Nettlefold to speak on MMM in 5 minutes (around 7.20AM EST)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Nettlefold to speak on MMM in 5 minutes (around 7.20AM EST)

Just thought I would let everyone know !!!

to listen online

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
SteveStevens66
Club Player

He is on now and sounds absolutely spineless. He shows no anger, no sense of betrayal. Instead, he said, "Ross came to talk to me yesterday and he was disappointed to be leaving us." WTF????

Does Nettlefold actually believe this or is he just a thoughtless corporate drone who spouts pre-fabbed lines.

He also said that since Malthouse has a contract, "we will not be approaching him"

His manner shows him to be completely and utterly out of touch with the sentiments of the supporters. He displayed no passion whatsoever. I expect nothing good to come from this bloke at the helm.

Carna Saints!!!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

On Now (7.25am)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:He is on now and sounds absolutely spineless. He shows no anger, no sense of betrayal. Instead, he said, "Ross came to talk to me yesterday and he was disappointed to be leaving us." WTF????

Does Nettlefold actually believe this or is he just a thoughtless corporate drone who spouts pre-fabbed lines.

He also said that since Malthouse has a contract, "we will not be approaching him"

His manner shows him to be completely and utterly out of touch with the sentiments of the supporters. He displayed no passion whatsoever. I expect nothing good to come from this bloke at the helm.
Yep must say i was disappointed with the MM comment. Surely everyone is fair game.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

He's a professional.

Not going to bleat like the morons on here.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:He's a professional.

He doesnt have to bleat. He could have easily said any coach is fair game. That is bleating. It is proving we will do anything to get a coach.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

bigred wrote:He's a professional.

For starters, I'm not a moron. Second, a bloodless, spineless response is not a mark of professionalism. At this moment in time it is weak and does nothing to rally everyone together.

Carna Saints!!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Did I detect a gloating tone in Eddie's voice?

Maybe we should pursue Malthouse.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

So.....

People were expecting him to go on the radio and act like an 18 yr old girl who just got dumped by her long term boyfriend? (No Kim Duthie jokes please)

Get a clue!!!

I thought he spoke well and make it clear we're already in the process of moving forward.

Here's a fact, Ross Lyon didn't win us a Premiership, so let's go find ourselves a coach that will.

Saints94
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:So.....

People were expecting him to go on the radio and act like an 18 yr old girl who just got dumped by her long term boyfriend? (No Kim Duthie jokes please)

Get a clue!!!

I thought he spoke well and make it clear we're already in the process of moving forward.

Here's a fact, Ross Lyon didn't win us a Premiership, so let's go find ourselves a coach that will.
+1

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

also been on sen
and will be or has been on AW

right now - the club do need to work through the process- No time for hysteria and too much angst - as it will only prove there is no control-
what most of us would want is Cool heads

AW now

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:also been on sen

right now - the club do need to work through the process- No time for hysteria and too much angst - as it will only prove there is no control-

AW now
Who has said we dont want cool heads. You can show emotion though and say we are after the best available coach whether contracted or not.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

some of the comments
borgsta1978 Ash
by MorningGlorySEN
Michael Nettlefold not stooping to Ross Lyon's level by making him stay at the club 3 months. @MorningGlorySEN

stuwoo72 STUART
by MorningGlorySEN
@MorningGlorySEN Michael Nettlefold very impressive at the moment!! Saints heading in the right direction!!

borgsta1978 Ash
by MorningGlorySEN
@MorningGlorySEN Michael Nettlefold, well spoken and even though I dislike St. Kilda very much, you did a good job on the radio.

magwheeler85 Ricky Scott
by MorningGlorySEN
@MorningGlorySEN what a great interview. He handled himself unbelievably good. And didn't bag out Ross Lyon.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

AW now
Who has said we dont want cool heads. You can show emotion though and say we are after the best available coach whether contracted or not.
categorically stated that Saints wouldn't go after Malthouse because he is contracted.

Strange comment considering Lyon and Freo conspired to break his contract.

maybe that is the only swipe that Nettlefold could bring himself to do.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

AW now
categorically stated that Saints wouldn't go after Malthouse because he is contracted.

Well he was talking to Eddie. Wouldn't want to telegraph his intentions so publicly I guess (presuming that would be his intentions)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

AW now

Well he was talking to Eddie. Wouldn't want to telegraph his intentions so publicly I guess (presuming that would be his intentions)
The interview I heard was on SEN when he said no.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

AW now

sorry bigcarl to confuse - he said that on SEN not MMM.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SteveStevens66
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Exactly. No one is asking him to go off half cocked. It is about being passionate. Sorry for those who can't tell the difference.

In fact a caller just rang SEN to talk about Nettlefold's comment about Malthouse and the panel is now saying that was very weak of him and that he needs to drop that line immediately.

Carna Saints!!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

AW now

sorry bigcarl to confuse - he said that on SEN not MMM.
Ah, okay. I wouldn't read too much into it even so. That's pretty much what a guy in his position would say.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Would hope that the person in charge regardless of what they are feeling or what I want them to feel, would be committed to the stability of the club.

What good would it do if he got on and vented his spleen. How does that help the stability of the club.

I am shattered right now, but if the leader of our club showed no stability then I would be even worse.

It is hard enough for us members and supporters right now, without our club falling apart as well.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Why can't some of you tell the difference between showing measured passion and venting his spleen?

It must be SS. It is mostly about spleen venting. :)

Carna Saints!!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It's good to remain cool, calm and collected. But Nettlefold sometimes gives me the impression of being rather passive: a bit like a rabbit caught in thr spotlight.

I know most on here don't have much time for GT, but I think that's what he was trying to say about Nettlefold in recent weeks and maybe he's got a point.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Ice Wolf
Club Player

I very much doubt the club would approach Malthouse before Collingwood's season is over, I'll assume that is all Nettleford meant in regards to that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:I very much doubt the club would approach Malthouse before Collingwood's season is over, I'll assume that is all Nettleford meant in regards to that.
No it duidnt sound anything like that. It sounded it exactly as he said it. He is under contract so we arent interested at all.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:I very much doubt the club would approach Malthouse before Collingwood's season is over, I'll assume that is all Nettleford meant in regards to that.
I personally don't want Malthouse.

But that aside, if he was to come to St Kilda I'd want his people to be coming to us about it. They know the job's available.

MM is under contract and has said he won't be coaching next year. I don't want to drag him Blighty style into the place.

If he wants it then he should come and get it.