SACK THE BOARD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Who was the visionary who called for Thomas to be sacked in 2005 when most were on here were so far up his arse you would have needed a team of Sumo wrestlers to extract each and every doll worshipper?

How many threads are there blaming Lyon 100%

HEY?

Because YOU and most numbnuts on here don't get it, does NOT mean it's not the REAL ISSUE!

GOT A CLUE, YET

Thought NOT!
I'm talking about the babbling and rabbling you add to your posts.

It adds nothing to the debate.
Then why was the other one deleted, it was mostly on the actual issue of the contract, Pelchen, get out clauses, spirit of the contract etc... etc...

far more balanced than the hundreds of emotional threads about Lyon

or is it that you and the mods don't like it because it does not conform to your opinion?

Opinions are like arseholes and there are a lot of opinions on here!
And you have turned out to be the biggest opinion of the lot. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

and will this thread improve the prices at Queen Victoria market cheese stalls or make my all-bran any more effective? If not then SACK THE BORRRRED!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Who was the visionary who called for Thomas to be sacked in 2005 when most were on here were so far up his arse you would have needed a team of Sumo wrestlers to extract each and every doll worshipper?

How many threads are there blaming Lyon 100%

HEY?

Because YOU and most numbnuts on here don't get it, does NOT mean it's not the REAL ISSUE!

GOT A CLUE, YET

Thought NOT!
I'm talking about the babbling and rabbling you add to your posts.

It adds nothing to the debate.
Then why was the other one deleted, it was mostly on the actual issue of the contract, Pelchen, get out clauses, spirit of the contract etc... etc...

far more balanced than the hundreds of emotional threads about Lyon

or is it that you and the mods don't like it because it does not conform to your opinion?

Opinions are like arseholes and there are a lot of opinions on here!
And you have turned out to be the biggest opinion of the lot. :roll:
boys boys

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Its all well and good for Barks to be ranting on about the board being sacked but this overlooks the most positive news story of the day! JUDGE JUDY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Its all well and good for Barks to be ranting on about the board being sacked but this overlooks the most positive news story of the day! JUDGE JUDY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is she free to take the case of St Kilda Football Club v Ross Lyon? :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Get out from behind the computer for a bit Barks!

Better yet, get a ticket together and do better....
This.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Let’s be honest; no one here knows what goes on at board level. Or perhaps they do, however the silly names we give ourselves on this forum means we can’t tell those people apart from the rest of us guessers.

It does seem that the club made Ross a very good offer but that he had already decided to leave. Why would he do that?

Two suggestions have been doing the rounds.

* The appointment of Pelchen
* Some Board members having some concerns about Ross

I don’t know whether there’s any truth in these things. But I do know that many supporters have had concerns about Lyon regardless of whether or not they regard him as a great coach or not.

Things such as:

* Lack of excitement due to game plan
* Lack of skills
* Lack of youth coming through
* Trading of Draft Picks for mediocre players

I am not saying any of the above reflects reality but I am saying that some fans do have concerns about some, or all of them (and perhaps more).

So what then is wrong with some on the Board also having some concerns, whilst at the same time acknowledging Ross is a great coach and wishing to retain him?

Some people go on and on about the Board not listening to members & supporters? However in this instance perhaps they have shown that they do and that they were trying to make a good position even better.

Unless people know things for certain it would be best not to bag out the guys trying to run our club.

And, if Ross can’t handle being questioned about things, or the appointment of others to assist in the pursuit of excellence, then heaven help him in Freo. If those people don’t get the success they fully expect within the next year of two, I don’t suspect Ross will simply get a free hand for the next three.

Quality post!

The point is this board inherited Ross Lyon and rode on hi coat tails as he took us to two Grand Finals and with an ounce of luck or no rotten luck we would have two premierships already.

The board were negligent by not having this whole matter put to bed ages ago, left the door ajar, inserted get out clauses

This year when Lyon called the board "organ grinders" you knew something was up, at least I did
there was a tone in his answering of the question that revealed much more

then within weeks Pelchen was appointed

the board seeking to diminish Lyon's authority

hey, maybe we will be better off now without Lyon for all anyone really knows

but if the modus operandi was to keep a proven coach respected in the industry as one of the leaders who implemented a game plan that nearly won us two premierships which the filth are now cashing in on

then the board have stuffed up monumentally

they have totally mishandled the situation by not backing him 100!

it would be fair to assume that Westaway and Warne share the same opinion on Lyon

how can anyone blame Lyon for walking for what would be close to 4 million more dollars and a longer contract

it was only on Wednesday this week that the board upped the offer to four years without conditions

previously it was a two year extension with conditions working under Pelchen

Quote from Westway from TWO DAYS AGO
"We believe in him, we want him there and, to be honest with you, in two years' time if he's still there - and I hope he is and I believe he will be - we'll be offering to extend it again".

If you believe him. when he says " to be honest with you" the why was this whole thing not done and dusted ages ago

by delaying and inserting get out clauses the board have shot themselves in the foot

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

so..Collingwood has a flag and looks like winning another...would everyone agree that they have handled the MM Buckley coaching thing well ?????

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

If you ask me, the matter should be deaalt with by....JUDGE JUDY!!! (judgement for the Saints!!!) :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Found somewhere this information could be plastered up and make a statement.

They walk amongst us...

Sainterman
Club Player

As poor as RL looks in all of this, very disappointed in the STKFC board. In fact equally disappointed.

RL would not have left like he did without there being significant issues...and I am sure these relate to the board and the administration currently in place at the club. Think about it, remove all the hysterics...what motivated RL to do this? Not too many explanations other than admin and board issues.

The problem is....is there anyone better out there that can help? Not too sure.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kaaa ching

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon was willing to sign a four year deal in april but the club preferred to hedge their bets!

Pelchen signing was a move by the board to diminish Lyon's control and a knee jerk reaction to our poor start to the year.

Then got desperate three days ago when they thought he might be gone by upping the offer!

Much too late, should have been done in April!

Reminds me of when I told the entire board in 2008 that we need a more distinctive away jumper, suggested to them Home Jumper with a white back instead of the predominantly white rubbish they had just served up because we might play Collingwood in a Grand Final and be forced to wear this!

Westaway interjected and I quote word for word

"We will wear our home jumper in Grand Finals"

FACT

Before last years Grand Finals I spoke to a board member and told him I warned you guys TWO YEARS AGO about this eventuality, playing Collingwood in a Grand Final and being forced to wear a clash jumper

I was informed by him that the board were not happy with being forced to wear the away jumper and that they didn't know the AFL ruling in relation to this until one week before!

:shock:

ABSOLUTE GOSPEL TRUTH

And you lot carry on as if our board can do no wrong, as if they have a handle on everything

Talk about dumbed down!

FAIR DINKUM

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

thejiggingsaint wrote:Its all well and good for Barks to be ranting on about the board being sacked but this overlooks the most positive news story of the day! JUDGE JUDY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too much time on your hands after the footy has finished Jiggster.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
St Lenny
Club Player

I have never heard you say one word good word about St Kilda, christ you are a pain in the arse.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:As poor as RL looks in all of this, very disappointed in the STKFC board. In fact equally disappointed.

RL would not have left like he did without there being significant issues...and I am sure these relate to the board and the administration currently in place at the club. Think about it, remove all the hysterics...what motivated RL to do this? Not too many explanations other than admin and board issues.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Sainterman wrote:As poor as RL looks in all of this, very disappointed in the STKFC board. In fact equally disappointed.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!
And you're both assuming that if there were issues then Ross was in the right and The Board was in the wrong.

And you know this because......

:roll: :roll: :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

am i in the same thread as the other one?

is there duplicate threads??

spooky :shock:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:am i in the same thread as the other one?

is there duplicate threads??

spooky :shock:

AND like there are not already 2,000 threads all calling Lyon a liar, traitor, betrayer, Judas, scum, lowlife, arsehole, prick etc...etc...etc...etc...

YOU WANT THE TRUTH

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well obviously that was going to happen
there was two and a half pages of threads when i logged on that i hadnt read.
was always going to happen.

ok coach is gone
lets vote out the board
how do we go about it?
who makes the call?
seriously
do we all crash seaford, or a board meeting?
how do we throw out these buffoons?

Beekay
SS Life Member

Stability maybe. Constant finalists.

But be realistic...

1. Where is the youth ?

2. Has our list not been on the constant decline?

3. How can a forward line function so badly for 22 rounds ?

Ross is a drill sergeant, not someone that can rebuild.

If he wasn't willing to split the power and have someone else control the list, it's probably for the best.

Dean Polo
Ryan Gamble

ffs..... you just lose to Collingwood in a GF and you secure these sorts of players? bemusing

Rossy Lyon, unlucky to not secure at least one flag in his time, and would have loved him forever, but even he is aware he is a one trick pony.

The board have obviously looked at Hawthorn, Pies and Geelong and gone, hang on, we have just as good a hand full of stars, but how have these guys jumped miles ahead of us. They've won flags and improved quick smart... from the ground up!

Saints on the other hand.... ?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Stability maybe. Constant finalists.

But be realistic...

1. Where is the youth ?

2. Has our list not been on the constant decline?

3. How can a forward line function so badly for 22 rounds ?

Ross is a drill sergeant, not someone that can rebuild.

If he wasn't willing to split the power and have someone else control the list, it's probably for the best.

Dean Polo
Ryan Gamble

ffs..... you just lose to Collingwood in a GF and you secure these sorts of players? bemusing

Rossy Lyon, unlucky to not secure at least one flag in his time, and would have loved him forever, but even he is aware he is a one trick pony.

The board have obviously looked at Hawthorn, Pies and Geelong and gone, hang on, we have just as good a hand full of stars, but how have these guys jumped miles ahead of us. They've won flags and improved quick smart... from the ground up!

Saints on the other hand.... ?
That is a good post and hard to disagree with

:wink:

Regardless the board are still incompetent though!

Megsie
Club Player

thanks for making me laugh again !!!!!!!!!!