No expectations this year ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

No expectations this year ...

No expectations this year ... Compared to 2009 & 2010 where I thought we could win it . I think the team has done well to make the finals with the year the club has had - so anything more will be a bonus!

Perhaps not carrying the same level of expectation will help the team ? It would be a miracle if they could pull it off!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
St Michele
Club Player

My expectation have been rising in the last few weeks but taking it one week at a time

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Re: No expectations this year ...

WinnersOnly wrote:No expectations this year ... Compared to 2009 & 2010 where I thought we could win it . I think the team has done well to make the finals with the year the club has had - so anything more will be a bonus!

Perhaps not carrying the same level of expectation will help the team ? It would be a miracle if they could pull it off!
I think the underdog/off-the-radar tag will be good for the experienced leaders - means they can head into the finals without the weight of the world on their shoulders and just come out and be aggressive.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

win a final and from where weve been its been a successful turn round
get to prelim and its "super effort".

Wont make a GF from where we are having struggled to beat top 8 all year (no Carltons last loss with 42 tackles doesnt count for mine).

“Yeah….nah””
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Yeh its interesting isn't it..much more comfortable this year compared to the last 3..call it the weight of expectation..have almost convinced myself that a win over Sydney will do this year..of course if that happens it all changes and the dreams kick in..tell you what..get over the Swans and play a Hawks or Cats who will be extra sore and tired after playing in heavy conditions and things could get interesting..but back to reality..look no further than a win against those honest bloody swans !!!

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Almost always, the Prelims are between the top 4 sides.

Don't get sucked into us playing a "sore" opponent next week.

They have an extra day's break on us, plus the game next week is at the G.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I have a lot of expectations.

I expect us to win a premiership with this team.

that said, I love em regardless

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Funny thing is I do have expectations. They should beat Sydney, they should make a 50 50 contest with most of the top 4. We need some luck, we need some guts but why not. Tattslotto gives some of the poorest percentage chances you'll find but everyone has a go because if the balls fall right on the day you get a win. While we are playing we can make our own history. Adelaide didn't deserve to get to the 97 GF then they backed up the next year.

georgie girl
Club Player

gringo wrote:Funny thing is I do have expectations. They should beat Sydney, they should make a 50 50 contest with most of the top 4. We need some luck, we need some guts but why not. Tattslotto gives some of the poorest percentage chances you'll find but everyone has a go because if the balls fall right on the day you get a win. While we are playing we can make our own history. Adelaide didn't deserve to get to the 97 GF then they backed up the next year.
No expectations this year but I must say '97 is in the back of my mind a lot too!! :)

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I must say that I do have expectations.

A Prelim is highly realisitc I reckon.

I'd be very disappointed if we don't beat Sydney.

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't put ourselves in a winning position at some stage against either Geelong or Hawthorn too.

Then, it gets tough. But depending on how we've looked to that point and how our opponent is looking in the Prelim.....who knows from there?

But really, for a team that's played in two GFs in a row and nearly won both of them, not making the Prelim from where we're currently sitting is a failure for mine.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

There is a lot of expectation that we will beat Sydney. Too much, IMO. In fact, I would go so far as to say Sydney should be favorites. They beat Geelong at Geelong. They beat us. Everyone on here is talking about how we can beat Geelong and Hawthorn and preliminary finals but honestly, I'm getting flashes back to the '05 prelim when I think about this upcoming game against those filthy maggot swans. Make no mistake, they are ferals.

BUT

IF

we do beat them, I tend to agree that we've got a good chance deeper in september. But this game, at best, will be a narrow victory, or could easily be a comfortable victory to them.

:evil: :evil:

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."