CJ going with Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Dempster can do his job and is better in the air. Trade him for youth for all i care. I have no real emotional attachment to Jones compared to others.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Dempster can do his job and is better in the air. Trade him for youth for all i care. I have no real emotional attachment to Jones compared to others.
A bit harsh seeing this is based on an unsubstantiated rumour. He's a St Kilda player through and through, nearly 100 games for the club and one of the premier taggers in the competition. It was only a year or two ago that he was the premier tagger.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Griggsy
SS Life Member

battye wrote:
Griggsy wrote:Dempster can do his job and is better in the air. Trade him for youth for all i care. I have no real emotional attachment to Jones compared to others.
A bit harsh seeing this is based on an unsubstantiated rumour. He's a St Kilda player through and through, nearly 100 games for the club and one of the premier taggers in the competition. It was only a year or two ago that he was the premier tagger.
Not being mean, all the best to him if thats what happens. But just never saw him as a spiritual part of the side, he has been serviceable but can be replaced. If he was to stay then that would be great but I won't be losing any sleep.

Props for running down Buddy though.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i dont care who wants to go anymore
F*** it

it someone on our list wants to go now the going is tough then F*** off
right now
seriously
loyalty is what i think most people want

i mean 6.5 or 7.5 million
how much is enough ffs?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i dont care who wants to go anymore
F*** it

it someone on our list wants to go now the going is tough then F*** off
right now
seriously
loyalty is what i think most people want

i mean 6.5 or 7.5 million
how much is enough ffs?
Would you leave your job if you were offered over 4 million more elsewhere?

The real issue is Ross Lyon should not have been available!

"spirit of the contract" means shyte and particularly if someone else is offering a multi million dollar bonus

and you get to leave Seaford at the same time 8-)

might miss the picturesque Kananook Creek but I'm sure the coin will defray those concerns

sRaf
Club Player

I don't know why, but I've always referred to Jones as "the good guy" of the AFL. Seems to do nothing out of line, performs week in week out and has snuck under the radar until late last year. Teams plan for him now and try to nullify his influence, because it is undoubtedly top notch. I have top respect for him as a footballer.

Gives his all and will surely be missed if he leaves and all the best to him. Hoping he doesn't though. Valuable asset to our club and deserves to be offered a lucrative deal.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Luckily ledger has a year next year. I would punch on if ross took my favourite player. Ledge don't even think about it. Saints mgt. Sign ledge up now.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Jones, Ray, Ledger, Walsh... anyone else?

Gee, the AFL must have changed the rules last night while we were all busy discussing Ross Bloody Lyon!

Can someone tell me how the ex coach gets to take half the Saints side with him to WA :shock:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

CJ has a life in melb a g/f who I believe he is engaged to who is a Melbourne girl .. I'm not sure the "go home factor " will be strong

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
savatage
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Luckily ledger has a year next year. I would punch on if ross took my favourite player. Ledge don't even think about it. Saints mgt. Sign ledge up now.
This was my first thought also. Take Jones...Take Ray....get ya fkn mits off Ledger.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Last I looked CJ was a St. Kilda listed player. I think he might be eligible for free agency in 2014 but until then he has to tell the club he wants out and it is their discretion to strike a trade, or he takes his chances in the draft.

That is the way it works. Coaches don't "take players with them".

You reckon Rossy has any credits left with St. Kilda? There won't be any Paul Roos charity this year.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
savatage
SS Life Member

InkerSaint wrote:Last I looked CJ was a St. Kilda listed player. I think he might be eligible for free agency in 2014 but until then he has to tell the club he wants out and it is their discretion to strike a trade, or he takes his chances in the draft.

That is the way it works. Coaches don't "take players with them".

You reckon Rossy has any credits left with St. Kilda? There won't be any Paul Roos charity this year.
No charity there at all...so if he's desperate for CJ - he'd have to pay through the ear....which could be a good thing for us...