Some fascinating quotes...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Some fascinating quotes...

A quick bit of Google searching -

Jon Ralph in the Herald Sun, Wedesday, Sept 14.
“You will not hear one bad word about Lyon from his senior players
because he trusts them, and they trust him. That word - trust - is vital
because he has told his players he is in for the long haulâ€

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Some fascinating quotes...

philtee wrote:Ross Lyon, The Australian, September 13.
“My position hasn't changed. I don't deal in rumour and innuendo and certainly I'm as committed as I've ever been to my role. My status hasn't changed one iota."
maybe he was never very committed?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I can't help but think that something has happened within the Club. Why would Ross suddenly change direction - just for the money?

Reality has now set in and we need to get on with the job. Let's hope that the right decision is made, but there sure is a lot of competition out there for coaches.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Junction Oval wrote:I can't help but think that something has happened within the Club. Why would Ross suddenly change direction - just for the money?

Reality has now set in and we need to get on with the job. Let's hope that the right decision is made, but there sure is a lot of competition out there for coaches.
Thats the thing, has he changed direction? To me, he has pulled the wool over everyones eyes for the past month. Made St Kilda look stupid, made Mark Harvey look stupid and made his management company look stupid.

The fact he went behind his managements back, means to me that he was trying to deceive them - obviously if they knew, they'd have to look after their other client in Mark Harvey to find him a position too.

Mark my words this is a bigger deception and will do more damage to our club than LB.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

As always, actions speak louder than words

Max Hudghton- shafted, Luke Ball- shafted, Saints current playing group- shafted, and saints fans also shafted by the man.

Lyons blunders ( feel free to add your thoughts):

1. bringing Gtrain out of retirement instead of blooding a new forward when the time was right...one goes, one new guy comes in. Try a guy out and if he's no good, try another new guy at FF;
2. high risk strategy in risking losing L Ball and not embracing him and showing leadership to get everyone on the same page to keep him at our club for a few extra measly bucks...he's worth five Dean Polos- that's a given.
3. his persistence in retaining older players on the list instead of culling at end of 09 and 10. He only retained them and he only brought in established 'role' players for self-pereservation, not because they were going to be the best option for the club to aim for a flag.

Ross Lyan has left a legacy for sure, but we'll be better without him - that's a given.
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 16 Sep 2011 11:59am, edited 1 time in total.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

It boils down to the fact that we wouldn't want such a machavellian selfish scumbag near our club. Glad the rat has left. Now it's sink or swim time.
He's Freo's problem now - i wonder how their players must be feeling?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I can't help but think that something has happened within the Club. Why would Ross suddenly change direction - just for the money?

He is a control freak so appointment of pelchen didn't please him.
Anyway. U can always come up with somethingm but 7 mill is 4 more than we were offering. Maybe 6 more.