Well that's that (again!)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well that's that (again!)

Another season finished. I'm as gutted as anyone else to see us go out in the manner we did, however I'm not going to post anything negative in the aftermath..after all will it change the result? NO!
It was a season that seemed to be encapsulated in that game last night, it went from tragedy to farce, from despair to exhilaration and back to despair. from rapture to rupture! :roll: But at the end of it all, we endure! Sure we are hurting, we are frustrated and perhaps will lash out at anything and anyone :roll: (including our fellow sainters on here :cry: ) to make sense of it all. This is wasted energy and will not do any of us any good as we contemplate the coming season of 2012. I have to say that in the scheme of things we got to finish fairly strongly after our awful start, and our early elimination can provide some perspective on just where we truly stand as a flag contender, and what we need to do to improve. I want to say here, how much I have enjoyed being a part of this club, both at the game and on here at Saintsational. I'm a glutton for punishment or else a loyal Sainter but I WILL be back next year (if God spares me) ready to risk me heart being broken for the chance of glory...or maybe its simply that I love this club so much?
My very best to all my pals!

YOU ROCK!!!!!

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well that's that (again!)

thejiggingsaint wrote:Another season finished. I'm as gutted as anyone else to see us go out in the manner we did, however I'm not going to post anything negative in the aftermath..after all will it change the result? NO!
It was a season that seemed to be encapsulated in that game last night, it went from tragedy to farce, from despair to exhilaration and back to despair. from rapture to rupture! :roll: But at the end of it all, we endure! Sure we are hurting, we are frustrated and perhaps will lash out at anything and anyone :roll: (including our fellow sainters on here :cry: ) to make sense of it all. This is wasted energy and will not do any of us any good as we contemplate the coming season of 2012. I have to say that in the scheme of things we got to finish fairly strongly after our awful start, and our early elimination can provide some perspective on just where we truly stand as a flag contender, and what we need to do to improve. I want to say here, how much I have enjoyed being a part of this club, both at the game and on here at Saintsational. I'm a glutton for punishment or else a loyal Sainter but I WILL be back next year (if God spares me) ready to risk me heart being broken for the chance of glory...or maybe its simply that I love this club so much?
My very best to all my pals!

YOU ROCK!!!!!

Dave :lol:
Right back at ya Jiggster :wink:

snowdelisaint
Club Player

you must have worn the wrong hat on saturday

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Wrong hat? :lol: I like it! a scientific approach to why we lost :wink: The only trouble with THAT particular theory is that the beanie was also being worn! (by the jigging grandaughter!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Onya Dave, appreciate your words.

Go Sainters!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
St Lenny
Club Player

We are heartbroken, feel sorry for myself, the club and the boys. However, I would rather go out now than have false hope, loose the Prelim or another GF. This way the boys get a couple of extra weeks off, hopefully get their ops out of the way early, giving them longer to recover and regroup. I really think they need and deserve that.

Enjoy the break boys and I look forward to jumping back on the roller coaster next season.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Excellent post Dave. Emotions are running high at the moment and there are some you cannot please no matter what you do.

I am planning on sitting back and watching a successful trade week unfold for us, Rossy signing a new contract with us and BJ committing to another 3 year extension to his contract.

Onwards and upwards. This club is not the same as I am told it was through the 70's and 80's. We will not implode, we will regroup and come back stronger in 2012.

Fortius Quo Fidelius!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well said.

But I disagree sorry. 1 quarter efforts in a final is disgraceful. End of story. Not good enough. Had we given it our all and lost, well fairs fair IMO.

But im sure you could say something negative about the Dumpires!!!

Ajer
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:We are heartbroken, feel sorry for myself, the club and the boys. However, I would rather go out now than have false hope, loose the Prelim or another GF. This way the boys get a couple of extra weeks off, hopefully get their ops out of the way early, giving them longer to recover and regroup. I really think they need and deserve that.

Enjoy the break boys and I look forward to jumping back on the roller coaster next season.
Wtf? You'd rather go out in week 1 of the finals so the boys can go and recover for an extra fortnight? We aint gunna win the flag next year either, so do you hope we go out in week 1 again so they can get an extra couple of weeks to prepare for season 2013 as well..?

This flawed, crazy naive logic is the reason we only have 1 premiership in 115 years. :roll:

Ajer
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:We are heartbroken, feel sorry for myself, the club and the boys. However, I would rather go out now than have false hope, loose the Prelim or another GF. This way the boys get a couple of extra weeks off, hopefully get their ops out of the way early, giving them longer to recover and regroup. I really think they need and deserve that.

Wtf? You'd rather go out in week 1 of the finals so the boys can go and recover for an extra fortnight? We aint gunna win the flag next year either, so do you hope we go out in week 1 again so they can get an extra couple of weeks to prepare for season 2013 as well..?

This flawed, crazy naive logic is the reason we only have 1 premiership in 115 years. :roll:

Ajer
Club Player

I dont think it was a total waste of a season anyway. After such a terrible start, we came home very strong and did well to make the finals.

Saints 2012
Club Player

Not a wasted year, but must learn from it if we want to improve, still ahead of Tigers, North, Bombers, Melbourne, Bulldogs in terms of 2012 & challenging for a spot in the 8. Only a couple of A grade players away from being top 4.