Gram should already be half way to GWS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I do love his toughness at the ball and the man.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Gram is a total liability

We need to bring in young kids who can actually kick properly

Gramsy_1 would have to be the softest player in the AFL

How he continues to get a game is mind boggling!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Have been a big fan of gram's, but anyone who doesn't reckon he is taking shorter steps every week is voluntarily blind.

Doesn't stick a tackle, pulls up short, and jogs between contests. Doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

Couple of kicks inside 50 tonight were excellent, but some of the efforts in avoiding having to tackle someone were even better.

Has become very lazy.

Saints Angel
Club Player

Like a lots of Saints people I think that Gram should go. For as many kick as he gets he turns twice as many over. Any body on body for Gram is a no no. Just seeing him walk around you can see he can no longer run. time for him to go because he is not going to get any better.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

He played well. He won his fair share of the ball and his kicking was generally excellent. Almost as if the OP had this written out before the game, and thought what the heck I'll run with anyway.

BJ was horrible tonight - he kicked a couple of goals which were valuable but other than that, was soundly beaten by his opponent and made some shocking errors.

Joey - very disappointing. Both of these players are previous AA's and both were key reasons (other than the obvious one being our skippers ineptitude in front of goal) as to why we lost. Let's not seek out easy targets

defacto
Club Player

gram will be 28 years of age next year. if we can get a decent trade for him we should jump at it. his best footy is behind him. gws needs experienced bigger bodies. we need youth we can develop.

win win.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

One of our best tonight. Where is the Rooy, BJ, Zac, Steven, Ray and just about any other player should go thread.

noreason41
Club Player

Moods wrote::lol:

He played well. He won his fair share of the ball and his kicking was generally excellent. Almost as if the OP had this written out before the game, and thought what the heck I'll run with anyway.

BJ was horrible tonight - he kicked a couple of goals which were valuable but other than that, was soundly beaten by his opponent and made some shocking errors.

Joey - very disappointing. Both of these players are previous AA's and both were key reasons (other than the obvious one being our skippers ineptitude in front of goal) as to why we lost. Let's not seek out easy targets
I thought his game was contrasting.

He kicked well, 3rd highest disposal getter, 4 i50s for 2 goal assists, and 5 rebound50s.

But, what astounds me, is that of his 26 disposals - not 1 was contested. Not even 1, contested possession. No clearances, just 2 tackles.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Can any of those accusing him of being a "squib" and pulling out of contests please name specific instances and when they occurred in last night's game. I'd like to watch the replay to see for myself.

Thanks.

Carna Saints!!!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

SteveStevens66 wrote:Can any of those accusing him of being a "squib" and pulling out of contests please name specific instances and when they occurred in last night's game. I'd like to watch the replay to see for myself.

Thanks.
exactly

for most of the season the same posters with the same agenda

to the point of saying well documented examples,,,, well show us some

or stfu

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

PJ wrote:Strange call to bag Gram tonight probably his best game for the year
He hasn't had any kind of good game at all this year and I'm wondering that on reflection his comments that he made on radio about players looking to retirement at the end of this season was subtext for "I'm over this and I want out so I'll play like a piece of marshmellow until the end"

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

SteveStevens66 wrote:Can any of those accusing him of being a "squib" and pulling out of contests please name specific instances and when they occurred in last night's game. I'd like to watch the replay to see for myself.

Thanks.
I've never seen someone make no effort at smothering a ball in a contest, time and time again.

That's when I started to think "how gutless are you?"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
He hasn't had any kind of good game at all this year and I'm wondering that on reflection his comments that he made on radio about players looking to retirement at the end of this season was subtext for "I'm over this and I want out so I'll play like a piece of marshmellow until the end"
Or maybe people watch certain players and no matter what they do people still have the same opinion of them.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:
Or maybe people watch certain players and no matter what they do people still have the same opinion of them.
You can watch certain players, if only to see if they lift their effort and attitude and it's clear after "watching a certain player" this season he makes no effort other than to almost run the other way.

kaos theory
Club Player

Re: Gram should already be half way to GWS

iwantmeseats wrote:Besides absolutely diabolically disgraceful disposal, I am sick of watching this little s*** SHORT STEP his way out of contests he should be going into TIME AND TIME AND TIME again! I see it one week, fob it off and keep the faith ..but no more. SQUIB!! pathetic and embarassing !!!

Tonight again in the middle takes wto steps towards the upcoming contest and pulls out stops and watches. Gutless.
Oh FFS give it a rest.

Absolute BS.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He hasn't been right since last years finals and may have some kind of injury, the club will weigh up whether he has any improvement or will never be right and make a calculated decision. He gets a game at the moment because we have no one better if we recruit or develop someone better he loses his spot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:
You can watch certain players, if only to see if they lift their effort and attitude and it's clear after "watching a certain player" this season he makes no effort other than to almost run the other way.
Do you rate players who do well in finals as good players? i certainly do and as bad as we were last night Grammy at least did better than most. Id be looking at a few before him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah because gram is an in and under player
ffs

he's an outside runner

when does he get his touches?
oh thats right when hes running and breaking lines

he aint lenny hayes
totally diff player

he'll stay
and you can all whine about it till this time next year

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

An outside running player should at least have silky skills.

We need a young kid with pace and skill, be nice if they also had a bit of hardness

but a 28yo who is an atrocious kick and would be better suited to netball given his propensity to avoid body contact at all times is clearly taking up a place in the team which would be more ideally suited to developing a kid coming through

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Martrix, I don't ignore the fact that players have roles to perform, but just being "an outside runner" is letting him off the hook. That is no excuse for not going hard into a contest.

Seriously, he deliberates, and if their is an option to do so he hangs back and lets someone else do the hard work. I have been a big fan of Gram's since his first intra club with us, but I even I have noticed this in the past 12 weeks.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I have noticed this in the past 12 weeks.

Gram has squibbed it for years!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah i understand
its frustrating, i dont think he trusts his body size maybe?
dunno
but he's at his best when he is open space
but the kicking has been average

will be interesting to see if he stays around
i reckon we'll keep him, but wont be surprised if he does go

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:yeah i understand
its frustrating, i dont think he trusts his body size maybe?
dunno
but he's at his best when he is open space
but the kicking has been average

will be interesting to see if he stays around
i reckon we'll keep him, but wont be surprised if he does go

I'd rather a young kid with pace and skill to rack up the uncontested possessions and use the ball to advantage

A 28yo with deplorable skills is not the guy you want in your team using the ball coming out of defence

AND when the player also happens to be the softest player in the AFL then there is absolute zero merit in him being selected

develop a young kid for this role and do it NOW

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

He's not perfect, but I would keep him. You can't have a team of 22 superstars.

Last night I was far less impressed with Ray (who seems to have evolved from a mediocre player to a crap player), Schneider, Riewoldt and Montagna. Milne was genuinely pretty ordinary too, as was BJ (as he has been most of the season). And CJ's butchering of the ball is getting harder and harder to take.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

FARREN RAY WHERE ARE YOU?

Gram must go - cant carry long bombing plodders living off 09 GF.

Skill is what we need - he wont improve in that space.

“Yeah….nah””