Get off your high horse!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Get off your high horse!

Scollop wrote:
Royston wrote: I think it is simplist to say he didn't develop the youth - if he had played them most likely we wouldn't have challenged for a flag.
You can't have your cake and eat it.
How soon and conveniently we forget...

Why isn't it possible to develop your list and introduce debutants into the team, if you're aiming for a premiership?

Malthouse in 2010 played Lockyer, Medhurst, Anthony, and other established players throughout the year including Josh Fraser and Presti, but in the lead up to what he saw as his best chance to clinch the cup - he went with Blair, wellingham, MacCaffer, Beams, Dawes and nathan Brown among others. How were we going to match their speed with zones and structures and 'role' players.

Malthouse was playing these guys throughout 2008/09/10 and giving them game time and creating competition for spots in their side. How many Rising Star nominations did saints players get in 2008/2009/2010? Pendlebury was only what - 21 last year, and then you've got the dash of Thomas - how was Bakes and other soldiers likes Blake going to keep up with these young guys...

I know we came close. I do not give credit to Lyon for getting us there or for us getting close. Lenny the lionheart and BJ the airealist nearly got us over the line...but we were behind most of the day. Chasing teams on the scoreboard and thinking about restricting them rather than having multiple attacking strategies does not work in our great game...Ross Lyon is better suited to soccer. He is an ordinary coach and not a good teacher, leader or motivator of elite athletes.
Lets face it you wouldnt have a clue about that last sentance. It is your opinion. How come Allan Jeans says that list didnt deserve to make the GF and it was only RL's coaching that got them there. You watch Freo. They will play differently to us because they have pace and skill, 2 things most of players dont have and none of our stars have pace. He coached the way he did because of the list.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He coached the way he did because of the list.
I don't buy that.

As Brett Voss said....“My recollections of Ross was a very meticulous person with an undying belief in his game plan. If you couldn’t adhere to it then he would find someone who couldâ€

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:All the holier-than-thou, I-was-right-and-you-were-wrong posters on this board are really giving me this s***s right now.

I'm sick to death of it.

Does it make you feel any better that our coach has pissed off on us and that you never liked him or that you picked this?

We're all saints supporters, why are some of us demanding apologies and just telling everyone else that we were right.

Just get off your high horse and get over yourselves.
You are a joke-poster, right?
Last edited by Sainternist on Fri 16 Sep 2011 2:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
I don't buy that.

As Brett Voss said....“My recollections of Ross was a very meticulous person with an undying belief in his game plan. If you couldn’t adhere to it then he would find someone who couldâ€

Royston
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
Royston wrote: I think it is simplist to say he didn't develop the youth - if he had played them most likely we wouldn't have challenged for a flag.
You can't have your cake and eat it.
Sure Lyon gets a pass mark for getting us into the GF's, but don't tell me that the team wouldn't have naturally improved and learnt from the 04/05/06 years. We had a champion team that was the equal of Cats in 04/05 and Ross did not deliver. I didn't and never will solely credit Ross for getting us there.

If we had a champion team in 04/05 as you quote why didn't we win a flag in those years? That list was better talent wise than the list of the Lyon era by some margin...yet we didn't make a GF.

How soon and conveniently we forget...

Why isn't it possible to develop your list and introduce debutants into the team, if you're aiming for a premiership?

Malthouse in 2010 played Lockyer, Medhurst, Anthony, and other established players throughout the year including Josh Fraser and Presti, but in the lead up to what he saw as his best chance to clinch the cup - he went with Blair, wellingham, MacCaffer, Beams, Dawes and nathan Brown among others. How were we going to match their speed with zones and structures and 'role' players.

Malthouse was playing these guys throughout 2008/09/10 and giving them game time and creating competition for spots in their side. How many Rising Star nominations did saints players get in 2008/2009/2010? Pendlebury was only what - 21 last year, and then you've got the dash of Thomas - how was Bakes and other soldiers likes Blake going to keep up with these young guys...

I know we came close. I do not give credit to Lyon for getting us there or for us getting close. Lenny the lionheart and BJ the airealist nearly got us over the line...but we were behind most of the day. Chasing teams on the scoreboard and thinking about restricting them rather than having multiple attacking strategies does not work in our great game...Ross Lyon is better suited to soccer. He is an ordinary coach and not a good teacher, leader or motivator of elite athletes.
Don't think we were too worried about the speed of Dawes and Nathan Brown.
You can only pick who is on our list - it's fine to mention the Pies players but who would you have played from the Saints - 'to match their speed' - what Stanley???
Some on here wanted Max to play - well that would have solved the pace issue!
Steven would have played if fit, most likely Armo also.

Can only work with what you have - play the youth as you say and we don't make the GF...

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
I don't buy that.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BARRY CROCKER

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
I don't buy that.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:All the holier-than-thou, I-was-right-and-you-were-wrong posters on this board are really giving me this s***s right now.

I'm sick to death of it.

Does it make you feel any better that our coach has pissed off on us and that you never liked him or that you picked this?

We're all saints supporters, why are some of us demanding apologies and just telling everyone else that we were right.

Just get off your high horse and get over yourselves.
You are a joke-poster, right?
It's not directed at you so if you took it that way, I apologise.

It was actually directed at End of and Era and Barks as well as anyone else who ---- meh f*** THIS!!!!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote: It's not directed at you so if you took it that way, I apologise.

It was actually directed at End of and Era and Barks as well as anyone else who ---- meh f*** THIS!!!!
If you'd listen you might get a clue!

TOLD YOU SO

I WAS RIGHT

AS PER USUAL