After trolling around I am looking at things differently :)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

After trolling around I am looking at things differently :)

Well yes, I have been having a good laugh reading some of the threads on the two unofficial Fremantle boards they have going over there... Yeah I know some of you won't give a rats arse and have a go at me and say who cares what their fans think.

But I have honestly amused myself this afternoon reading how unhappy a lot of their supporters are..So many of them are unhappy with the Ross Lyon appointment and are very unhappy with the way Mark Harvey was sacked.

Most say

"God I hope we don't play boring Lyon footy next yr "

"don't like Lyon, we better not start playing boring defensive game and only score 2 goals a match..."

Thanks for the laugh docker fans, I needed a reason to smile.
As much as I loved Ross Lyon when he was with us, I am starting to think since reading the docker forums that maybe this might be good for us. I would love to see an attacking style of saints footy from 2012 onwards !!!

So come on Saints, get the right coach, a coach who wants us to run and move the ball quickly, attack the goals like no tomorrow instead of bottling the game up and be lucky to kick 10 goals a match!

I am starting to feel a little better about this...

GO SAINTS!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Those sort of comments help Dal, I was furios at first and not just lyon, at the club to. I now realize my anger at the club was misplaced. I am now feeling quite positive about the future, o can't wait till we find out who the new coach will be.

I love this club
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Confessions of a troll??? :roll: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

This is presicely why I couldn't believe what I was reading this morning...if Lyon is indeed a one trick pony, he's on a fast track to failure with Freo. I cannot for the life of me see him manufacturing his trade mark defensive unit with what Freo currently has on hand. You never know, but if it does happen, it won't happen overnight...will Freo members, post Harvey and Connolley, sit and wait for it to happen?

saintlee
Club Player

If Lyon imposes his "Saints footy" style on Freo, its gonna be painful to watch for a while...lets be honest, it was always an ugly brand and it took us a year or two to get it right....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He isn't going to get them to play saints footy.

He is going to play a quick play on style that has brewing in his head, but was disguised at St Kilda by the fact he didn't have the list available to execute it skills wise.

saintlee
Club Player

SainterK wrote:He isn't going to get them to play saints footy.

He is going to play a quick play on style that has brewing in his head, but was disguised at St Kilda by the fact he didn't have the list available to execute it skills wise.
He may do this...but Lyon is defensive minded at heart, just can't see him changing that much...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:

He may do this...but Lyon is defensive minded at heart, just can't see him changing that much...
Also, I can't remember Freo being a particularly skillful team...god knows we showed them up!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:

Exactly, he was well trained by one Mr Paul Roos and pretty much brought it to St Kilda just with some adjustments. What is to say he won't do it again with Freo and just change it up slighty

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Reggie
Club Player

This is freo footy.... throw out the anchor!

Sainterman
Club Player

I guess that means "Saints Footy" is dead?!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:I guess that means "Saints Footy" is dead?!
End of an era, as they say in the classics.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Reggie wrote:This is freo footy.... throw out the anchor!
Very clever actually :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

DSG, unless you were making a nuisance of yourself on those boards, you weren't trolling, but infact luriking :wink:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:DSG, unless you were making a nuisance of yourself on those boards, you weren't trolling, but infact luriking :wink:
:) Very true, I was in fact lurking around, having a good read.
I must say I do feel much better this afternoon about the past 24 hours! O am still in some disbelief thou.

In Ross Get lost!