Is RL about to become the most hated in AFL history?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Now we hear all the crap that he is a bad coach from the same people who said he was a great coach.
How said he was a bad coach?

We just now know he is a c#nt of a person.
Plenty have all of sudden found many faults with him. There are many posts like that.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:ffs plugger
wouldnt of expected you to be the only one not seeing a problem with lying to players and walking out on a contract when you said to everyone you are staying committed
if you cant see that, which i know you can, then youre just looking for an argument really
I am not looking for an argument. i really dont care that he has left. It sounds like he did it the wrong way but until I speak to some players to find out i wont just accept crap written on here that the players thought he was staying. He certainly didnt tell the public that.

Now we hear all the crap that he is a bad coach from the same people who said he was a great coach. If they really think he is bad coach they should be feeling like me and either dont care that he has left or be even happy he has left. Maybe they are lying to themselves and really think he was a great coach.
i agree with this point.

it pisses me off to no end to see everyone saying he will be crap and Freo will be s*** now.

I think he'll be the one to take Freo to a flag in the next three or four years while we flounder down the bottom and the way he has gone about it disgusts me and make me think he's a snake.

but I won't deny he is one of if not our most successful coach ever in terms of winning games.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:well grammy twittered he was in shock and said yesterday he was painted a very diff pic

if thats not straight from the horses mouth i dunno what is
Well I will speak to some players. That is more from the players mouth than a horse.
oh well bully for you :roll:
someone must of logged in under grammys name after getting his password and tweeted total crap then
f*** off plugger
seriously stinger is right
you are a twit

not even going to bother responding anymore

cabbage

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Iceman, seriously, peppermint aero.....now!
Mmmmm peppermint aero...

How on earth do you remember that?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Now we hear all the crap that he is a bad coach from the same people who said he was a great coach.
He was a good coach ... with certain limitations.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Mmmmm peppermint aero...

I remember everything 8-)

Seriously though, eat some and settle petal.

andrewg
Club Player

Plugga the players didnt know. I just heard from one 30min ago and he is shattered as of tonight. Its a fact, in time you will reach the same conclusion.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Mmmmm peppermint aero...

I remember everything 8-)

Seriously though, eat some and settle petal.
Done.

I'm pissed off tho.

Mmmm peppermint aero

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:well grammy twittered he was in shock and said yesterday he was painted a very diff pic

Well I will speak to some players. That is more from the players mouth than a horse.
someone must of logged in under grammys name after getting his password and tweeted total crap then
f*** off plugger
you are a twit

cabbage
What is wrong with you. Have you got issues that we can help you with? I havent even had a slight go at you and you carry on like a 5 year old and now you are agreeing with Stinger. My god seek help. What is wrong with me wanting to hear something directly from a player. I would have thought we would all love the truth. Maybe you are happy with hearsay.

suss
Club Player

meher baba wrote:He won't be hated by me.

I have predicted many times that the day would come when the former Lyon worshippers/GT haters would all be bagging the s*** out of him and I would be sticking up for him.

He didn't play for us and had absolutely nothing to do with us before 2096.

Our club is one where coaches typically end up getting sacked and never get another gig. Ross has walked out on his own terms after achieving solid results.

We'll find another one. He might be better than Ross.

But Ross was good. He could coach and he gave his all for us. Then the market spoke and off he went. It happens. Get over it, the lot of you.
He went about it in totally the wrong way. I can accept that he left for money - most people can - but blindsiding the club and his own management while they were effectively at terms is absolutely disgraceful and cannot be justified by you or the antagonist.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MB.

Hardly anyone on here questioning his ability as a coach.

This is more about his integrity.

Very, very good coach.

Doctor Two
Club Player

he was a good coach

but let face it in the end at the saints he was no better then Gellie, Sheldon, Doc, Alves, Thomas, Jezza, Patterson, Ross Smith, Timmy, Blighty whom all failed to bring home the bacon.

No prizes for second

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

f*** off plugger
you are a twit

cabbage
What is wrong with you. Have you got issues that we can help you with? I havent even had a slight go at you and you carry on like a 5 year old and now you are agreeing with Stinger. My god seek help. What is wrong with me wanting to hear something directly from a player. I would have thought we would all love the truth. Maybe you are happy with hearsay.
plugger you pratt
a player tweeting IS hearing it directly from a player

ffs

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:

I have predicted many times that the day would come when the former Lyon worshippers/GT haters would all be bagging the s*** out of him and I would be sticking up for him.

Our club is one where coaches typically end up getting sacked and never get another gig. Ross has walked out on his own terms after achieving solid results.

But Ross was good. He could coach and he gave his all for us. Then the market spoke and off he went. It happens. Get over it, the lot of you.
He went about it in totally the wrong way. I can accept that he left for money - most people can - but blindsiding the club and his own management while they were effectively at terms is absolutely disgraceful and cannot be justified by you or the antagonist.
+1

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
suss wrote:

+1
+2

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

f*** off plugger
you are a twit

cabbage
plugger you pratt
a player tweeting IS hearing it directly from a player

ffs
What has he said apart from being surprised? i want to hear if RL told them 100% he was coaching next year. I cannot even see the slight problem with wanting to know that.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

He was an excellent coach.

Best we have had in bloody fifty years!

His actions fly in the face of everything he has said since coming to the club.

I say f*** him.

And I wont be the only one.

As Joffa said, sure you can leave but there are ways to do it and this way is pretty damn low.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

fair enough

let us know what roo says when you go see him in hospital

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And people will now look at the 08-09 drafting period without ross coloured glasses and understand the enormity of the f... Up

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:fair enough

let us know what roo says when you go see him in hospital
Dont know him that well. May try someone else.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:

He went about it in totally the wrong way. I can accept that he left for money - most people can - but blindsiding the club and his own
management while they were effectively at terms is absolutely disgraceful and cannot be justified by you or the antagonist.
I feel I don't know enough of the inside story to be as judgemental as you and most on here are being. Perhaps he did behave like a s***, perhaps not: I don't know.

He would have had to "blindside" his management because they were also Mark Harvey's management. Did he lie to the club and the players? I don't know.

He certainly didn't lie to the media: he was as vague and dissembling in the last few weeks as he has always been.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:And people will now look at the 08-09 drafting period without ross coloured glasses and understand the enormity of the f... Up
not me. I've been saying for the last three years, leave the trades/recycled players alone, go for good picks in the draft instead. D'you think Snake listened to me? No, he still went for gamble, Polo, Peake, Birss (FFS, remember him?)

suss
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
suss wrote:

He went about it in totally the wrong way. I can accept that he left for money - most people can - but blindsiding the club and his own
management while they were effectively at terms is absolutely disgraceful and cannot be justified by you or the antagonist.
I feel I don't know enough of the inside story to be as judgemental as you and most on here are being. Perhaps he did behave like a s***, perhaps not: I don't know.

He would have had to "blindside" his management because they were also Mark Harvey's management. Did he lie to the club and the players? I don't know.

He certainly didn't lie to the media: he was as vague and dissembling in the last few weeks as he has always been.
He was sacked by his management tonight. They had no idea that he even done the deal. That's what makes his conduct unprecedented.

realdeal
Club Player

matrix wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
suss wrote:

+1
+2
+3. the way he went about this is disgraceful! This has been in the works for a while. The fact his management knew nothing of it and thought he was about to sign with the saints shows enough.

He spoke about honesty, integrity etc etc... look at him now.

Its not what you do its how you go about it.. he's now a mercenary. at least going to the demons wouldve been a natural progression.

Be careful when Ross looks you in the eye. I supported him and he's a great coach but............

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

realdeal wrote:
matrix wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
suss wrote:

+1
+2
+3. the way he went about this is disgraceful! This has been in the works for a while. The fact his management knew nothing of it and thought he was about to sign with the saints shows enough.

He spoke about honesty, integrity etc etc... look at him now.

Its not what you do its how you go about it.. he's now a mercenary. at least going to the demons wouldve been a natural progression.

Be careful when Ross looks you in the eye. I supported him and he's a great coach but............
+4 - used to love Lyon. Now I hate him. Piss off, Snake.