Team v Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm happy with the team.

Ross could be playing games though, it is finals.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'm happy with the team.

Ross could be playing games though, it is finals.
Agreed Walsh could play.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

we were poisoned a couple of weeks, ago, this week, we'll break sydney's heart in the wall of Ross.

Rooey to bounce back with 4 goals, 2 goal assists

Kosi to kick 3.3 missing one right on 25 metres but kicking one boomer to finish off the swans in the 15 minute of the 4 quarter to have us 6 goals up.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Interesting to see Geary named on Shaw like I had hoped…

Who will be the sub? maybe Ray or Armo?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Interesting to see Geary named on Shaw like I had hoped…

Who will be the sub? maybe Ray or Armo?
I would think Geary will be sub.

SaintTom
Club Player

I think Geary could be the sub. Brings a bit of pace of the bench, and you get more over the course of a whole game with Ray. Armo isn't a good idea off the bench, he adds ferocious tackling and contested ball, not exactly needed for fresh legs, you just want him out there from the start.

Badlands
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I would think Geary will be sub.
Doesn't the sub usually come from the four named on the bench?

Armo, Steven, Ray, Polo.

I would be voting on Farren again.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:

Armo, Steven, Ray, Polo.

No it has nothing to do with the named bench.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Badlands wrote:

Armo, Steven, Ray, Polo.

It doesn't have too, but I can't remember the Sub coming from anyone not named on the bench? Has it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Badlands wrote:

Armo, Steven, Ray, Polo.

It doesn't have too, but I can't remember the Sub coming from anyone not named on the bench? Has it?
I wouldnt have a clue but I would think it has.

Winmar
Club Player

I like the Gram for the bench idea. He doesn't do enough during the game these days, but could be a useful impact player.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

…anyways, someone needs to shadow Rhys Shaw as he gets a lot of it, I think Geary would be good for this…

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Still think we Gardiner !

Still think we Gardiner !

Perhaps there will a late change Gardiner for McEvoy?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Still think we Gardiner !

WinnersOnly wrote:Still think we Gardiner !

Perhaps there will a late change Gardiner for McEvoy?
Why not just name them though?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

At 192 cm, Grundy is a strong defender. Has played consistently for most of this year, but not at 2010 level. He will be missed by Swans = good for us.

rexy
SS Life Member

McEvoy will definately play IMO, If Gardiner is a late change it would be for Kosi Blake or Dawson and i cant see any of them making way! Gardiner played OK last week but our balance and attack improved dramatically after the sub was made, McEvoy is now number 1 ruck without hesitation IMO!

I like the idea of Gram as sub but dont think Ross will go with that, IMO it will be Steven, he is the least finals experienced and I see Ross as a fairly safe kind of a guy, this would be the safe option!

Good to see Baker still an emergency, with Sandy not playing finals can anyone shed any light on how we would be keeping the likes of the 3 emergencies along with Lynch Walsh Cripps Syposs(spelling?) Mini Eddy etc in some kind of match fitnesss in case of injuries?

Think Reiwoldt will have a big game by the way!

Maybe this year?
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

ross speak is not an easy thing to decipher - but he alluded to needing to see gardi play to see if he was up to it. he was, and if mcevoy gets injured we have an able replacement. imo.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:McEvoy will definately play IMO, If Gardiner is a late change it would be for Kosi Blake or Dawson and i cant see any of them making way! Gardiner played OK last week but our balance and attack improved dramatically after the sub was made, McEvoy is now number 1 ruck without hesitation IMO!

I like the idea of Gram as sub but dont think Ross will go with that, IMO it will be Steven, he is the least finals experienced and I see Ross as a fairly safe kind of a guy, this would be the safe option!

Good to see Baker still an emergency, with Sandy not playing finals can anyone shed any light on how we would be keeping the likes of the 3 emergencies along with Lynch Walsh Cripps Syposs(spelling?) Mini Eddy etc in some kind of match fitnesss in case of injuries?

It isnt going to be a mid however inexperienced they are so it will not be Steven. It has to be either Geary, Blake or Ray. They are the only 3 options.

rexy
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
rexy wrote:McEvoy will definately play IMO, If Gardiner is a late change it would be for Kosi Blake or Dawson and i cant see any of them making way! Gardiner played OK last week but our balance and attack improved dramatically after the sub was made, McEvoy is now number 1 ruck without hesitation IMO!

It isnt going to be a mid however inexperienced they are so it will not be Steven. It has to be either Geary, Blake or Ray. They are the only 3 options.
Love the way so many on the forum speak as if they know, as if it is a fore gone conclusion and there is no chance they could be wrong! For what its worth you could be right, your logic seems solid and I agree that Jack is a pure mid and the others mentioned are not, we also go in with midfielder more than we had last week with the inclusion of Armo, time will tell!

For the record I would not play Jack as the sub I just think that Ross may!

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Love the way so many on the forum speak as if they know, as if it is a fore gone conclusion and there is no chance they could be wrong! For what its worth you could be right, your logic seems solid and I agree that Jack is a pure mid and the others mentioned are not, we also go in with midfielder more than we had last week with the inclusion of Armo, time will tell!

Sorry next time I will say IMO. Jack is far to good of a player to be sub. Unless there is an obvious sun lets just pick our 22 player IMO. Jack is about 8th.

rexy
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
rexy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry next time I will say IMO. Jack is far to good of a player to be sub. Unless there is an obvious sun lets just pick our 22 player IMO. Jack is about 8th.
Agreed, very important player and has to much quality to be the sub!

Maybe this year?
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Honestly, I see Gardi coming in. Mumford KILLED us last time, and I think come Saturday Gardiner will find himself in a Saints guernsey. Who for I don't know. The Swans have gone tall too...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Spinner wrote:Where are all the Gardiner haters now???????????

Woops. I mean Gardiner lovers.

BTW the source is Patrick Keane from the AFL Communications. Really pisses me off how others re-use that information without detailing where it has come from.
Right here.

Thank you for identifying yourself.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Honestly, I see Gardi coming in. Mumford KILLED us last time, and I think come Saturday Gardiner will find himself in a Saints guernsey. Who for I don't know. The Swans have gone tall too...

So the solution to a dominate ruckman is to just to just play more ruckmen.

Memo Geelong to combat Buddy. Play 22 backmen.

rexy
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:Honestly, I see Gardi coming in. Mumford KILLED us last time, and I think come Saturday Gardiner will find himself in a Saints guernsey. Who for I don't know. The Swans have gone tall too...

So the solution to a dominate ruckman is to just to just play more ruckmen.

Memo Geelong to combat Buddy. Play 22 backmen.
Have to agree with spinner (not there is anything wrong with that), winning a game of football is not about having to win every position or match the oppositions strengths. It is about setting your self aside from your opposition, taking a leadership position. Best case scenario for us is that all the talkback on saturday nights drive home is about how the swans were too tall, and whilst even though Mumford was very good, when the ball hit the ground the saints were to good for them.

Must win on our terms!

Maybe this year?