Get ready for years of pain Saints fans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Get ready for years of pain Saints fans

Lyon has shredded our list and now with compromised drafts we will be in big trouble for years.

Also with no coach, we may see the back of players like bj and other of our few elites as they search for a flag.

The Saints will survive but look forward to seasons of mediocre results.

We are in strife. When we needed our coach the most, he leaves in decietful circumstances.

Very grubby and puts us in a very poor situation.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: Get ready for years of pain Saints fans

joffaboy wrote:Lyon has shredded our list and now with compromised drafts we will be in big trouble for years.

Also with no coach, we may see the back of players like bj and other of our few elites as they search for a flag.

We are in strife. When we needed our coach the most, he leaves in decietful circumstances.

+1

The list is in terrible shape in comparison to our competitors. Probably another reason why Ross is gone.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

"Also with no coach, we may see the back of players like bj and other of our few elites as they search for a flag"

Or they think could think stuff Ross, we'll show him?

wolfpup
Club Player

nope

top 4 next year 8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yep unfortunately...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:"Also with no coach, we may see the back of players like bj and other of our few elites as they search for a flag"

Do you honestly think that is what they are thinking.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I'm genuinely excited about seeing some new faces in the side. Agree we will have some lean years. Watch us offload players for picks. It's going to be like 2000 all over again.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ummm so what else is new. Years of pain, geez I have had 50 of em

rexy
SS Life Member

drama queens, list is the same as lat week with the exception of 2 30 year olds and 2 c grade players!

Maybe this year?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Good to see some positivity. You can't say you have any idea which way we will go. 2 players lift to a new level we get Roo, Lenny and Gwilt back and a couple of our kids come good and we aren't far off. we will have a bit of serious motivation.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

No coach?...

Robert Harvey is our coach thank you very much...fill in albeit.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Good to see some positivity. You can't say you have any idea which way we will go. 2 players lift to a new level we get Roo, Lenny and Gwilt back and a couple of our kids come good and we aren't far off. we will have a bit of serious motivation.
Hope you are right. Can't rely on a 27yo, 30yo and a bloke coming off an ACL though. Need a strong group of 23-25 year olds. Which we don't have.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Good excuse to start again. Not tanking, but a look at a sensible balance of trading/drafting as our stars get towards the end of their careers.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Calm down, we have an elite top 10 who will stick around. A new coach will come in, give these blokes their heads, give the youngsters some valuable game time, trade and delist the deadwood and the club will be around the mark as per usual. We're not Richmond or Melbourne, we're St Kilda. Lyon going doesn't change anything, good riddance to the pr!ck, him and the wanchors deserve each other!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:"Also with no coach, we may see the back of players like bj and other of our few elites as they search for a flag"

That's what I'd be thinking...

Admittedly I like a challenge and to prove people wrong :wink:

lefty
Club Player

Silly post, we have a good bunch of young kids coming through.

- Sipposs
- Crocker
- Ledger
- Winmar
- Cripps
- Walsh
- Stanley
- Simpkin

The 4 delistings that have already happened in my opinion were required either due to age or simply not being good enough. There will be more to follow imo such as Cahill, Gamble, Heyne and probably Blake.

Look at Geelong, old coach leaves, new one comes in, plays a mix of kids, and their flying. We have some very good kids coming through, it just takes time and opportunity needs to be given.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well their mentor and coach has shown the way.

You are always telling us it is just a job.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dartos
Club Player

Older list
No coach
No decent draft Picks!
Problems with the new training facility
Obviously trouble with the board and .....

You don't have to be Nostradamus to figure we are up sh#t creek in a barb wire canoe!

rexy
SS Life Member

WC were wooden spooners 12 months ago and most had them bottom 4 this year, they had fully investigated their operation internally and had drug issues and players like Judd walked out on the club! They play in a semi final at home this weekend.

Maybe this year?
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Should trade some big names to gws and start fresh

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
suss
Club Player

...but we still have players with currency and a team in western Sydney who must trade away picks...and we do have some good kids coming through...and we do have quality player who can't get a game.

Life's not all bad.

What we need right now is leadership. We need a coach with a great pedegree that doesn't overrate or underrate where we're at.

kaos theory
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Lyon has shredded our list and now with compromised drafts we will be in big trouble for years.

Same thing was said about geelong last yr....don't be surpirsed if we bounce back...

Schillaci
Club Player

Right now I am very worried about 2012 and beyond. I'm also hopeful.
Even with Lyon the club appeared on a downward spiral. So long as we can keep the core group (BJ, Roo, Dal, Monty, Fish, McEvoy...) I can't see us completely bottom out. With some good draft picks and trading we could stay thereabouts like Sydney has in recent times IMO.
It's disappointing that Ross has pi$sed off and pi$sed on us but in a way it's also exciting to go chasing after a new coach....Roos, Malthouse, Craig, Tudor, Neeld...there are options and I look forward to seeing the Saints get their man. We got Ross and had 3 GF appearances with him, maybe we will get another coach who can get us there again but win the bloody thing.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Ross was done.....not a development coaches a...hole....

Glad he's gone.....maybe now we can start developing the next generation.

yes we have to recruit them first but we need to start now and not keep putting it off in search of something we aren't quite good enough to get...

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I have followed the Saints since the early 60's, so have plenty of experience in pain. The last two years were pretty painful!!

A clean-slate could be good.