Get off your high horse!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Get off your high horse!

All the holier-than-thou, I-was-right-and-you-were-wrong posters on this board are really giving me this s***s right now.

I'm sick to death of it.

Does it make you feel any better that our coach has pissed off on us and that you never liked him or that you picked this?

We're all saints supporters, why are some of us demanding apologies and just telling everyone else that we were right.

Just get off your high horse and get over yourselves.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I blame you.

BTW i was right and you were wrong.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I told everyone you was going to say that.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I told everyone you was going to say that.
I was right about that as well.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
End Of An Era
Club Player

Re: Get off your high horse!

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:All the holier-than-thou, I-was-right-and-you-were-wrong posters on this board are really giving me this s***s right now.

I'm sick to death of it.

Does it make you feel any better that our coach has pissed off on us and that you never liked him or that you picked this?

We're all saints supporters, why are some of us demanding apologies and just telling everyone else that we were right.

When we were telling you that Grant Thomas should never have been sacked you ignored us. Now you have hopefully learnt your lesson. Thomas loved our club. He recruited youngsters so our club could have sustained success. Ross Lieing recruited rejects just to keep his job.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

End Of An Era wrote: Ross Lieing recruited rejects just to keep his job.
How does that work considering he left?

Lance or James??

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

End Of An Era wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:All the holier-than-thou, I-was-right-and-you-were-wrong posters on this board are really giving me this s***s right now.

I'm sick to death of it.

When we were telling you that Grant Thomas should never have been sacked you ignored us. Now you have hopefully learnt your lesson. Thomas loved our club. He recruited youngsters so our club could have sustained success. Ross Lieing recruited rejects just to keep his job.
What the f***? That was five years ago. GT ain't coming back. i love him as coach too actually and didn't think he should've been sacked, people were expecting him to perform miracles but we were decimated with injuries in 2004-06 and i don't think we had even really peaked with that group. given what Lyon was able to achieve two years later, I think most would agree with me.

My point is it is bad enough posters and trolls from other sites have to stick the boot in without our own saying the same old s***.

Stuff that.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I thought I was going to pass wind earlier today...and I was wrong! :oops:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

That's a really high horse! :shock: ............:D

Might be the first time in a long time a coach "hasn't been sacked" by the Saints :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Smell it? I'm sitting in it!!! :shock: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I'm sick to death of it.

AND by the way I never got an apology from any numbnut on here when I called for Thomas to be sacked in 2005 so we could get a real FAIR DINKUM coach

copped plenty of abuse

four years later and there was only a couple of absolute flogs who would have still preferred Thomas

most acknowledged it was the right thing to sack him and get Lyon with plenty of hindsight

but I TOLD YOU ALL SO way before

I am a visionary

ignore at your peril

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: most acknowledged it was the right thing to sack him and get Lyon with plenty of hindsight
Wouldn't it have been better to get a coach who would coach us to a Premiership instead of Lyon?

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:

I'm sick to death of it.

AND by the way I never got an apology from any numbnut on here when I called for Thomas to be sacked in 2005 so we could get a real FAIR DINKUM coach

copped plenty of abuse

four years later and there was only a couple of absolute flogs who would have still preferred Thomas

most acknowledged it was the right thing to sack him and get Lyon with plenty of hindsight

I am a visionary

ignore at your peril
*SIGH*

once again barks, does it REALLY make you feel any better about all of this knowing you were right?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't be right to not have you here on this thread Barks :wink: :wink: We need a "sack the board" post here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good onya! You brighten up an otherwise boring morning here in valliumville :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep on raving Pal!!!!!!! (you know it makes sense you little visionary you :wink: )

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

I'm sick to death of it.

copped plenty of abuse

I am a visionary

ignore at your peril
*SIGH*

once again barks, does it REALLY make you feel any better about all of this knowing you were right?
Not really as no matter what pearls of infinite wisdom I offer most on here would not know the difference from a silk purse to a sow's ear

While I do my best to raise the collective IQ of this site and give you numbnuts some perspicacity, perspicuity and a FAIR DINKUM clue

it would seem to be a thankless task as most of you dingbats are so dumbed down you wouldn't get a drum even with a brass band up ya

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

I'm sick to death of it.

copped plenty of abuse

I am a visionary

ignore at your peril
*SIGH*

Not really as no matter what pearls of infinite wisdom I offer most on here would not know the difference from a silk purse to a sow's ear

While I do my best to raise the collective IQ of this site and give you numbnuts some perspicacity, perspicuity and a FAIR DINKUM clue

it would seem to be a thankless task as most of you dingbats are so dumbed down you wouldn't get a drum even with a brass band up ya
Thank God we have your alliterative rants to stteer us in the right direction! :!:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

seriously barks get a f****** clue
making yourself out to be some friggin messiah of the site smarks of cabbageness and floggness

everyones a numpty except barks
i await my medal of spasticness

Royston
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
barks4eva wrote: most acknowledged it was the right thing to sack him and get Lyon with plenty of hindsight
Wouldn't it have been better to get a coach who would coach us to a Premiership instead of Lyon?

Who would you suggest JM?

I think Lyon is one of the better coaches out there and really raised the bar at our club, earning the respect of the footy world on the way through.
Crucial time for the club coming up - stadium deals, membership and especially on the field.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Royston wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

I think Lyon is one of the better coaches out there and really raised the bar at our club, earning the respect of the footy world on the way through.
Crucial time for the club coming up - stadium deals, membership and especially on the field.
Don't know.

But with the gift of hindsight that Barks4Eva is talking about, I'd have been more inclined to go with someone other than Lyon!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:seriously barks get a f****** clue
making yourself out to be some friggin messiah of the site smarks of cabbageness and floggness

everyones a numpty except barks
i await my medal of spasticness
:lol: damn straight

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What JM is saying - and what I'll spell out for you - is that you judge and assess people by results...close enough just doesn't cut it as far as coaches are concerned...No-one says Eade is a champion coach at present and the guy actually did ok over his career up 'til now...

Sure Lyon gets a pass mark for getting us into the GF's, but don't tell me that the team wouldn't have naturally improved and learnt from the 04/05/06 years. We had a champion team that was the equal of Cats in 04/05 and Ross did not deliver. I didn't and never will solely credit Ross for getting us there.

Rooy is a champion. Lenny is a champion...Have a look at their playing records and their whole careers as players. Is Ross a champion coach? Can he deliver over a sustained period...as Jack Elliot used to say; "Pigs arse."
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 16 Sep 2011 12:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I was right and wrong because I said he would stay and go. I am more pissed off with the people who had inside knowledge. Please next time call it as it really is, a guess.

Royston
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Royston wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Don't know.

But with the gift of hindsight that Barks4Eva is talking about, I'd have been more inclined to go with someone other than Lyon!

Yeah, hindsight is great.

Interesting thinking about the whole thing. As supporters we have a passion for the club that you can't expect an incoming coach to have. They view it as a job, as they should.
Is a 5 year tenure all we should expect - don't know. Perhaps because we were so close you want RL to re-load and go again, perhaps we will be better off with some new coaching blood.
Everyone has their own expectations I suppose and as supporters we all see things differently and/or look for different things.

I think it is simplist to say he didn't develop the youth - if he had played them most likely we wouldn't have challenged for a flag.
You can't have your cake and eat it.

Paul Hudson's was employed as a developmental coach was he not?

I tend to see from where we have come from, the lows of the 80's into a team that GT moulded to a degree, into RL's era of 2 GF's. This era brough a greater respect and an expectation we will be competitive each and every time we play.
Also I was almost proud that he was supposedly so in demand by other teams - we had something that others wanted, not a common occurance for our club.
I suppose I wanted Ross to be there for an extended period as the last 5 years, while obviously frustrating with the GF results was also a fantastic and enjoyable time to be a Sainter.

Perhaps 5 years is the new 10 years in the disposable world we live in...

Interesting times...

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Royston wrote: I think it is simplist to say he didn't develop the youth - if he had played them most likely we wouldn't have challenged for a flag.
You can't have your cake and eat it.
How soon and conveniently we forget...

Why isn't it possible to develop your list and introduce debutants into the team, if you're aiming for a premiership?

Malthouse in 2010 played Lockyer, Medhurst, Anthony, and other established players throughout the year including Josh Fraser and Presti, but in the lead up to what he saw as his best chance to clinch the cup - he went with Blair, wellingham, MacCaffer, Beams, Dawes and nathan Brown among others. How were we going to match their speed with zones and structures and 'role' players.

Malthouse was playing these guys throughout 2008/09/10 and giving them game time and creating competition for spots in their side. How many Rising Star nominations did saints players get in 2008/2009/2010? Pendlebury was only what - 21 last year, and then you've got the dash of Thomas - how was Bakes and other soldiers likes Blake going to keep up with these young guys...

I know we came close. I do not give credit to Lyon for getting us there or for us getting close. Lenny the lionheart and BJ the airealist nearly got us over the line...but we were behind most of the day. Chasing teams on the scoreboard and thinking about restricting them rather than having multiple attacking strategies does not work in our great game...Ross Lyon is better suited to soccer. He is an ordinary coach and not a good teacher, leader or motivator of elite athletes.