Crystal Ball 2012

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

What do you see for 2012?

You'd like to see a new coach come in and commencing a complete rebuild
20%
You think a new coach with a fresh message will see St Kilda as a genuine threat for next year at least
65%
You'd prefer a Sydney like 'rejuvenate' attitude towards the list for the coming years
16%

Total votes: 82

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Crystal Ball 2012

I am quite excited by my first poll yesterday, so let's have another one. :wink:

How about we 'Crystal Ball' the 2012 season.

We all have a better understanding now of what Ross saw for next year, declared it the end of an era, and got out while his currency was high.

Leigh Matthews on the other hand believes that for at least next year, St Kilda is a top 4 list.

However what do you see, what would you like prospective coaches to see?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crystal Ball 2012

SainterK wrote:I am quite excited by my first poll yesterday, so let's have another one. :wink:

How about we 'Crystal Ball' the 2012 season.

We all have a better understanding now of what Ross saw for next year, declared it the end of an era, and got out while his currency was high.

Leigh Matthews on the other hand believes that for at least next year, St Kilda is a top 4 list.

However what do you see, what would you like prospective coaches to see?
Happy to go down the Geelong path (#2) :)

saintlee
Club Player

Personally, I think our premiership window slammed shut this year. Time to start the rebuild. Perfect time now we will have a new coach with a new game plan etc.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:Personally, I think our premiership window slammed shut this year. Time to start the rebuild. Perfect time now we will have a new coach with a new game plan etc.
Roo and Lenny, to name two, may disagree with you.

Saints43
Club Player

I posted this back in June. And now with RL gone I probably think it's time:

If the club decide that we cannot win a premiership next year then a rebuild should be considered.

But only if we are willing to go all the way. And that means deciding who has trade value that won't win a flag at St Kilda in their career and moving them on also. That could mean Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Fisher, Montagna, Schneider (pre DOB 1985) all go. And all would have to go in the one trade period otherwise we are destroying a core for no real benefit. Signalling the end for most other pre 85s.

If we could move on all of those players then we should get some pretty decent picks. They would have major interest from emerging and challenging clubs.

Of course we would sit around 17th spot on the ladder for quite a while. But assuming we trade and draft pretty well we could end up with six to nine top end kids with their whole careers in front of them.

I think the club should be at least sounding out interest from other clubs.
Last edited by Saints43 on Sat 17 Sep 2011 2:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintlee
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintlee wrote:Personally, I think our premiership window slammed shut this year. Time to start the rebuild. Perfect time now we will have a new coach with a new game plan etc.
Roo and Lenny, to name two, may disagree with you.
I hope they do, they should always aim for a flag. But as I said, I think the time has passed for this group.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Lots of option 2.

Wonder if the board will warm towards someone with that message.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Where is the

You'd like to see the incompetent board all resign and admit they can now see the move to Seaford will be a disaster and a new board committed to relocating the club to St kilda should be elected immediately before the rot really sets in.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:Where is the

You'd like to see the incompetent board all resign and admit they can now see the move to Seaford will be a disaster and a new board committed to relocating the club to St kilda should be elected immediately before the rot really sets in.
It is late afternoon - it istime for you to take your medication and leave poor unsuspecting forum members to go about the business of posting.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:You'd like to see the incompetent board all resign and admit they can now see the move to Seaford will be a disaster and a new board committed to relocating the club to St kilda should be elected immediately before the rot really sets in.
Bark, I wanna see you as the Chairman of the Board/Bored

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

As I said before Barks, who replaces them? And what an absolute financial disaster it would be for the club to relocate back to St.Kilda, any idea where that maybe with facilities equal to what we got down at Seaford.
We're not the government we just can't spend millions of dollars whenever we want, because that's what the cost will be to move, a couple of million dollars.
The only person who thinks the board failed Ross Lyon, is Ross Lyon.
Plus I bcan just imagine, earlier in the season when we had only won one game and signed Ross for another 4 years, you would probably be one of the ones calling the board a bunch of incompetent fools for tying the club up for another 4 years of Lyon.
This why this club has a history of implosion, because everytime something goes wrong, we all want to sack the board, sack the coach and club as absolutely no stability.
This board has seen the second most successive era this club has EVER had, the only thing that hasn't happened is a premiership, but that's been the same of every board that has run this club with the exception of one.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Kate
Club Player

I think a lot of people were thinking that Geelong's window slammed shut at the end of last year. How wrong they were. New coach, new outlook. Let's smash 'em!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Option 2 however I believe we need to turnover 6-8 players in our starting 22.