Should Lenny retire?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:No.

Window still open.
Great clubman who deserves to play (like Harv.s) until his body definitely can go no further.
Will be under the Vets list (?already is) so should be able to earn well with us.
See Melbourne's folly of retiring James MacDonald a year too early - can upset the fabric of a club and who knows what potential that could have to undermine.
This team can still challenge with Lenny in it and the possible emergence of some new younger players over the next 2 years.
window closed. but it shoudl be up to him. he still has a contract. only he would know whether he wants to play ion knowning that we may not be in the finals for a year or 2.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I hope everyone realises JB was having a lend of us. Lenny will play in the midfield round one next year baring injury. He isnt retiring, going to another club or playing on the forward line but he is looking after his dog.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I most certainly think he will be part of a flag tilt. With his exclusion this season with the knee it's given Armo a real baptism of fire. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what both of them working together can give us, one thing in particular is first use of the ball. I'd like to see him stay on and play. Perhaps a bit of romanticism, I dunno.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Hope we get two years out of Lenny, then grab him for a coaching position.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

If its a case of should he play at all, I agree with the majority of people here saying he should give it up, especially after two knee recos and about to get married and everything.

Footy has been pretty cruel to him at times and I wouldn't begrudge him for it.

Hell, even if he left to go play for GWS, I'd still love him.

I'm not putting my rose-coloured glasses on saying "I don't think he'll leave us because if he did he's a bastard, wah wah wah", I'm just saying I genuninely couldn't imagine him doing it (or Roo).

But if he were to do it, I'd be shocked and disappointed but wouldn't hate him or anything and certainly wouldn't stop supporting the club. Come on...

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I hope everyone realises JB was having a lend of us. Lenny will play in the midfield round one next year baring injury. He isnt retiring, going to another club or playing on the forward line but he is looking after his dog.
I don't think he was plugger, read the first post carefully. It seems like he was actually genuinely thinking he should retire. And given his situation, it's not the worst idea in the world.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I hope everyone realises JB was having a lend of us. Lenny will play in the midfield round one next year baring injury. He isnt retiring, going to another club or playing on the forward line but he is looking after his dog.
I don't think he was plugger, read the first post carefully. It seems like he was actually genuinely thinking he should retire. And given his situation, it's not the worst idea in the world.
My opinion is that there has been so many silly posts lately that he put this up to see what other silly posts we would get. I could be wrong. I usually am.

mohannair
Club Player

He is doing a part time coaches course & after his playing days are over should be an assistant to Ross & then ultimately take over. Similar to the current Collingwood situation. :wink:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

According to mike sheehan the dog will be at melbourne next year, and jon ralph thinks the dog would be stupid to refuse such a generous offer.
I've heard from a reliable source that the dog will coach carlton next year.

KD has just tweeted that she and the dog are in a relationship, and that the dog introduced her to the true meaning of personal hygiene. But I don't believe it.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Way to ruin a party pluggs…

Bowey Boy
Club Player

No !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Megsie
Club Player

NO & go wash your mouth out for even thinking about Lenny that way.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

JB is a very naughty boy.
fishing on a work day. tut tut!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Craw
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
According to mike sheehan the dog will be at melbourne next year, and jon ralph thinks the dog would be stupid to refuse such a generous offer.

KD has just tweeted that she and the dog are in a relationship, and that the dog introduced her to the true meaning of personal hygiene. But I don't believe it.
When the dog was asked how it felt it had been treated throughout the whole whole affair it was quoted as saying ............... Ruff !

Not Craw, CRAW!
The Craw
Club Player

satchmo wrote:

When the dog was asked how it felt it had been treated throughout the whole whole affair it was quoted as saying ............... Ruff !

Not Craw, CRAW!
Rosco
Club Player

should lenny retire? definitely. i'd hate to see Rossy delist him at the end of 2014.

robbo_93

i hate to say it but i think he should retire. realistically he probably won't be a part of our next premiership so i'd be open to trading him if we can get something recent in return.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

robbo_93 wrote:i hate to say it but i think he should retire. realistically he probably won't be a part of our next premiership so i'd be open to trading him if we can get something recent in return.
Nice try troll. Unfortunately for Filth supporters, Ross will be coaching, and Lenny will be spiritually leading St Kilda FC back to the top of the ladder and yet another assault on the premiership.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Neighbour Michael Rix said "I hope the dog goes" .
Apparently it barks forever.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
dragit
Saintsational Legend

leni hay is hack, saynt kilda wont make top 9 for 100 years at leest, he shood retire. get some ffresh blood in like nathan ablet and mark blake, ros lion could make thems good role player

robbo_93

rosco and sanitly say the same thing yet im the troll? idiot..

im sticking to my guns, lenny shouldn't play on, we should blood young talent instead. i'd love to see him become ross' right hand man though!

St Lenny
Club Player

Megsie wrote:NO & go wash your mouth out for even thinking about Lenny that way.
Agree, or anyone who says anything about getting rid of Lenny and yes he is the heart of sole of St Kilda at this present time, should be put up to a firing squad. No one would dare suggest that about Harves, so why Lenny :evil:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

two more years at most in him i reckon
but he'll come back fine
will have a good year next year

he's doing a diploma in management as well isnt he??

i think he'll end up in sydney either doing something with juniors or at the swnas or gws

saintkellerm
Club Player

No way, in the first GF last year he ws one of the players who kept us in that game IMHO, when he kiked that goal outside 50 (which I don't think I hav seen for a long long time (or once) to me that showed determination and willingness to do anything to win and it will continue next year and beyond. No doubt about it we missed him this yr, but am happy that Jack has stepped up. I met him a week ago and had a pic with him (how happy was I) and he loves the Saints (well that was my impression). would love to see him play for 2 years. I hate this window closed crap, it is only if the club folded or was no longer playing then you say it's def closed. Don't you worry, next year when there is no pressure on us, we usually play our best, juz look at the second half, everyone else thought we were gone, but the players and us (some) didn't. This is what being a part of the STKFC - taking the good, the bad and sometimes ugly.

The Craw
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
The Craw wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Neighbour Michael Rix said "I hope the dog goes" .
Apparently it barks forever.
Lenny was heard to say...... all I ever hear from the dog its just ..... roo roo roo roo !

Not Craw, CRAW!