When are people going to realise that this is a business.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rush 74

When are people going to realise that this is a business.

Its not a business for supporters because its in our blood but I can tell you now that the OVERWHELMING majority are in this AFL game to make money while they can. Lyon has gone and will get paid enough to set him and his family for the rest of his life. Think about it 7.5 million who would not do it?

Clubs treat coaches like garbage when things are not going well, Just ask Mark Harvey, Matthew Knights, etc etc

Until people realise that this is about money they will continually be pissed off when this stuff happens

andrewg
Club Player

Rush are you Ross Lyon??? If so how is the flight?? Also any chance of jumping out of the plane?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

It's not a business for us fuckers that have been members and have invested big bucks for much longer than fuckers like RL (see business) have been involved.

f*** off Filth trolls.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:It's not a business for us fuckers that have been members and have invested big bucks for much longer than fuckers like RL (see business) have been involved.

f*** off Filth trolls.
Sound like your in a good mood tonight.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh he's ecstatic
gee i wonder why

i wonder why a lot of peeps on here are not f****** happy at the moment?

maybe its my lame ass avatar :?

realdeal
Club Player

the way he went about this is disgraceful! This has been in the works for a while. The fact his management knew nothing of it and thought he was about to sign with the saints shows enough.

He spoke about honesty, integrity etc etc... look at him now.

Its not what you do its how you go about it.. he's now a mercenary. at least going to the demons wouldve been a natural progression.

Be careful when Ross looks you in the eye. I supported him and he's a great coach but............

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:It's not a business for us fuckers that have been members and have invested big bucks for much longer than fuckers like RL (see business) have been involved.

f*** off Filth trolls.

:shock: :D :D :D

Having a ball

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

f*** off Filth trolls.
You seem happy the coach has blindsided the players, has negotiated a new job while we were going through a finals tilt, and walked out after texting his management yesterday that he would accept the Saints offer.

Good on you P66, make sure you really turn the knife into some Saints supporters emotions while at the same time defending Ross Lyon.

You are in your element tonight.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

cabbage

(sorry joffa)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:oh he's ecstatic
gee i wonder why

Could be. I actually think it is a great opportunity to rebuild with a new young coach. cant we try and at least see some positves about this. He wasnt on the radar when GT was sacked so maybe our next coach may be even better. Better to think that way and get a good nights sleep than be angry with whol friggin world.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed

but young coach???
ill have the best avl thanks no matter the age

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
gee i wonder why

Could be. I actually think it is a great opportunity to rebuild with a new young coach. cant we try and at least see some positves about this. He wasnt on the radar when GT was sacked so maybe our next coach may be even better. Better to think that way and get a good nights sleep than be angry with whol friggin world.
Apart from the way he did it - and that's a huge f****** apart - I couldn't be more relieved to have Ross Lyon not coaching our team anymore.

And I hope and trust some players feel the same way.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

f*** off Filth trolls.
You seem happy the coach has blindsided the players, has negotiated a new job while we were going through a finals tilt, and walked out after texting his management yesterday that he would accept the Saints offer.

Good on you P66, make sure you really turn the knife into some Saints supporters emotions while at the same time defending Ross Lyon.

Just tell me one post where I have defended RL. Just one JB. I have said I will wait to I speak to someone to find out the truth and then I will happenly bag him if he has done the wrtong thing. I dont get anger and I am sorry about that. I dont get hate either and I am sorry about that.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Some honesty would have gone a long way.

Richter
SS Life Member

Re: When are people going to realise that this is a business

rush 74 wrote:Lyon has gone and will get paid enough to set him and his family for the rest of his life. Think about it 7.5 million who would not do it?

Clubs treat coaches like garbage when things are not going well, Just ask Mark Harvey, Matthew Knights, etc etc

Until people realise that this is about money they will continually be pissed off when this stuff happens
Disagree. Not everything in business, or life, is about money - anybody who thinks it is is either a merchant banker or a city lawyer.

Plenty of people make the choice to sacrifice a bit of coin for the sake of integrity. AFL is full of players who have turned down big bucks to stay with their mates.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bozza1980
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gee i wonder why

It may well be, unfortunately it's not always easy to see better days ahead through the rage.

So many feelings swirling around, bewilderment, hurt, rage, it's hard to know what I actually think let alone start thinking rationally.

I guess some people (myself included) sometimes cry for the half glass spilt rather than look forward to the half glass remaining.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

f*** off Filth trolls.

Just tell me one post where I have defended RL. Just one JB. I have said I will wait to I speak to someone to find out the truth and then I will happenly bag him if he has done the wrtong thing. I dont get anger and I am sorry about that. I dont get hate either and I am sorry about that.
So the facts as presented

1) he negotiated with a rival club while we were in a finals campaign is not doing wrong?

2) Is telling the players yesterday he is committed to the STKFC yesterday and walks out today doing wrong?

3) Is sending a text yesterday to his management saying he would except the Saints new contract while dealing behind his managements back doing wrong?

I dont hate either, but Lyon has broken his contract, and broken his word, but according to you thats fine.

Well done mate, good one.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

f*** off Filth trolls.

So the facts as presented

1) he negotiated with a rival club while we were in a finals campaign is not doing wrong?

2) Is telling the players yesterday he is committed to the STKFC yesterday and walks out today doing wrong?

3) Is sending a text yesterday to his management saying he would except the Saints new contract while dealing behind his managements back doing wrong?

I dont hate either, but Lyon has broken his contract, and broken his word, but according to you thats fine.

Well done mate, good one.
When have I said it is fine to break a contract. Again not once. I said there is no point in suing him and I have also said I will wait for the whole facts which I will find out tomorrow. Surely that isnt sticking up for him.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Negotiating with a rival club going into a finals series would most surely be solid ground for instant dismissal.

Then he treats his playing group, staff, his employer and his management group employees with complete contempt by telling lies.

Ross Lyon can go f*** himself.

As a long term member I have invested plenty into this business.

If one of my staff did something like this inwould frog march them straight out the door.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Johnny Favier
Club Player

I'm over this already and understand he's securing his family's financial future, but I'm absolutely disgusted in the way he's gone about this whole thing.

I feel for guys the calibre of Riewoldt who have put their absolute trust in him and their heart and soul into our club, only to be blindsided by a hypocritical and deceitful man.

Roo must be at a pretty low ebb right now.

Ross Lyon, I had a lot of respect for you but that's all gone now.

You've turned out to be a s*** bloke.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

rush 74 wrote:Its not a business for supporters because its in our blood but I can tell you now that the OVERWHELMING majority are in this AFL game to make money while they can. Lyon has gone and will get paid enough to set him and his family for the rest of his life. Think about it 7.5 million who would not do it?

thanks for the business lesson.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
noreason41
Club Player

rush 74 wrote:Its not a business for supporters because its in our blood but I can tell you now that the OVERWHELMING majority are in this AFL game to make money while they can. Lyon has gone and will get paid enough to set him and his family for the rest of his life. Think about it 7.5 million who would not do it?

When will people like you realise that we all know he did it for the money. No s*** sherlock. Thanks.

Difference is, we all care about the club. We bleed for the club. We would sell our souls to just have a chance to be involved with the club. We expect everyone to be the same.

Welcome to being a true supporter.

I couldn't give a flying f*** if Lyon did what's best for him or not. Personally, he f***ed over my club. Sorry, but i don't forgive for indiscretions against my club so easily.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

bigred wrote:Negotiating with a rival club going into a finals series would most surely be solid ground for instant dismissal.

Then he treats his playing group, staff, his employer and his management group employees with complete contempt by telling lies.

Ross Lyon can go f*** himself.

As a long term member I have invested plenty into this business.

If one of my staff did something like this inwould frog march them straight out the door.
This.

Well said.

Dog act by RL (and also Fremantle).

Karma is a b***h.

The Saints are coming!