*List Lyon's points-against here*

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

"The problem is our list is only suited to playing one way".

Actually, no.

We have players with their futures ahead of them in Siposs, Steven, McEvoy, Clarke, Crocker, Winmar, Gilbert, Armitage, Stanley, Cripps, Ledger, Smith and Cahill.

Plus we have a core of very good footballers in Hayes, Montagna, Riewoldt, Schneider, Goddard, Koschitzke, Fisher, Dal Santo and Gwilt.

Then we have some GOP's in Jones, Ray and Dempster - each of them honest footballers at least.

What we do need is for the players with their futures ahead of them to progress.

Plus we have those we will draft.

And those who will remain on our list for 2012 - and who will be replaced thru the season by those with their futures ahead of them.

The new coach has the challenge to develop the side - and develop those players with their futures ahead of them.

I would expect that the recruiting of mediocre players from other clubs will now cease - and that is a positive move.

Instead of role players getting a second chance we will draft kids looking to provide us with excitement.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:"The problem is our list is only suited to playing one way".

Actually, no.

We have players with their futures ahead of them in Siposs, Steven, McEvoy, Clarke, Crocker, Winmar, Gilbert, Armitage, Stanley, Cripps, Ledger, Smith and Cahill.

Plus we have a core of very good footballers in Hayes, Montagna, Riewoldt, Schneider, Goddard, Koschitzke, Fisher, Dal Santo and Gwilt.

Then we have some GOP's in Jones, Ray and Dempster - each of them honest footballers at least.

What we do need is for the players with their futures ahead of them to progress.

Plus we have those we will draft.

And those who will remain on our list for 2012 - and who will be replaced thru the season by those with their futures ahead of them.

The new coach has the challenge to develop the side - and develop those players with their futures ahead of them.

I would expect that the recruiting of mediocre players from other clubs will now cease - and that is a positive move.

Instead of role players getting a second chance we will draft kids looking to provide us with excitement.
At it again. Core group of very good footballers and dont include Milne but put in Schneider and Kosi. When will you stop this hatred of Milney. It just shows you lack of footy knowledge. And Cahill, yep funny.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
gringo wrote:The guy walked like a prostitute.
:lol: :lol:
+ :lol: :lol:
You wanted to have has babies 2 days ago spaceman. Whenever I mentioned he was not the messiah and pointed out his weaknesses I was ridiculed .

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:TRAITOR !!!!
+1

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

wolfpup wrote:
half way through 2008 we werent playing that great but managed to scrape into 4th after smashing the bombers by what 120 points (dont remember) in the last game

2009 great year however missed winning the gf

2010 just got over geelong in the 1st final and also just missed winning the gf. also, last year we seemed to win a hell of a lot of close games eg against richmond, bulldogs, etc)
What a great summary. Just think to yourselves all you Lyon supporters how lucky we have been to just get over the line in the pre-lims in the last two years. We got into the last day of the year 2 yrs running, hurrah, R Lyon will forever be the Messiah....hang on...we didn't get any silver ware.

How is it that the Hawks got over the line in 2008 and we couldn't in 2009? How is it that the Magpies had faith in Beams, McCaffer, Blair, Goldsack, Wellingham and Sidebottom and the Saints line up for GF1 and GF2 lacked the youth and speed that is demanded in the modern game?

I remember after playing the doggies in the pre-lim in 09 and just getting over the line that in 2010 they were going to be just as tough if not harder to beat. I was so nervous about playing them again last year that I drank myself into a stupour so that I could cope with the anxiety and lead up before the match...

y'know, we would all be seeing Ross differently if the dogs got into two grand finals in a row instead of the Saints. The thing is...they may as well have.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
meher baba wrote:Gee you lot are funny! He'll hath no fury and all that!

I never had much time for Ross: his funny voice and his mincing walk. But he was an excellent coach and got results. But coaches are expendable: Geelong lost Bomber last year and are all the better for it.

We've basically dodged a bullet: the cost of keeping him would have been more than we could afford, in many senses.
Could be true for reasons discussed.

The problem is that our list is only suited to playing one way.
It is now. Any flair has been well and truly washed out.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

2007 1941
2008 2232
2009 1596
2010 1910
2011 1759

Total of 9438 over 123 games

Do you want his points for as well or am I missing the point?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
gringo wrote:The guy walked like a prostitute.
:lol: :lol:
+ :lol: :lol:
You wanted to have has babies 2 days ago spaceman. Whenever I mentioned he was not the messiah and pointed out his weaknesses I was ridiculed .
You are seriously deluded Con. Maybe I upset you with a comment along the way and if so I apolgise.

Yes I've defended Ross while he was coach. But I've never wanted to give birth to his kids and I've never suggested he was the messiah or ridiculed anyone who thought he wasn't.

Anyway, what the hell has that got to do with me having a laugh at his strange walking style?