Fortius Quo Fidelius never more appropriate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jakes
Club Player

Fortius Quo Fidelius never more appropriate

So I am a long time reader, past contributor (from 2003-2006) but today's news have encouraged me to write on this forum once more.

Firstly, I loved Ross - thought he was an amazing coach, was adamant he wouldn't leave us for Melbourne and am devastated by the news. But I won't pass any judgment on Ross until my thoughts are more clear.

However what I will say is that this gives us all an opportunity. Every one of us forumites have 1 important thing in common. We bleed red, white and black. Yes we have different opinions on things (what kinda of a world would we live in if we didn't) but the common love and desire for us to see a StKilda captain raise the premiership cup. And we share this with thousands of other StKilda supporters all around the world (I've been in Canada the last few months and have been converting a few) and every 1 club single player who has worn only our guernsey at some point (From Baldock, Barker, Loewe, Hayes etc). No individual is greater than the club - coach, player, president or forumite. Let's use this as an opportunity to greaten our love for the club (yes its always possible).

So for the forumites who have been fighting constantly - I urge you to wipe the slate clean. Continue having your opinions but understand that it is possible of people to have other opinions too - we are in a world that tries to encourage free speech. We will need a united front against the masses of opposition fans who will use this against us - "Letting a great coach go, same old Aints etc.".

I love this football club and I know that everyone reading this post feels the same way. And even Malthouse is hated by a lot on this site - remember his quote to his players after the drawn GF (Apologies for not remembering the exact line)- "If you look at this as a disappointment, it is. If you look at this as an opportunity, it will be".

And if you need any further inspiration - look at Geelong. Lost their best player in the league and then their coach walks out on them for another club (and who knows if Ablett wouldn't have stayed). Their board, players and fans (well the 1s that I know) act with dignity and somehow they are a strong legitimate chance to win the 2011 flag.

Jakes

GO SAINTS!