way we've been playing. It wont take too much time getting used to his style and we should go for him hard

older saint
SS Life Member

I think the opening post hit the nail on the head when he mentioned wont be contacting him as he has a contract. This contract expires GF night.

It would also then make sense as to why they appointed HArvs temporary coach so someone can work through list management etc before they hit MM with the package too good to refuse.

Would be a great get and give STK credability to land a big fish
Would show Hutchy to be a fool for bagging the appointment of interim coach
Would make sponsors and potential sponsors sit up and take notice
Would give some player opportunity and continue to play with structure , as we are not good enough not too.

As i have said somewhere else, you do not need to like the guy but if he is the best coach then get him. Sure all these haters would love him if he came and got that ellusive premiership!