Heathens - The Movie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mcadam05
Club Player

I have removed the Video if i offended anyone for that I'm sorry my aim has always been too post Vidoes of the St Kilda Football club and too me "The Heathens" was just another video in my Collection

I Still have heaps of Video's up so ENJOY!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:I have removed the Video if i offended anyone for that I'm sorry my aim has always been too post Vidoes of the St Kilda Football club and too me "The Heathens" was just another video in my Collection

Didn't offend me mate. Keep up the great work.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rosco
Club Player

you had a disclaimer up front, not offended just reminds me too much of the current day filth.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:I have removed the Video if i offended anyone for that I'm sorry my aim has always been too post Vidoes of the St Kilda Football club and too me "The Heathens" was just another video in my Collection

A shame you have taken it down :(

I know a few people who would be interested in seeing it again or even for the first time.

You sure as hell didn't offend me. I was most grateful for you putting it up after I had been trying to track it down for years.

Unless someone has told you to take it down due to copyright, I reckon it wouldn't be a bad idea to put it back up.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

One of my favourite moments in Heathens was the very brief cameo made by the St.Kilda supporting blue heeler dog "Matilda".

Anyone else remember the dog who attended Saints games around that time?

I recall The Hun doing an article about her.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wowser c$#@s should go and watch ballet if they want a cultural experience. Why take it down you could just choose not to watch it if your offended by swearing.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Put it back up mate!!

Watched it for the first time was a great view!!

The Saints are coming!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Wowser c$#@s should go and watch ballet if they want a cultural experience. Why take it down you could just choose not to watch it if your offended by swearing.
Perhaps Megan Spencer doesn't like her docos to be viewed on youtube.

For a real cultural experience, they will be screened at Cinematheque sometime in the foreseeable future. :lol:

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
widereceiver wrote: The passionless proles who sit around me would stand up to fart in the bath!
So you have to carry on like a brainless moron to have passion?
God, you're a wet blanket. If you don't like the movie fine, but don't be such a condescending jerk. Doubt you even know how to spell fun let alone have it...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
widereceiver wrote: The passionless proles who sit around me would stand up to fart in the bath!
God, you're a wet blanket. If you don't like the movie fine, but don't be such a condescending jerk. Doubt you even know how to spell fun let alone have it...
Now, now, no need to spark an e-donniebrook, particularly with the finals about to commence.

Let's all try to enjoy ourselves instead :idea:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Are you able to explain how expressing an opinion is being condescending? I was referring to the concept of having passion. While it seems that we both have a different defenition of fun, I can swear and carry on with the best of them. I also ocassionaly get drunk at the footy and make an arse of myself, not that I'm excusing it. But there is a fine line.

BTW, the movie wasn't sympathetic to them and didn't paint them in a very good light. It wasn't even supposed to be funny. The camera saw them for what they were: drunken bogans or did you just miss the title of the film? The final scene faded out with animal like sounds, implying that they were no better than apes. But I guess that went over the top of your head. Now I'm the one who is being condescending.
Last edited by SaintPav on Mon 05 Sep 2011 7:55pm, edited 3 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mordi
Club Player

Re: Heathens - The Movie

mcadam05 wrote:I have post in full this hidden gem from 1996 when the camera followed the highs and lows of a group of saints supporters though the 91 season

If bad language offends this isnt for you, but otherwise please ENJOY!

Please put back.... I haven't had a chance to watch it !

What's the Point of it All?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I guess times change regarding behaviour at the game. The point about these dudes being compared with feral collingwood supporters is worth noting. We can't condemn them and then praise similar behaviour.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
StevieSaint
Club Player

Put it back on please!!!

It has a bit of foul language, so what? It's tame compared to half the movies they bring out. If people don't like it, don't watch it.

It was classic!

GO SAINTS GO
Leo.J
SS Life Member

I've been going to the footy since well before 1991, and I would like to bet that our Filth counterparts of circa 1991 would leave these guys for dead...

The Filth have always been the bench mark of feraldom.

There's pockets of the Filth cheer squad that are still living in the 70's as far as political correctness goes, let alone 1991.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Stevie saint, fair comment about "if you don't like it...don't watch it" no argument from the jiggster there pal. The point I think worth consideration however, is that (unlike youtube, the telly etc) if one has young kiddies or daughters, wives etc, or even if that behaviour upsets a few guys and such "supporters" are sitting/standing nearby, then we dont have the option of the "off" button. Hey Mac! don't feel bad about posting it mate! no offence from the jigging saint! its a good glimpse at an era now long-gone.

mrkiss
Club Player

cmon put it back

I know several of the boys including 1 I no longer want anything to do with I used to stand 2 bays over was always good hearing them go off just wanna see as its hard to find

anyone doesnt like they can go elsewhere !!

StevieSaint
Club Player

Yeah I see what your saying Jiggster, no way would I use that language at the footy, especially with kids and families around. I just really enjoyed the video! Haha.

Go get em Saints!!!!

GO SAINTS GO
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

No worries Stevie, glad you see where I'm coming from. I stayed right to the siren at the 2nd GF but was out like a shot when the siren blew, not because I'm a sore loser, but because so many of the filth wanted to not only celebrate a great victory but to make life intolerable for anyone who came near them. I had young grandkids with me as well as two daughters! Drunken louts are not part of my plans to "enjoy footy" and as for thiose who say "if you dont like it go"....well why don't YOU remember your words next time you post about Collingdud ferals......(cause I WILL :twisted: )

sensaint
Club Player

I used to stand with Chook & drink with him at the Morrabbin Hotel, they were great days!

Waiting since '66
sensaint
Club Player

How times have changed, bring back the old days & enjoy a REAL game of footy !!!! The Doco was shown on late tv a few years back, we had a great time at Morrabbin in the 80's, Chook & all of us, esp when we won 1 or 2 games for the season !!!!

Waiting since '66
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Heathens - The Movie

mordi wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:I have post in full this hidden gem from 1996 when the camera followed the highs and lows of a group of saints supporters though the 91 season

If bad language offends this isnt for you, but otherwise please ENJOY!

Please put back.... I haven't had a chance to watch it !

Please + 1
c'mon gilly

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

It's gone

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bring back the Lockett era
Griggsy
SS Life Member

I am with the put it back up brigade, only watched the 1st half

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

If you are a student or work as staff at RMIT they have a copy in their library.