rumour file today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
bigred wrote:Ok...so here is the hypothetical.

We draft Fev.

He gets fit as all hell.
Kicks 120 goals in 2012 for us.
Frees up Roo so he is taking the number 2 backman, plus is often left with one defender.

Roo kicks 50+ and takes out another best and fairest after a stellar season.

We win the flag based upon a highly competitive midfield and an outright daunting forward setup whilst maintaining our good defensive record.

Sound like a good decision?

Or...

We draft Fev.

He gets on the pyss regularly, cant get a game and has a large media blow up in the preseason after a massive night at Crown.

We give him the arse and he takes us to court claiming unfair dismissal which is upheld.

He goes on "a current affair" with some tockley shots of Ross Lyon.

Sound like a good decision?
Fortune favours the brave... or we could just recruit another honest, ok footballer in his mid-20s who was dumped from his club.
Yep I agree we are never brave. How many games did Lovett play for us?Fev brings only bad culture to the club. A laughing stock amongst our players even if they are mates of him. Everyone has a mate who people laugh at and not with. He will not be at our club next year.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Whooooaaa, hold up... when did I say we are never brave P66? I just said, fortune favours the brave, that is all.

Lovett was all out a massive f*** up, I'm not shying away from that. But every time we have a risk in front of us, are we going to say, remember Andy Lovett, no way we can make that mistake again?

Its a no-win situation, we get Gardi, he is like a cult figure amongst us as he turned his life around. We pass on Cuz, some say he would have been the difference vs Geelong in the GF. We get Lovett, Lovett stuffs up, we look stupid.

I don't care how many times we stuff up, as long as we keep on striving ahead and win a premiership with the current crop of players I'll be a happy man!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

his only appeal is that he has x-factor which we're lacking

he's the type of player that could slot 2-3 quick goals - or make something out of nothing, and turn the match

we only have Milne that can do that

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Would presumably be on minimum wage, so why not have a crack at him?

No point going into our shell after the unfortunate Lovett saga, And fev is a terrific player, its just that his mentality is the weakest aspect of his game.

If he plays for us, I want to see him put all his gusto into every contest. That's what saints footy is all about, he'd be a poison if he was allowed to not go 100% all the time, ala his time at carlton.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Fine to question his attitude but if you are questioning his ability you have no clue
Loves the saints
Loves bagging goals against the pies
Would be minimum wage pick 99 of psd with 1 strike policy
What is the fuss all about??!

#1 Ryder fan
saintjake
Club Player

Not to get him would be a disservice to all is long suffering supporters waiting for a grandfinal.
One of out flaws is a lack if a good quality tall to take heat off Roo.
Here is a Coleman medalist who loves our club and would come at minimum wage (he's even said himself it's not about the money)
You will all be singing his praises when we win the flag with him next year.

I seriously think we are going to get him. Just from the points above.
Ross said early in the year he will go out and buy one (why not get one of the best for cheap)
And when they asked Lenny wether he should get a second chance on the coverage last night he couldn't get absolutely out of his mouth quick enough.

2012-year of the resurrection, of both the St.Kilda type, and the Fev type.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:rumour file :roll:

Why does anybody take notice of this?
Sock drawer already tidy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So we are happy getting a guy kicked out of two clubs because of attitude? Not for me unless he trains on his own and only sees our players on match day. He doesnt chase so how can Kosi and him work in the forward line. Also that means the messiah will never play for us unless he plays back and it looks as if the club now want to make him a forward. he may average 3 goals a game if he plays with us but he will cost us more IMO through attitude, lack of chasing and just being around the club. Would be a great guy at a local footy club but I dont think we are a local footy club.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

I often wonder what might have been in 2009 if we had the courage to take Ben Cousins. Somehow I think he may have been critical in that vital final quarter of the Grand Final, instead we had Mc Qualter. And who was it that we drafted with our last pick instead of Cousins? Oh yes Colm Begley, a wise choice indeed.

I am not saying we must draft Fevola, but I'd expect the club to give it some serious consideration, as it looks like other possibilities are staying at their clubs or going elsewhere.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Winning the flag with Fev??? Like he has won so many already. Has he ever played a finals match?

noreason41
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:So we are happy getting a guy kicked out of two clubs because of attitude? Not for me unless he trains on his own and only sees our players on match day. He doesnt chase so how can Kosi and him work in the forward line. Also that means the messiah will never play for us unless he plays back and it looks as if the club now want to make him a forward. he may average 3 goals a game if he plays with us but he will cost us more IMO through attitude, lack of chasing and just being around the club. Would be a great guy at a local footy club but I dont think we are a local footy club.
Agree, i can't believe people are even considering this.

This is a guy that year after year at Carlton, acted like an idiot and tarnished the Carlton brand.

It got to the point where Carlton made a decision that his on-field demeanor and off-field antics were costing the club more then his goals were contributing.

Less then a year after that Brisbane sack him, for similar reasons. Yet, after 5 or 6 good VFL games, and the short memories about the rape trial involving half our team and Lovett, people somehow think he'll be a bonus? :roll:

Until the Kimi incident, our core group of players had been pretty good at staying out of trouble. After the amount of bad press we got about that Saga that lasted nearly a year...

noreason41
Club Player

On another note; where are all the reports about Fev being willing to play for minimum wage coming from??

I doubt he's in a very sustainable financial position, and i'd imagine he'd be playing for whoever offers him the most, if anyone does.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I'd leave the final decision to the players or leadership group at least... Lenny seemed to have a definite view backed up with an endorsement of his changed outlook from a few close friends, which to me seemed rather interesting....

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

noreason41 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So we are happy getting a guy kicked out of two clubs because of attitude? Not for me unless he trains on his own and only sees our players on match day. He doesnt chase so how can Kosi and him work in the forward line. Also that means the messiah will never play for us unless he plays back and it looks as if the club now want to make him a forward. he may average 3 goals a game if he plays with us but he will cost us more IMO through attitude, lack of chasing and just being around the club. Would be a great guy at a local footy club but I dont think we are a local footy club.

This is a guy that year after year at Carlton, acted like an idiot and tarnished the Carlton brand.

It got to the point where Carlton made a decision that his on-field demeanor and off-field antics were costing the club more then his goals were contributing.

Less then a year after that Brisbane sack him, for similar reasons. Yet, after 5 or 6 good VFL games, and the short memories about the rape trial involving half our team and Lovett, people somehow think he'll be a bonus? :roll:

Until the Kimi incident, our core group of players had been pretty good at staying out of trouble. After the amount of bad press we got about that Saga that lasted nearly a year...
I wouldn't say we were squeeky clean, drink driving, lost licences, Milne/Joey incident, pub altercations, breaking curfues, and none of which involved young Kimmie.

P66, if we get 3 goals a game out of Fev, that means he is obviously a fwd target and demands an opponent. Roo and Kosi will probably average two or 3 a game too in that case.

If Fev gets caught urinating on the side of a kebab shop at 4 in the morning after the GF, celebrating a huge win over the Pies in which he kicked 10 and won the Norm Smith, I'll be a happy man... chances are he'll probably go to Freo anyway so all this discussion is pointless.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
noreason41
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
noreason41 wrote:

I wouldn't say we were squeeky clean, drink driving, lost licences, Milne/Joey incident, pub altercations, breaking curfues, and none of which involved young Kimmie.

P66, if we get 3 goals a game out of Fev, that means he is obviously a fwd target and demands an opponent. Roo and Kosi will probably average two or 3 a game too in that case.

If Fev gets caught urinating on the side of a kebab shop at 4 in the morning after the GF, celebrating a huge win over the Pies in which he kicked 10 and won the Norm Smith, I'll be a happy man... chances are he'll probably go to Freo anyway so all this discussion is pointless.
We weren't squeeky clean, but aside from Milne/Montagna (2003?), and Gehrig a few times between 2004-207, i don't remember too much happening.

Aside from that, if we were to get 3 goals a game out of Fev, he'd be 2nd in the league for goals, only behind Franklin.
How is that realistic?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
noreason41 wrote:

Not once have I worried about what silly things he will do outside of the club. I am more worried about inside the club and during games. He doesnt chase and with him and Kosi in the same forward line we have little defensive pressure. He will probably kick 60 in a year if was to play 20 games but defensively it will cost heaps.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:
noreason41 wrote:

Not once have I worried about what silly things he will do outside of the club. I am more worried about inside the club and during games. He doesnt chase and with him and Kosi in the same forward line we have little defensive pressure. He will probably kick 60 in a year if was to play 20 games but defensively it will cost heaps.

I'd take 60 in a year with absolutely no tackling... But I'm sure he'd be able to muster at least 70% defensive effort.

On the flip side, 100% tackling and little scores is incomparable to massive scoring output and zero defensive. The two dont equal each other IMO.

I reckon get him. Low $ contract, low dp. The risk with Brisbane was that he was high wages high trading. Remove that and it a different story.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:
noreason41 wrote:

I'd take 60 in a year with absolutely no tackling... But I'm sure he'd be able to muster at least 70% defensive effort.

On the flip side, 100% tackling and little scores is incomparable to massive scoring output and zero defensive. The two dont equal each other IMO.

I reckon get him. Low $ contract, low dp. The risk with Brisbane was that he was high wages high trading. Remove that and it a different story.
Yep he will kick 60 as I said in 20 games but I didnt add he will be dropped after 3 games when they realise he is a cancer to the club. Even if that didnt happen his 60 wont be 60 extra goals for the club. It will probably be 30 as he will be taking goals off other forwards. Is 30 extra goals to the club enough for a guy who never shows anything defensively but to his defence he has only had 12 years in the system. He should the hang of it shortly.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:
noreason41 wrote:

Yep he will kick 60 as I said in 20 games but I didnt add he will be dropped after 3 games when they realise he is a cancer to the club. Even if that didnt happen his 60 wont be 60 extra goals for the club. It will probably be 30 as he will be taking goals off other forwards. Is 30 extra goals to the club enough for a guy who never shows anything defensively but to his defence he has only had 12 years in the system. He should the hang of it shortly.

If you are going to make predictions, make 1. Not eight different scenarios.

I'd take 30 extra goals this year, last year and 2009. For the record.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: He doesnt chase and with him and Kosi in the same forward line we have little defensive pressure. He will probably kick 60 in a year if was to play 20 games but defensively it will cost heaps.
Yet I have seen Fevola chase down opponents numerous times which have resulted in him kicking goals

Please P66 - please explain this myth of Fevola never chasing opponents

Even Michael Voss disagrees with you

"In particular, Voss noted his willingness to chase opponents right until the end - an individual sign of Brisbane's willingness to work hard at the Geelong fortress.

"We saw some good signs today, those couple of chases he made down the wing, that lifts people around you, it becomes inspiring."

Please Plugger ... please explain because you seem supremely adamant that he flat out doesn't apply foward defensive pressure

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: He doesnt chase and with him and Kosi in the same forward line we have little defensive pressure. He will probably kick 60 in a year if was to play 20 games but defensively it will cost heaps.
Yet I have seen Fevola chase down opponents numerous times which have resulted in him kicking goals

Please P66 - please explain this myth of Fevola never chasing opponents

Even Michael Voss disagrees with you

"In particular, Voss noted his willingness to chase opponents right until the end - an individual sign of Brisbane's willingness to work hard at the Geelong fortress.

"We saw some good signs today, those couple of chases he made down the wing, that lifts people around you, it becomes inspiring."

Please Plugger ... please explain because you seem supremely adamant that he flat out doesn't apply foward defensive pressure
I'm guessing it would be related to a short period of time (a month?) where he (and Jono Brown) had a groin/stomach injury. He should not have been playing. He looked tired, fat & proppy and obviously didn't do any chasing. I felt embarrassed for him at the time and I was cursing Vossy and his team.

andrewg
Club Player

not
Last edited by andrewg on Fri 04 May 2012 1:55am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I would rather see Walsh get games into him than Fev. Signing Fev is a bit desperate.

saint tash
Club Player

andrewg wrote:I have joined this jsut to say I have on pretty good authority (80%) Fev has actually signed with the saints. I have been checking out this forum for a long time and been a saints supporter for 25 tears and to be honest Fev at the club in 2012 might bring some excitement back to 'saints footy'??
LOL. U need to have at least 1000 posts up here before u can post stuff like that on here.

Otherwise the troll bearers will be hunting u down.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
andrewg
Club Player

yep thought it would be a stretch but when it comes out remember me:)